[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you ever carry around a knife? Why or why not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: knife.jpg (224KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
knife.jpg
224KB, 1008x756px
Would you ever carry around a knife? Why or why not?
>>
>>18356898
only if it's on a multitool. knives are extremely deadly even with one quick jab.
>>
>Why
They're useful aside from self defense
>Why not
Shopping for the best one. And I want a little 2 inch one to hide in little pockets I sew at my cuffs for whatever my nails can't do.
>>
>>18356898
Yeah, it's great.

Pros:
>can open any package/container
>can cut things that need cutting
>can sharpen pencils
>is generally very useful

Cons:
>might forget to leave it behind going through airport security
>occasional flipouts from urban numales who will be like "WHOA WHY DO YOU NEED A KNIFE" when you whip it out to use it for something that you need a knife for.
>>
>>18356898
I do. It's a good tool that I need every day in my life/ job. Also it makes me feel safer walking alone at night even though I know I couldn't do jack shit with it most likely if I were to get attacked or something.
>>
Assuming you mean for protection, no. The range of what is considered self defence under the law is very narrow, and you never know what a knife is going to do. It's just not worth the risk.
>>
File: griptillian.jpg (67KB, 800x641px) Image search: [Google]
griptillian.jpg
67KB, 800x641px
who else /benchmade/ here?
>>
>>18356898
I carry a swiss army knife with me.

I have no fears of getting robbed or anything but its absolutely useful to have even as an office drone
>>
>>18356911
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a3a_1495827142
that's all you have to do. one stab to the abdomen.
>>
>>18356898
No. I live in Texas and carry a gun.
>>
>>18356898
exactly this >>18356933. I live in an area where everyone conceal carries illegally, so pulling out a knife in an altercation is pretty fucking stupid. That being said, I carry one because it's a good tool to have on hand for what I do for work
>>
I live in the Alps, there's literally nothing here of danger. I have an axe though, to cut down trees.
>>
>>18356914
fucck ya nigga benchmade master race. Best knives eva nigga. I have the exact same that you are showing in the picture and then I have the benchmade ats-34. I love the size of my 34
>>
>>18356898
>Would you ever carry around a knife?
Maybe if I lived in the woods or in a war zone or after surviving the apocalypse. Since I live in a city of a first world country there is absolutely no excuse to carry one and look like an edgy kid.
>>
No. Domestic assault on my record makes it illegal for me to have one. I'm not messing with that shit.
>>
>>18356898

Yes
To cut things
>>
I carry around one all the time. To school, to work, even social events. You never know you when you need it until you need it. And for those asshats who mention that scissors are better ask them if they more willing to carry scissors in their pockets that leave a penis imprint versus a slim knife especially if it's in the same pocket as your phone.

It has multiple uses if you are creative. Just don't get a cheap one. Get a quality one. $30 and up. You pay for the steel and material not just the brand, warranty, and service.
>>
I'm one of those weird people who collects knives. I have all sorts of them. I just think they're cool. I sharpen knives as a side job.
>>
>>18356898
Carrying one around most of the time. It's a supremely useful tool. Not for self defence.
>>
>>18356898
no bc I'm neither autistic nor ali baba
>>
>>18356898

No, unless I actually needed it as a tool - camping or such, not a weapon.

The law in my country does not believe in weapons for defence purposes, so to speak.
Legally, we can use everyday carry items for defence, such as umbrellas, coins, watches as brass knuckles, keys, however, an item specifically to be used for defence is illegal.

Furthermore, I'd prefer not to end up stabbed with my own knife if shit ever did hit the fan, or have to deal with the consequences of using one.

From a legal standpoint, it's better in my country to improvise.

Fun fact, I once bluffed my way out of being mugged by some chavlings by making a fist in my pocket so they thought I was grabbing a knife. I tried to look like I didn't want them to notice, but really I did and it worked well.
>>
>>18356914
>>18357079
Agreed, got myself a griptillian too. Something's fucked up with yours though - half the blade is chewed to shit.

(Just fucking around, I have no need for serrations, but if it works for you then it works)
>>
>>18356898
Well I deliver pizzas and sometimes at around 12 am I go into the ghetto side of our area other than that I have no use to carry one outside of in my car
>>
>>18356898

I'm carrying around a swiss army knife, only as a tool. It's really practical and handy.

