[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for a Robot in UNI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: jaded.png (200KB, 1206x674px) Image search: [Google]
jaded.png
200KB, 1206x674px
20 y/o, at university no friends, robot in recovery. Been watching jordan peterson vids, reading some TRP on leddit gave up on self help books a while back bunch of bs those were.

Pic related hit me in the feels.

Any advice for someone with no social skill nor self esteem. Literally anything that helped you is appreciated.
>>
http://www.nlpinfocentre.com/nlpebooks/NLP%20-%20Pilinski,%20Michael%20-%20Without%20Embarrassment-%20The%20Social%20Coward%27s%20Totally%20Fearless%20Seduction%20System%20(b).pdf
>>
Hi, I'm>>18358382
I'd say work on your self-esteem first, then on your fears and shame, with a therapist or with some books. Then (or at the same time)connect with your emotions (listen to them, put a name on them, try to know where do they come from...) That will make you able to read emotions on others (i.e. empathy). Having worked on all of this, you will know know that people are by default midly nice with you. This will make you able to get friends. The book I posted is basically a mix between a seduction book and a self_help book and seem to be aimed at people like you...
>>
>>18358373
A classic way to connect with people, besides empathy, is to have interests or hobbies in common.
>>
>Jordan Peterson
>>
>>18358373
Same position, OP. What are those things you mentioned in the beginning? I've been looking to become less awkward
>>
File: lostinlife.png (290KB, 1280x1285px) Image search: [Google]
lostinlife.png
290KB, 1280x1285px
>got qt gf at 13
>broke up a few months after
>handholdless and kissless since then (20 y/o)

No but jokes aside, don't let these pics get to you anon. They're just made to make spergs like you and me feel bad about themselves. Just keep looking forward and you'll get somewhere, don't compare yourself to other people.
>>
>>18358431
look up jordan peterson on youtube
>>
>>18358435
It's hard not to compare when we are genetically wired to a dominance hierarchy.
>>
>>18358422
Did this book do anything for you?
>>
>>18358463
Havent finished it, And I had done all the work I mentioned previously, but the shame part was quite spot on, and the seduction system seems almost manipulation free, which I appreciate.
>>
I'm >>18358488
The book that helped me the most was this one : https://www.amazon.com/Imparfaits-Libres-Heureux-Pratiques-LEstime/dp/2738122299/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1495998217&sr=1-6&keywords=christophe+andre
For those who are not french fags, I'd recommend the same kind of book. This focused on improving your self-esteem by accepting your flaws.
>>
>I am 25
>she 15
>feelsgoodman.jpg
Age gap is normal in Europe and South America, start a new life here.
>>
>>18358687
sorry Im not a pedophile
>>
>>18358373
Before I read the thread or keep scrolling I'm a few years older than you and considering dropping out.
I like to think that living in current year america gives us a hundred ways to "make it", but the question is will we even be happier than someone working minimum wage who has normal social relations?
Your pic goes up to 30, maybe that's the deadline for sudoku
>>
I would be careful with TRP. It's dangerous for anything other than supplemental reading

(t. Recovering from TRP)

A couple thoughts

1) 20 is still very very young. You are mentally still a child. Your brain won't be capable of quality decisions for another 5 years or so anyway so while everyone else is out loving and being loved, do you know what you are actually missing out on? STIs, Regretted children, and divorces that take your self-respect and your capital.

2) Get. Therapy. Tell no one you are getting it, but get some help. Most people need it. You certainly do. Get the cash together and pay for it at least once a month. Go without food if you need to. Do this until you feel like you can actually be happy alone for the rest of your life (and healthy people do actually feel this way). Then reconsider dating.

This sounds really shitty, but the majority of people (if they were truly honest with themselves) regret the majority of romantic experiences they have before 30.
>>
>>18359531
What kind of therapy
>>
>>18359564
Literally find a shrink. If you go to church a senior pastor may do it for free. Otherwise any licensed counselor should do. Literally explain everything you said here and say you need help dealing with the anxiety and depression. They may refer you to an MD for a scrip or have you come back regularly to talk.

Typical session is talking about feels and panics and ends with assignments like taking up hobbies or resolving certain issues. It's like a buddy to help you through the hard stuff except he's legally obligated to keep his trap shut.
>>
>>18359531
>You are mentally still a child.
Other 20yos are mentally still children, yet its normal for them to fuck
So you're saying to him to starve to death just to pay for a scam? Therapists can't connect with virgins and losers because most live successful lives and can't give advice better or less cliche than what you're giving anon now.
>>
>>18359564
What I mean with be careful with TRP is that in general their ideas about women are quite wrong. Just like there are different types of men, there are different types of women. TRP classic literally creates the type of women they believe to exist.

Generally, I would take the grand overview (better yourself and women will come) and leave the game playing behind. If you are truly happy with yourself, women become people instead of solutions and ways to stave off the darkness. People are much easier to connect with and be lovd by than objects.
>>
>>18359629
>church a senior pastor may do it for free
>Drinking "LET JEBUS IN YOU" kool aid

Shrinks cannot help robots to understand social cues and seduce women, and thats the only thing that will permamently improve their psychological condition.
>>
>>18359634
I'm not saying it's abnormal for 20yo to fuck. I'm saying he is lucky for being abnormally unfucked/uncucked and should take advantage of it.

