[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get men to take you seriously?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (36KB, 376x292px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 376x292px
>woman in stem
>get good grades/actually work hard
>dress as average as possible to avoid attention
>still seen as object

I understand this is a larger issue, that many woman face (not just those in SYEM) but I think I'm just feeling overwhelmed being surrounded by 90% men.

I just want real friendships without them eventually trying to fuck me. If this a fruitless pursuit?
>>
>>18358608

Nah. I'm a guy and quite honestly I have platonic feelings for a couple of my female attractive friends. Sure they are physically attractive but overall just not my type/not much in common but I enjoy their company. So no it's not fruitless but human nature dictates that men will want to breed you so expect lots of unwanted male attention from the autistic faglords you surround yourself with you fucking Hermione Harry potter looking wand waving fuck

PS: I'm an alcoholic
>>
It's fruitless. Guys want to fuck girls. They are programmed to do so. Instead, learn to like being objectified, and turn it to your advantage.
>>
>>18358619
You're a rarity. Weirdly, most addicts I've met have a broader perspective on life and are usually in the position they are because of some trauma. But you should probably try and stop.

I'm a little autistic myself so most days are usually filled with awkward encounters... Sometimes I'll stop talking randomly. They usually think I'm a bitch, but I actually just have high anxiety and am afraid of being judged.
>>
>>18358638

>Trauma

I have it. Unresolved childhood stuff, etc. Life is bullshit and I hate living. I don't even know why I am going to pursue post grad when all I want to do is drink and blow my brains out 2bh
>>
>>18358623
I understand that it has advantages, and it's the way the world is...I'm just refusing to accept it. I don't want a job because I'm the female hire, I want to be the most qualified candidate. Im tired of teachers flirting with me. It's disgusting.

One time I fell and slid on concrete which ripped out a large surface area of skin from my hand so I had a giant bandaid on it. Professor tells me I "Should take antibiotics so I don't ruin my beautiful body."

It's not a big deal when it happens once, but all year it's just been relentless and being objectified just makes me feel like an empty shell.
>>
>>18358608
Fruitless pursuit? ....yes
>>
>>18358655
Life is hard. I've had depression/anxiety since I was young. Used to be 220 lbs (endocrine issues) starved myself now down to 140lb. Been on suicide watch, drug issues as a teenager, watched my mom become disabled in a car accident, etc. No fault of anything, just bad luck.

They put me on meds. I was on them for 3 months then said fuck it and took myself off everything cold turkey.

I think one of the largest issues is people taking power away from themselves. Get help. Get your post-grad. If the world is shitty and you hate it, make a better world.
>>
>>18358662
Whyyy
>>
>>18358656
That you have conscience and morals, and don't want to exploit the benefits others would give you is a good thing. However when it's not against someone else's interests, there is nothing bad about exploiting the opportunity.

Women objectify men too though. Once a guy reaches 30 he's pretty much a cash cow and a beast of burden for most women.
>>
>>18358665

Can't get help, I have tried but I have trouble opening up to people especially doctors and things.. I'm a pessimistic, cynical fuck. Sorry for your bullshit, sounds tough. How old are you now?
>>
It's not fruitless, but maybe you should focus on befriending more women for awhile, at least until you're away from these particular men who objectify you? Be straight forward that you're not interested, at all, who cares if they think you're a bitch. And if your teacher gets creepier, maybe tell him his "compliments" are unwelcome and you'd prefer comments on the quality of your work ethic, as that's what he's supposed to be doing.

Then start your own company and leave them in the dust or somethink, idk.
>>
If you want a real friendship, be blunt at the onset. The first time they make a move, say "It's nothing against you, but I'm never going to fuck you". A lot of women are too afraid of hurting someone's feelings to say this clearly, and a lot of men are desperate and hopeful so they'll turn any indrect "no" into a "maybe someday".

Pull that weed up by the root and maybe something else can grow. If you just cut off what's visible, it'll keep coming back.
>>
>>18358677
I definitely agree woman objectifiy men. The differences that hurt me are when I think I'm making a genuine friendship with a cool guy and he says "let's get drunk tonight" then when I politely decline because I need to be up early the following day he never talks to me again.

