[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Long Distance Relationships?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: long_distance_map.jpg (3MB, 2699x1821px) Image search: [Google]
long_distance_map.jpg
3MB, 2699x1821px
Thoughts on Long Distance Relationships?
>>
Not sustainable in the long run.
If you never see each other in person the relationship will die quickly, may last a bit longer if you actually see each other.
>>
>>18360098
Pointless.
>>
>>18360098
They work only when they're temporary situations
>>
Assuming you mean that you meet online, only works if one person is prepared to move closer within a year or so.
>>
When does a relationship become a long distance relationship? If the drive is 20 min is it a long distance relationship?
>>
>>18360123
Came here to post this. And even a short time usually ruins it in the longer run
>>
>>18360469
No. A LDR happens when it takes at least a two hour drive to see the other person
>>
OP wants to get cucked.
>>
>>18360098
I had one. It lasted 2 months with no definitive end, but we both just didn't call each other frequently anymore. 800 mile difference. It honestly didn't even feel like we were even dating since weren't actively going on dates.
>>18360469
>is 20 minutes long?
No, dipshit. That's less than most people take to drive to work in the morning.
>>
>>18360469
It is if neither people don't have frequent assess to a vehicle.
>>18360476
A long distance relationship doesn't have objective parameters for distance or time.
>>
>>18360098
If they're temporary, and it also depends if you started long distance or not.

I was 100 miles away from a girl, and we were together for four months. It didn't end because the distance was too rough, it ended because I lost interest in her as a person.

Some people can do it, some can't. It just depends how comfortable you are with the situation in general. I don't know if I can do long distance personally. Even if I loved the girl, I don't think I could see myself lasting in one if it was more than a year or two, also factoring the actual distance and cost to travel.
>>
Saw Animal Collective the other night and met a really cool girl. She's gorgeous and literally the exact kind girl I've been keeping an eye out for.

The thing is she lives 2 hours away. I'm gonna at least meet up with her once before I start really questioning this, but I feel like two hours can be pretty rough over time. But she has a car so maybe we could meet halfway in a cool town and get a room for a few days.
>>
Don't do it.
It's so easy to cheat and it never works out.
Odds are very much against you.
>>
>>18360098
>Thoughts on Long Distance Relationships?
I would recommend against it. If it is a standard LDR it will end badly and you will be hurt for a bit. However that is not the worst type of LDR.

What people here haven't experienced is a far worse type of LDR, it is when you have the capital to actually spend time with them at least once a year, and you both live across major oceans. In that scenario it gets worse, because both of you become seriously invested in each other so it is not possible to break off, and it won't fizzle out. When that happens you get to deal with the immigration process. This process is one of the most horrible, dehumanizing, soul crushing thing imaginable. When you reach that stage you can't break it off anymore because by then you both have become emotionally dependent upon each other, and you have sunk tens of thousands of dollars on each other. You can see each other once or twice a year, and you actually know what it is like to physically be with that person but you have to go through a year or more of agony where you can't spend most of your time together.
>>
They don't work. Unless temporary. If one of you is in college it most certainly won't last.
>>
I actually live in Mexico now with my fiance after two years in a LDR, we would see each other in long periods of time like twice a year, either me going to her country, or her going to mine. It was rough or not impossible, we weren't afraid to love and took our chances.
My only advice, OP, be honest with yourself and your expectations. Don't force your way when the money and time investion is too much to handle. As long as you have a date for when it's going to be over, go for it. Every relationship has a bit of uncertainty.
>>
>>18360123
this
>>18360129
this

I used to think there was absolutely no circumstances under which an LDR would be a good idea or could possibly be successful but as of right now in my life, it could work, especially considering that I get nearly free airfare almost anywhere cause pilot dad, my passport does need to be renewed in a year so I might as well do that somewhat soonish, and right now I can move anywhere on fairly short notice.

I think you have to find the right person that you trust, and make sure it's a temporary thing.
>>
Uh me and my fiance were in a LDR (we actually met on the internet and were across the country from each other). We are getting married so it works.

I don't know what people are talking about. Its sad sometimes because you don't see each other often and I cried a lot when we had to part ways. Its probably different if you are very extroverted or something and constantly having to resist seeing other girls/guys in front of you. But if you are mostly introverted its a non issue.
>>
>>18360469
A long distance relationship is such that both you and your other are physically separated enough where you can't see each other on some daily/weekly basis.

If a 20 minute drive is all that separates a "pair" and they consider that long distance then the "pair" never really cared about each other to begin with.
>>
>>18361819

What if they are < 18 and don't have a reliable form of transport?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.