And OP's post seemed depressed in general. Your sweeping generalization is idiotic because a majority of middle aged people are currently or have struggled with depression at some point.

It may be cliche advice but as an ancientfag, I really wish I had had it in my 20s.
>>
>>18359638
The problem is that imrpoving yourself gdoesn't give you a higher chance of a woman liking you, and you can't disprove that there's game involved.

The proof lies in the massive amount of stories on 4chan and leddit about various ultrashy losers with shitty or no jobs who frequently manage to seduce girls on tinder and get girls to crush on them IRL. Do they need to slef improve too?
>>
>>18359646
Women are a drug like any other when you are only using them to get sex. I'm not interested in helping someone score. I'm interested in helping OP feel like he doesn't need to, because

A) He actually can survive without sex and be happier for it

And B) Women (esp quality ones) are far more attracted to men who aren't begging for scraps. If you can take or leave sex - it's on them to catch your attention.

It's not TRP Classic but it is far more effective at attracting quality mates.
>>
>>18359657
Fine, if you want to fuck random bimbos go right ahead. I don't think OP wants to get laid. I think OP wants to be happy and in a healthy relationship which he will ultimately fuck up if he is as unhealthy as he seems from his post. But maybe I'm wrong. OP can decide for himself what advice to take.
>>
>>18359650
Being undesired by women is nothing to take advantage of. Breakups and cucking contrary to your opinion, aren't more painful than being unloved.

The problem is that their depression comes from things normal people(shrinks) can relate to, i.e, breakups, arguments with GF/wife, trouble with kids, stress at work, not with being an adult virgin. As such the causes of the depression in normies have a clear cut solution while anon's doesn't, hence shrinks are useless for him.
>>
>>18359676
Virgin at 20 is not being an "adult virgin" lol. 20 is fairly normal and becoming moreso with this newest generation showing to be far more conservative than the last two, statistically speaking. I have two clients with first visits nearly identical to OP.

Once they stopped comparing themselves to contemporaries and funneling energy into work, their professional successes tended to increase confidence, stamina and self-esteem without women being a factor. One is getting engaged this week after a year of therapy and the other realized he is happier alone and casually hooking up with girls he meets who seem similarly inclined. It's not shit. And sex is literally not all it's cracked up to be.
>>
>>18358373

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I could just give up on women man, it's a shit game and totally rigged against people like you and me. Just focus on school and making money.

Maybe a cope, but working a ton of overtime and stashing away cash is the only thing that keeps me going.
>>
>>18358373
Speaking of uni, anybody know how hard Biology is? I have an interest in it, but am not sure if I'll actually be able to keep up, having little prior knowledge. I turned 20 earlier this month and I want to study something before I become a wagecuck for the rest of my life. I was thinking about majoring in Biology and minoring in Creative Writing, because I also have a passion there. I did a year of general business papers during my first year out of high school and that wasn't for me, I then did a half-year traveling Europe because being an NZfag I haven't spent much time there before. Now I'm ready to study, do I do it /adv/?
Like the image implies, I'm currently NEET and living at home.
>>
>>18359744
https://youtu.be/Zr5qzV-8Zkc
>>
File: 1495765612207.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495765612207.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>18359753
Well, probably not that hard compared to the hard sciences and engineering. You also need to consider that a degree in biology may not even land you a job. Maybe become a tech in a lab. If you have a passion you can teach at a high school or phd level.
>>
>>18359758
Depressing as fuck. Literally my life except I live out of my POS accord.
>>18359650
I sure don't feel lucky for being a virgin, but its not even that. Everyone around me is making friends and having fun. Im just on the outside looking in. Its like everyone is playing the game of life and Im just watching.
>>18359676
Still trying to get more on a shrink Im not about to just confess being a fucking loser to someone and expect anything to happen.
>>
>>18358373
>Any advice for someone with no social skill nor self esteem
Self-esteem is literally all in your head. Stop thinking negatively about yourself, instead tell yourself that you're fucking awesome and after a while it'll stick and you'll never worry about it again.

Social skills are similar, the meat and potatoes of social skills involves giving a good impression and not saying anything to piss people off. #1 thing is to not do anything weird when you first meet people. Think like a normie and only talk about normie shit like Game of Thrones or sports. Once people get used to you they'll give you a lot more leeway for being a socially inept nerd.

#2 thing is not pissing people off. Avoid talking about politics or anything people disagree about a lot, and if it does come up you need to say only the blandest, most generic statements that will be taken positively. e.g.
>normie: I HATE ALL THOSE FUCKING NIGGERS, WISH WE COULD LYNCH THEM!!!
>You: Haha, they sure do get on my nerves sometimes!
The point of this is so you can trick people into believing that you agree with them without actually committing to an opinion yourself. You don't want to lie to people because they might not like what you say, but if you say something really generic they're going to interpret what you said in a way that they approve of (provided you've followed tip #1 and haven't outed yourself as a freak).

There are a lot of little details in social skills, but again, the biggest things are #1 act like a normie and #2 don't say anything someone might not like.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.