Guys thinking I'm hot or wanting to fuck me isn't what bothers me. It's that that's ALL they want. Most woman who get rejected romantically are usually still friendly after
>>
>>18358679
>>18358665

Do you have a throwaway? Want to talk about things?
>>
>>18358608
what do you study
and
are you hot

e.g, in math classes, the girls if exist typically look like Orges so some slightly doable girl would be a rare unicorn. (I still remember this beautiful Dutch blonde girl in my Measure theory class fall 2016 and her mastery of Lebesgue's dominated convergence theorem. It's amazing to watch)

>still seen as object
be specific, or I would just assume you are full of shit. Most guys I know in math for example are very kind and would treat you with much respect (let's be honest if some girl goes to my university and is doing math she deserves a medal, and she likely already had one)
>>
>>18358656
>I don't want a job because I'm the female hire
Well, with your quotas this is kinda going to be forced on you
>>
>>18358702
The vast majority of people are crap, and want to manipulate you for their own benefit, regardless of whether they are male or female. Welcome to adulthood. This is why you need to filter people, and only trust them if they are proven themselves to be trustworthy.
>>
>>18358679
Can't or won't? It's fine and healthy to have some amount of cynicism, but you'll never heal with a pessimistic outlook and unfortately that's on you to change. Most people don't change because it's hard. Cliche, but that's how you grow. That's why a lot of people are addicts/fat/unhealthy/etc. It's hard to be shit on by the world and say fuck it, I'm going to be better in spite of what is thrown at me.

Don't take the power away from yourself.

Early twenties
>>
File: 1495925294285.jpg (1MB, 2662x2662px) Image search: [Google]
1495925294285.jpg
1MB, 2662x2662px
>>18358705
Well, it's probably less that she's full of shit and this is just what she genuinely experiences--most guys have approached her and eventually only wanted to fuck her. Of course this might be out of line with reality; the guys who stay quiet and chill are probably the same ones that'd see her less of an object. I.e, your friends.

Op, you sure you can't make your appearance anymore lowkey? I know there's a certain point where it might get uncomfortable (like getting shorter hair), but there might be something more to do.

You remind me a bit of a girl that was in one of my old classes...blonde braid, slender bronde, adorable makeupless face. Always wore an oversized NASA sweater. Me? Still a huge work in progress next to her perfection.
The professor creeped on us both and we, sad as it sounds. And it wasn't even a STEM class full of guys (though she was a STEM student). Kinda goes to show that shit like that is sometimes unavoidable.
>>
>>18358723
scratch out sad as it sounds. Sometimes I forget my train of thought.
>>
>>18358703
New to actually posting on 4chan...throw away? Like throw away email? And no. Personal shit in my life I can deal with...or suppress by over achieving. I'm just looking for advice on how to be purely friendly with guys
>>
>>18358608
>A woman
>in science
STEM is still pretty male dominated. I'd say get used to it and push through while proving yourself along the way.

And very few men can have a platonic relationship with a woman. It's just not in our DNA.
>>
>>18358722

Can't. Tried already. I just struggle and freeze up and feel uncomfortable and say I'm not ready to talk. I don't disagree with you but "change" is easier said than done.

>>18358727

And yeah like a throwaway email.
I'm off so mine's [email protected]
>>
>>18358681
Thank you for the thoughtful reply. Unfortunately 50% of my profs have acted this way towards me...can't make them all hate me. And there's only 3 other girls in my program, in my year. 2 I never see, one hates me for unknown reasons. the reason I'm learning to befriend men is because I don't have a choice at this point
>>
>>18358699
Legit good advice anon. I'm just worried I'd end up with everyone hating me. Do you think most men would be too offended if I said that to talk to mr after?
>>
>>18358723
>The professor creeped on us both
Seriously? I have never met such professor.
Typically they are witty and polite, with a very distinct style in clothing and exposition. (e.g. this one guy dresses like a 16th century poet, it's hilarious). And girls flock to him. Actually he does spend a lot of time with this girl who kept following him, always by his side when he walks into our class. Too bad he doesn't show any mercy to her in exam lol ( during our exam she went up to him and asked him, it was a difficult functional analysis question, and she didn't seem to understand it, and his reply: "...well, think.")
>>
>>18358705
>Mech eng

