[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpussify me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: absolut-vodka-listing.png (82KB, 270x460px) Image search: [Google]
absolut-vodka-listing.png
82KB, 270x460px
So maybe three weeks ago I drank a shitload of this stuff and threw up lots and got an awful hangover. Now I can't taste it without feeling sick, even if it's mixed up with something else. The very smell makes me nauseous.

I don't understand, I've thrown up before but I'm always up for it again in a week or two. So it must be the taste rather than the actual alcohol perhaps?

Does anyone know any trick of working myself around this other than just "man up"?
>>
Try mixing it with something powerful, to take out the flavor. The same thing can happen with food aswell. Its a manner of teaching yourself otherwise.
>>
>>18361403
This happens with a lot of people. My friend blacked out and puked everywhere when he had Captain Morgan and I can't drink box wine after a similar horrible experience. I would say to avoid it but if you want to get over it just drink small quantities and chase it with more whatever. If you do this slowly then over time you should get use to it again and won't want to puke upon smelling it.
>>
>>18361403
Just drink something else, Absolut is shit anyway.
>>
dont drink vodka drink whiskey or gin...
>>
>>18361403
Had the same experience with Smirnoff red. The smell of it gets/got associated with a bad scene, AFAICT.

Just drink something else, jeez.
>>
>>18361412
Hmmm this might work, got any suggestions on what I might mix in?
>>18361415
Yeah getting used will be plan B
>>18361417
It's with any vodka, I am no conoisseur I'm afraid.
>>
Find other alcohols to drink.
Wine in particular makes me feel bad, but I can do a half bottle of vodka (mixed with a diet red soda) and be up and ready to go first thing in the morning aside from having to take a massive shit.
>>
Vodka and tequila give me bad hangovers but not whiskey or rum. Dunno how that works since they have more sugar, but I know vodka is the worst as far as blackouts/hangovers go for most people.
>>
>>18361532
It's easier to get down without barfing when you're drunk enough that any more alcohol should incur rejection.

Which, perhaps, ties into the brain overcompensating and making the taste even at low level drinking thoroughly distasteful.
>>
Why would you work around it? You made yourself sick off of it. Of course your body rejects it. Your body is being smart. Why are you being stupid? Are you an alcoholic? Drinking til you throw up should not be a normal occurrence.
>>
>>18361403
maybe just don't drink so much?
>>
>>18361553
Thank you for your concern. I do not drink for my health and let's just say that I want to be able to continue doing it. I'm just surprised as to why I haven't hit this "wall" up until now.

But anons have been very helpful, cheers all
>>
>>18361403
Don't drink
>>
>>18361470
Buddy vodka doesn't taste like anything besides alcohol. Your body isn't rejecting a specific taste besides alcohol. Just so to drinking for a while.
>>
Its part of growing up i guess. In my teens i drank half a bottle of vodka, half a bottle of coffee liqueur and a bottle of white wine. I cant stand the smell of white wine now i immediately get a gag reflex and 10 years have past since that night. Find an alcohol that you actually like and enjoy drinking, for example i enjoy whiskey but the cheap brands give me a headache so when im low on cash i switch to dark lager.
>>
>>18361403
It's called "Learning a lesson"
>>
>>18361403
Happens all the time when you drink too much of a certain alcohol.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.