[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your parents like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: s-l200(4).jpg (6KB, 200x165px) Image search: [Google]
s-l200(4).jpg
6KB, 200x165px
I really want to know. Were they abusive in any way while you were growing up?
>>
>>18357682
They were fantastic and I appreciate them a lot
>>
>>18357682
Absent father who I saw once or twice a year, never did a damn parenting thing, I won't say I hate him (I don't) but I don't love him either, he's basically a stranger who gave me life but that's it, not even a fucking father joke.

My mom tried her best and I love her, however she placed more importance in her career than educating me, something that I honestly think is the best she could've done for herself and I would hate it if she had given up her dreams for me.
>>
>>18357682
I lived alone with my father as a kid, states away from any other family. My mother was a junkie and didn't give a shit, one less ass to wipe and one less mouth to feed. My father was an abusive alcoholic with diagnosed agoraphobia and generalized panic disorder. He also had a history of abuse and violence towards his mother and girlfriends. I suspected a little more was floating around in his head, but he was a very paranoid man and refused/weaseled his way out of psychological evaluation whenever it came up. He binge drank to "feel normal". I guess his version of normal was beating the dog shit out of me for reminding him of my mother and forcing me to sleep in his bed each night, woke up to him masterbating next to me enough times to royally fuck up my gourd. Ran away when I was 15, was placed in foster care, 22 now with my own apartment, I don't talk to any of my blood relatives.
>>
>>18357699
That's fucked up man, I'm sorry.
>>
>>18357682
Overprotective, so now I'm a socially stunted 28 year old. They gave me freedom pretty late but by then I was accustomed to my figurative cell.
>>
My dad worked at a high security prison and was always extremely stress out and angry. Everytime he'd get home, he and my mom would get in a big argument to the point where I really thought they were going to get a divorce growing up but they surprisingly didn't. Pretty much I'd just go play on the NES or Sega for a few hours and close the door when he came home or you don't hear yelling for 10 minutes. He didn't really get along with my brother well so I kind of decided that if they did get a divorce, I'd go with him so his life doesn't go to complete shit. Whenever he wasn't angry, he'd often go play catch, go golfing, or go fishing with me. He taught me how to fight and was overall a good father despite how much his job affect his personal life. I don't really blame him for anything.

My mom was always argumentative. She'd also blame my dad for her not being able to get the types of jobs she wanted like being an actual school teacher though I think she was just blaming him over something that really wasn't anyone's fault. We kind of learned how to take care of ourselves really early by being able to cook, do laundry, clean the house, and other various stuff by the age of 6 or 7. I'm think it's because she was lazy. She was much stricter with me than my brother because he was being bullied constantly and I guess she needed someone to punish. I don't dislike her but I don't have any real great love for her. She was always just kind of there.

Overall it was okay. Since there was a lot of anger at home, I'd just leave early in the morning and come back before sunset. I was a latchkey kid and lived in a small town so it was pretty safe besides bears and mountain lions. Wasn't abused or anything but there was never really any love. Probably explains why affection always feels so weird to me. Especially hugs for some reason. Could have been better but could have been a lot worse. 7/10
>>
>>18357729
same except im still young
>>
They were very nice. When I became a teenager they started getting concerned about me being such a loner. One time dad sat me down and said "You can't just play video games forever"

But then they seperated. Ever since then they've both depended on me a lot. When you have one (1) person willing to eat dinner with you you stop bugging them so much as well.

Is it weird that i'm really glad they seperated? They've been so nice to me since.
>>
>>18357682
dad was only around on the weekends and mom spent all day watching TV, pretty much cooked for myself since I was 10 .
>>
>>18357682
My parents had me and my twin brother (unidenticle) on accident basically. They got married and even had another kid later on, but they started to argue a whole lot amd sort of despise each other. Mostly because my mom was synical and my dad was lazy. But most of the arguing came from my mom. However things never got physical and they were responsible enough to raise us before they split up, and I am extremely grateful for that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.