According what I heard from two classmates as I walked by
>"7. Good body, average face"
>>
>>18358723
I guess I could. I enjoy feminity and not looking like a complete potato...especially after how hard losing weight was. I've actually lost female friends because I don't dress up and go out with them much anymore. Not good friends anyway I guess.

Can't have everything I want. I'm kind of settling into the concept that I'm not truly any certain "type" of person and will therefor never really have a "group"
>>
>>18358766
>>"7. Good body, average face"

Oh my, wife material right there :)
I mean did they talk to you after that?
They should open with "Hey miss 7, my name is..."

Are you in first year? engineers, ah. I see. Engineers.
Do you study Celestial mechanics or something like that? orbits of planets, central force laws, duality etc.?

Seriously, if some guy in your program understands duality of force laws, he could be the real male friend you are looking for. Just go to some cute guy and open with that, or Lagrangian mechanics. If he seems confused, it's likely he will try to get into your pants.
>>
>>18358787

Lolol kill me. The last thing I would do is date anyone in my program...that'd just be a shitstorm in the making.

Yes first year. Statics, dynamics, fluid mechanics, ecet physics...the usual stuff. Next to no work with orbitals.

Its kind of ridiculous, most of the smart men are uncomfortable with me, or assume I'm dumb until they hear my gpa. I'm thinking things will just get better in the following years as people mature
>>
File: squirrel.gif (1MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
squirrel.gif
1MB, 500x400px
>>18358761
There's a lot of subtle cues like the nonstop staring, body-scans, or calling on us almost exclusively.
I think the worst time was when he forced me and her to sit with him at the front of class. Now THAT was what got people talking...
>no mercy
Good to know that the professor has some semblance of integrity, it's hilarious that he shot her down.
Oh, and fun fact: there's another boy in class that creeps on me (I've gotten a lot more attractive lately because of weight loss). A few nights back a dude left the next door apartment post-midnight, stopped and waved and returned to his apartment...he was literally the same dude from class and I never knew he actually lived next to me.
Hot or not, he's still a creep. He's actually the first guy ever who has been so aggressive with me...10000 students, and somehow he lives next to me. Crazy as fuck coincidence. Also terrifying.
>>18358784
Damn you sound a lot like me.
No reason why you can't have a feminine "mask" you wear when you go out (feeling attractive, even temporarily, is a good ego boost) but I can't patronize you for not wanting to go out to begin with. All of my dormmates idea of fun outta school relates to dressing up and it's just so silly. Maybe it's just the normal thing to do?

Nonetheless, you should probably keep more of a open mind. The clique/group thing was more of a thing back in high school and rarely are the people who hang out all that much similar to one another. Finding a good group to chill with isn't the same as being a certain type of person. And, yeah, there's probably girls around who know how to have fun aside from going out/dressing up.
>>
>>18358880
>he forced me and her to sit with him at the front of class
professor can do that? are you in some special school?

>there's another boy in class that creeps on me (I've gotten a lot more attractive lately because of weight loss)
congrats on the weight loss (what is your weight now? before?)
And how is he creeping on you, he's just being friendly. You should just go talk to him, maybe wear something skimpy. Let him squeeze your tits a little bit.
>>
>>18358608
>i just want frienship, not fucks. is this a fruitless pursuit
yes. you have a wet hole between your legs. men like wet holes, it feels good to stick things in wet holes. even faggots can agree, they lube themselves up to simulate wet holes. to the men you are around, unless you offer something exceptional, something that no other man in your field can offer (that isnt a wet hole), you will just be another wet hole to them. you need to either be a savant in your field, or have a tonne of relevant talking points to offer if you want to get beyond just being a wet hole.
>dont want to stand out
you are a woman in a 90% male dominated field, of course you are going to stand out. same goes for male teachers, they stand out no matter what they do.
>>
>>18358909
>randomly squeeze my tits
>it's a prank, bro!
I laughed.

