[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worthless degree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (74KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 640x960px
I'm 28 years old and have a liberal arts degree because everyone said I had to "do what you love ". Now I realize the wages are low and even if I'm the best in my field, I won't be able to achieve my dream: buying a house and having a family. Besides, I'm not really that good at what I do.
How do I increase my income?
Do I have to study a degree of a trade? Is the investment worth it?
What concerns me about starting over is that I'll be too old and inexperienced to enter the job hunt.
What to do? Do I just kill my self?
>>
One less progressive the better so yea
kys
>>
>>18358897
I want to study finance or start a business.
>>
>>18358900
lol maybe you shouldn't have majored in something retarded and put yourself in crippling debt
better luck next life
>>
>even the if I was the best...

Stoppped caring there.

You weren't the top, OP. You probably read a few pages of whatever your subject is a day and then spent 4 hours playing video games, watching television, and shit posting on 4chan.

You don't have a job because you thought you were the "exception" to those who don't try hard.

Should've just majored in engineering if you were that lazy. People like you are why the arts are shat on by STEM
>>
>>18358892
Give us a bit more info. What have you been doing in the 6 or 7 years since you graduated?
>>
>>18358907
>painstakingly getting a major in something that is going to be taken over by robots in like 10 years
You really came out on top
>>
>>18358914
what are you talking about? liberal arts jobs are a lot further from being automated than STEM ones.
>>
>>18358914
>robots will take the joooobs maaaaan xD

If anything, they'll take stem jobs first.
>>
>>18358907

But I have a job.

>>18358906
>>18358907

I know. I'm a retarded, stupid low life scum. What do I do now?
>>
>>18358912

I graduated 2.5 years ago. I've been working as a teacher in a private school, but the pay is not great, just enough to survive.
>>
>>18358958
In the US? I don't really know bc I'm British, teachers here have to do a master's in teaching and get paid (a bit) better. Maybe you should look into teaching abroad somewhere where it's more lucrative?
Also, 2.5 years graduated is not very long. Why would you expect to be earning lots with under three years' experience?
>>
>>18358965
Not the us.

But I want more. What I earn I won't be able to have enough for a family.
>>
>>18359007
What do you mean? Not in any country? That's just not true, do some research, there are plenty of places where teacher's wages are significantly higher than living costs.
>>
>>18358952
get a trade? If you feel ambitious, start a business. You've screwed yourself in terms of being immortalized, but perhaps you can make some bank
>>
>>18359022
I'm in third world country.
>>
I want to study finance.
>>
File: Carpenterfuckya.jpg (20KB, 268x208px) Image search: [Google]
Carpenterfuckya.jpg
20KB, 268x208px
>>18358892
> How do I increase my income?
>>
>>18359049
I'd lové to be a builder.
>>
>>18358892
Google "Rich people with liberal arts degrees"

STEM majors have good job/income prospects, but only in their specific fields.

Liberal Arts majors will at least be considered by almost all non-technical professions. The key is selling yourself not by your knowledge of history or literature but by the skills you picked up while studying - critical reading, research, writing, etc.
>>
>>18359255
Ok
>>
>>18358952
You're not retarded, people like that guy have some severe mental dysfunction. They're probably very bitter about life themselves, so they call other people and things that they didn't do themselves "retarded".

Seriously, what type of person does that? An intelligent, successful person doesn't talk like that. He's probably some low-brow technician who thinks he's smart because he knows MySQL when in fact, those are the lamest jobs of all.
>>
Judging from your replies you are autistic as fugg. Go study finance then if that's what you want you dolt. Fucking french frogs I swear
>>
File: 1496028869518.jpg (35KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496028869518.jpg
35KB, 600x400px
>>18359255
>Google "Rich people with liberal arts degrees"

lmao you'll get a lot more results if you look up "poor people with liberal arts degrees"

>>18358892
The best way to earn more income is to simply make yourself a more valuable person. Use your free time to gain valuable skills i.e programming, learning a language, etc. While doing this, get a degree that will land you a job (engineering, accounting, CS) or go to a trade school. After you land your job, use your income to start a side business in whatever you want or invest your money

If you're having trouble getting the wheels rolling, joining the military for 6 years is always a good step. Not sure how it works where you live though. You will gain experience in technical skills and they pay for plenty of things
>>
>>18359878
Why would he get a STEM degree? What's wrong with what he has?
>>
>>18359889
>What's wrong with what he has?

Because the wages are generally low, no matter what you look up. OP already said it isn't enough for his dream, which is a family. And he obviously isn't extremely passionate for his degree if he's already accepting that he's not good at it and wants change and he's asking if he should just kill himself. He's apparently teaching just to get by. Money seems to matter more to him, which a STEM degree can offer. Not even STEM, simply learning a trade or joining the military to gain skills.
>>
>>18358892
Are you a female
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.