My weight's currently 156 (used to be 190 for most of my life) at 5"6 so, yeah, I'm still chubby as fuck. It's just well-distributed, though some problem spots tell me I need to lose more.

The class itself is more discussion-based so sometimes the professor sits closer to us.
>>
>>18358753
As long as your tone isn't ghetto ridiculous, people worth knowing won't hate you for making it clear where you stand.
>>
Hmm, one of my female friends actually succeded in having platonic male friends. All she had to do is to be highly intelligently ironic. If she found anyone getting jerky she could put him off with responses that required a lot of reasoning. If a guy didn't even notice the viciousness, that's good, one may simply never talk to him anymore. If he did - either he did understand and responded/changed/etc, he gained respect, or he couldn't get to the real meaning which induced further sarcasm and eventual dismissal. GL, Anon
>>
Have you ever tried wingmanning for them?

No you haven't, because you're not a real friend. Have fun getting hit on.
>>
i used to have a lot of guy friends who did take me seriously, and we were really good friends as i never got along with girls much, but one by one ended up having feelings for me.. it sucks. and also being surrounded by guys in class, they do randomly grab your tits, they make it a fucking game. you're never going to be taken seriously. just stay in the back as much as possible, talk to no one and do your job. that's how i get through it... and teachers, outsmart them. i had one pervert teacher and i just kept correcting him, and told him to do his job properly first when he asked me to do shit i didn't want. just whatever you do, the moment they get too close, don't be nice, and stay distant. make them think you're a fucking weirdo if needed... (i also just stay home from school whenever i can)
>>
>>18358656
>Professor tells me I "Should take antibiotics so I don't ruin my beautiful body."

Pretty sure you could report him to the department head.

One thing you need to remember is that male engineering students probably doesn't see that many women, especially attractive women. I graduated EE and the only time I really saw women was during my electives/gen eds. On the rare occasion, there was a woman in class, I was generally attracted to her (too autistic to say anything though). Part of it is college students are dumb horny idiots.

Now years after graduation I will say I would have no problem hiring a female engineer (never had one apply). I honestly only look at the qualifications of the people I'm hiring.

If you really want to be more than just a female hire, Try to do something to really set yourself apart and ahead of the guys. If you have Capstone projects do something really impressive. If you can find some kind of internship as long as it's not "______'s women's internship". Try to help a professor out with their research so you can get your name on a published paper. Basically, show people you are just as good or better than the guys in your class. You may still have to deal with some classmates wanting to bang you, but once you graduate priorities will shift. Especially when you get into an office where a lot of guys will be married

>>18358830
LOL just remember they are still basically some dumb horny high schoolers give them a few years.
>>
>>18359468
I would if they invited me out drinking! But they don't soooo
>>
>>18358699

Best advice in thread.

If you turn anyone off, they wanted to fuck you and can't cope - ignore the drama and self-righteous lies they splutter - you're better off.

Good guys won't care / will get over it.

Men are terrible with hints; be blunt - communicate.
>>
>>18358830
>most of the smart men are uncomfortable with me, or assume I'm dumb until they hear my gpa

No they are not :) if they assume you're dumb it's likely what you did, GPA is irrelevant.

Do you want to be treated like you are special or do you want to be treated like a normal student. It's nice to feel wanted I know, but I don't believe guys in STEM are that thirsty like you described.
For perspective, I'm a math major (posted above) and I have taken some engineering courses last semester for shits and giggles (meme courses like Machine learning and computer vision), virtually all guys I met are the typical stoic well mannered archetype. Some has gf sitting with them in classes.
I mean if you try to surround yourself with single guys I suppose what you describe would happen with one or two of them out of ten. The eight other guys wouldn't have any sexual interest in you unless you hit on them.
>>
>>18358927
Ya nasty. I thought the whole point of being human is to transcend our animalistic urges? To an extent anyway.

>>18359851
I could report him, but weirdly I feel bad for him. He's a new prof (was his first semester teaching) and he tries really hard I think he was just uncomfortable then acted autistic. I say stupid things too, so if it's a one off I just let it go.

But they must see other women. Like they go out, they drink, lots of them have girlfriends. Sometimes I want to scream at them "I'm not a freak!" A lot of the time actually, but I know that'd just terrify them. Or would it?

Thanks anon, I'll try. You obviously know how tiring school can be, and sometimes having to constantly prove your worth on top of it all just gets overwhelmingly exhausting.

I'm actually really strong at calculus and would like to volunteer peer as a tutor. I'd love to assist a prof with their research. I have so much respect for them. Hopefully I'll get that opportunity one day
>>
>>18359552
Girl. Don't let them grab your tits! I put up with a lot of shit but if one of them touched me like that I'd smack him
>>
the thing is

all those females who i was friendly with, used their feminity while interacting and so i saw the chick first and the friend second

its your fault, 99% of the time

you cant have your bonus attention points AND taken seriously at the same time
>>
>>18360335
I mean, I can only speak based off my experience. You could be right, maybe it was something I did or do. I'm not sure.

A little special treatment is nice, obviously, but I don't want to be given anything I haven't worked for.

Also, just to be clear I'm not saying ALL stem men are like this. It just has happened that a lot of the ones I have gotten close to express interest in me. Only ones that haven't are dads...

You also need to understand that being the only woman surrounded by like 30 men is intimidating in itself. If one or two guys hit on me, or make comments it will stand out in my mind over the 28 who didn't.

I'm going to be a little bit more sensitive than I would in a room of 50/50 split where the attention would be divided.
>>
Boi am I glad I really stopped caring what people think of me. never been happier. just scream rape any time a guy tries to fuck you.
>>
>>18360373
I would give up any "bonus attention" to be treated normally in a heartbeat.

I understand it's how 95% of people are, it just makes me sad they can't see me how I see them. Just a person
>>
>>18360387
Booii. What's your secret to not giving a fuck?
>>
>>18360389
tell me honestly how many times you tried acting like a dude instead of being girlish

do you really wana give it up
do you have any idea how lonely you can get if you drop your advantage?
no calls, no invitations, nobody asks how are you, you actually have something to offer (other than your looks) if you are a guy to get friends

some tried, this one became depressed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norah_Vincent
>>
But to reel this all back in...

Anyone have input on how to just be friendly with guys? Experience with female friends and what went wrong/right?
>>
File: witcher approves.png (927KB, 638x718px) Image search: [Google]
witcher approves.png
927KB, 638x718px
>>18360380
>I'm going to be a little bit more sensitive than I would in a room of 50/50 split where the attention would be divided.

oh well whatever the case is, don't let it affect your study.

(a) Think of it like a game of shooting off any guy who wants to fuck you, see how it will turn out in the next 5 years.

(b) Or maybe, find a bf. Some cute guy in your class. I mean 30 men there should be one that catches your eyes. Let the men know you are taken. Problem solved.

(c) Or let the men know you have a huge crush on one of them. These guys all have fragile ego, and they don't like to share. If they see you are into some other guy, they wouldn't want you more than a friend, trust me. Now if the guy you picked isn't attracted to you, congrats, now you have all friends, zero bf. Problem solved.

God, I like solving tractable problems.
>>
>>18360401

I'm an outdoorsy type. I don't do anything to enhance my looks...but I look like a woman because I am one.

Dude, I was an obese chick from 10-17...I know what being alone and no one inviting you anywhere is like. That's why I'm mildly autistic and on 4chan.

A large portion of why I fell in love why sciences and became mechanically inclined was from spending so much time alone
>>
>>18358656
Okay, listen. I get completely where you're coming from (attractive, intelligent 32-year-old female here, and I'm in STEM as well [roast me for saying it if you want]), but there's something very important here that you're missing.

This kind of shit will happen to you AT LEAST until you're 40, 50ish if you age well. So the best and smartest thing you can do is realize that the objectification you're experiencing has another side to it, of being talked down to/ignored/passed over for legit promotions, etc. There is nothing you can do to stop this as an individual woman. So literally the BEST thing you can do is use the years during which you will be attractive to advance your career as much as possible. Because the downside of objectification is that it can close as many doors as it can open.

Obviously don't fuck anyone, or lead anyone to believe that you will. In fact, learning to use a firm Mommy-ish "NO" is one of the most important things you can do. But learning to use your natural charm to your advantage is like society's way of letting you balance out all the men who will assume you're retarded/inept simply because they want to boink you.

Also, don't underestimate the power of humor to deflect otherwise uncomfortable situations. Ask them how the weather is in 1950, jokingly remind them of their wife/girlfriend, say "What would the Dean think," etc. Just do it all with a smile to let them know you're not ACTUALLY mad, and it will all blow over easier than you think. Guys actually LIKE being called out on being inappropriate, it's kind of strange once you realize it. They're like puppies; they'll shit on the floor for while, but when it comes right down it they NEED those boundaries. And they're looking to you to set them.
>>
>>18360421
>oh well whatever the case is, don't let it affect your study.

Point made. Simple but needed reminder.
>>
>>18360421
(b) and (c) are horrible options. I know it's counterintuitive, but it's actually a really, REALLY bad idea to allow one of the men within the group to date you. They'll discount you immediately, and defer to him, in any situation in which the two of you are present. It gives him a leg up, and removes your subtle social standing of being an unattached female. Not a desirable outcome in the least.
>>
>>18360403
Just have clear boundaries. A clear unambiguous no goes leagues.

I'm platonic friends with 3 women who are also majoring in STEM. For the most part all of them are also respected, because they're competent at their work. One of them admittedly stepped back because she had a baby with her husband, but the other two are in my thermodynamics course and to the best of my knowledge no one really discounts them because they have a vagina.
>>
>>18360444
Ahhh. You're the big sister I never got. Is this a trap? Happy to hear you found of way of dealing with it that worked for you. I don't have anything against it, I just know it wouldn't work for me.

Your last paragraph was very interesting though. I think that is something I'll actually use. I've considered it, but never been ballsy enough to try it before. I really appreciate getting the perspective of a woman who's been through it
>>
>>18360444
As a man I kind of want to be angry at this, and advise you to be the person an equal world today would warrant, but this is (sadly) almost certainly an excellent point
>>
>>18360450
if he dates her, it's the usual relationship with a circle of guy friends. She will have to deal with this eventually, or be a cat lady.
>removes your subtle social standing of being an unattached female
lol

Also, even if she likes him, there's no guarantee that he'd date her. But all other guys won't hit on her anymore. Real life is like that.
>>
>>18360481
Ha, I get your skepticism, but no, I'm (un?)fortunately totally real. I also get where you're coming from with thinking it would never work for you - it took me until around 27-28 to get really comfortable with using it without feeling like I was giving my power away, or crossing lines I wasn't comfortable with. It may take you an equally long time. But once you realize that the power of your sexuality is enormous - WHETHER YOU WANT IT TO BE OR NOT - it becomes a matter of professional and personal necessity to learn to tame it. Like a caveman conquering fire, if you don't control it, it will almost certainly burn you eventually.

Maybe just keep it under your hat until you get to the point where the idea of using it doesn't seem so repulsive/anathema to you. Because for me, after a certain point, I couldn't put up with any more men touching my hand in that knowing/gross way and NOT have anything to counter it with. That feeling of powerlessness just got SO OLD, I became determined to understand it and turn it to my advantage as much as I could. Nothing more than a blowfish learning to spike out.

>>18360489
Yeah, I get that. It's not something I ever wanted to do. It just became very clear after a certain point that it was eat or be eaten. And if I couldn't change the rules of a game that started long before I was born, I could at least make sure I didn't get left behind in the competition for the top slots based on something as stupid as being born female. The world is never going to be fair, those of us who can just do our best to even out the scales for ourselves.

All honestly - my real hope is that after enough women learn to play the game well enough, the path will be better-trod for those who come later, so they won't have to play by these same dumbass rules. Certainly don't want any theoretical future daughters I have to do this the same way I did.
>>
>>18360519
Yeah, behind every cynic is a disappointed idealist, etc.
I will put this in my advice toolkit though, thanks
>>
>>18360530
Pretty much! Sad, isn't it. But truth

Regardless, if you take away nothing else - the humor is something you can implement right away. It's the biggest tip I wish I could give to younger women across the board. There's zero reason to take any shit if you can turn it into a joke - and you can ALWAYS turn it into a joke.

Side note, but important - if you make it funny enough that the whole group laughs, other men will back you up. It changes the whole dynamic, you'll see a huge decrease in this kind of behavior almost instantly.
>>
>>18358702

>that's ALL they want

because that's all you offer. get a personality.
>>
File: 1495777619307 (1).webm (3MB, 1916x796px) Image search: [Google]
1495777619307 (1).webm
3MB, 1916x796px
>>18358608
All you have to do is tell them that you are a lesbian 100% lesbian

This is the secret
I'm a guy I would know
>>
>I just want real friendships without them eventually trying to fuck me. If this a fruitless pursuit?

Yes and STEM has nothing to do with it. Platonic male/female friends are definitely possible but there will always be some men who look for something more.

(Also wtf is with calling it "STEM"? STEM is a bs umbrella term, not a real discipline. Biology/Psychology have tons of women, Chemistry/Math less so).
>>
Male MSEE, married, have a wonderful daughter. I'm completely platonic friends with a fairly attractive girl who is mutual friends with my wife. This was mostly possible be cause of two reasons, one being obvious (I love my wife). But also I've seen her (our friend) naked and it's not pretty, poor thing is the opposite of butterface. Between that and the fact I respect her and appreciate her as a friend, with zero interest from either party, makes friendship possible. Thought never even crosses my mind, doing anything with her. A man can only reach his true potential when he stops seeking pussy in my experience
>>
>>18358745
join a club and/or meet people outside your major. the trend im noticing here is exclusively befriending engineers. Also maybe get a girl/boyfriend, and meet people through him to clear up any atmosphere of datingng you couls be giving off.
>>
File: 1448594577847.jpg (38KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1448594577847.jpg
38KB, 500x379px
>>18358608

You'll never earn my respect, filthy woooMon

we all know you're just doing it to get with a guy that can pay the mortgage
>>
>>18358608
The simple truth is that they won't, and you can either let that keep you down or use it to your advantage.

I'm 5'2 and called cute by god damn near everyone even though I'm 30. In high school I was faced with this reality that it would pretty much last a lifetime and had to decide whether to remain optimistic or fall to pessimism.

Optimism is the harder road but it pays off. There are a lot of great, real people out there, but it will be up to you to approach them. There are going to be some incredible opportunities handed to you because you are a woman, so it will be up to you to be skilled enough to not fail. And, in time, your looks will fade and you will get ugly and old.

Enjoy this youth and these opportunities now so you can live a fulfilling life even when the compliments begin to die off. Don't let these people kill your spirit. It's a hard road but well worth it if you're strong enough to push through.

And that's just it - being strong enough.
>>
>>18362924
so you don't like turning guys head?
said no girl ever
lol
>>
>>18358608
Working women face this type of treatment no matter what. I am a nurse and male doctors are always flirty, it's just how men are. Women are always going to be treated differently than men, this is because we are not men! This will never change unless you wake up as a man some day. It's something all attractive women deal with in all sorts of jobs not just STEM. There's not much you can do but accept it.
>>
>>18358608
wear a hijab
you dont have to go full terrorist, just a sky blue scarf over your hair
>>
Continue to be an oblivious self absorbed feminazi blaming all of her problems on the fact that she's just too hot and fuckable and ALLLLLLL the men just want her, that'll repel them all away in a jiffy.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.