Wouldn't recommend carrying one a a weapon and I don't consider my knife to be one either. I mean, in the case of an emergency I'd have to search for the thing in my bag and then open it. In that timeframe I can easily run away.
>>
>>18356898
I would walk home from college parties and didn't live in the best part so I carried it for protecting. Due to me being drunk I would end up cutting myself by accident various times so I decided I probably shouldn't carry it when I'm smashed. I still think it's a good idea to have one on hand although I don't do that anymore.
>>
>>18357537
You sound like an Australian, fellow Ausfag.
>>
>>18357537
good way to get preemptively stabbed
>>
>>18357551
I find serrations helpful for my line of work and actually know how to sharpen them. To each their own I guess.
>>
I carried one for a while thinking it might help in emergencies or if I got jumped. But then after several months of never using it I stopped, and in the several years since then I haven't once been in a situation where I said I wish I had my knife.

By all means get one if you want, but I think you'll have buyer's remorse if you get a really expensive one and never use it.
>>
>>18358028
If you do want a nice blade, Amazon or Sierra Trading Post has a lot of variety and decent stuff for really good prices. The $180.00 griptillian I've owned for 6 years cost me $80.00.
>>
>>18356898
Sleep in My car, keep my hunting knife in my door panel every night. Would be fun if a hobo tries something while Im sleeping.
>>
>>18356930
what if they're fat?
>>
I've carried a knife for years. Used to have a spring assist Gerber. Now I have a Smith&Wesson "Magic assist" Tanto I carry everywhere. I don't leave home without it. I have my CCW but don't carry it for defense. I carry my knife to work every day. I get a lot of packages at work so I use it mostly for opening boxes or cutting tape misc. other tasks. One of the most useful tools a man can own. Kinda surprised my boss when I popped out a "Switchblade" in the office for the first time but he's cool with it now.
>>
I absolutely do carry a know everywhere I go(provided it's not a secure place that bans weapons.
Carrying a knife has absolutely saved my ass on more than one occasion, a knife in a competent hand will even your chances in a 2-4 on 1 fight and usually make most people who are jumping you think twice. I only carry a 3 inch blade, because that's not enough to kill but it can disable or slow someone down for long enough to get away.
>>
>>18356980
>There is nothing of danger in the Alps

Except refugees.
>>
>>18356898
I always have a knife because houston is a shithole and you can run into problems in literally any place in town minus the multigated millionaire communities.

I also have a knife because I visibly look fash, do things to piss off communists and globalists, and don't feel like getting suicided or accosted with a bike lock without a fight.
>>
>>18360018
I also have a pistol in my vehicle at all times cause I can, cause texas, cause merica.
>>
>>18360022
You probably have a pretty big penis too. Get your gun out of your ass faggot.
>>
>>18360027
it is above average actually, thanks for asking. also no, the gun goes in the glove box. see they keep a civil society here and its the reason that we don't see mass shootings or terrorist attacks and we don't have shit like berkeley or new york protests. one mass shooting from some crazy lawyer who's practice failed is the only one I can remember. no protests except one that's coming up. supposed to get pretty big. it'll be the first here of any size and I suspect it'll be the last as well.
>>
>>18360042
Right. Texas clearly does reflect the nation.

Also good for your penis.
>>
>>18360052
I never said texas reflects the whole nation???

the thread was asking if i carry a knife. I do. it's both a self defense thing, and also it's just useful. I can't count the times I've needed to open something, cut a cord, needed an impromptu screw driver, etc. then I took it a step further and stated that I also utilize my second amendment rights. you took issue to both, presumably because you live in the UK where you need a permit for butter knives. not my fault you live in a cucked up society where getting blown up and watching your gf get raped while you don't have anything to defend yourself or her is considered "part of living in a big city"

lol
>>
>>18360080
Nah I live in Vermont. I understand the culture. Pretty sure people like you and your fun second amendment is why our country sucks so hard. Everyone criminal has guns because they're so easy to get, so all civilians need one too. How fucking gay is that? All talk no action until you pull a simple trigger and end a life. Pretty fuckin cool man. Fuck of Clint
>>
File: 1483570242270.jpg (120KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
1483570242270.jpg
120KB, 716x768px
In my country you need a "good reason" to carry a knife, like work related, otherwise it's illegal.
>>
File: gun control btfo.jpg (3MB, 1970x3290px) Image search: [Google]
gun control btfo.jpg
3MB, 1970x3290px
>>18360101
>>
File: gun laws.jpg (53KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
gun laws.jpg
53KB, 720x450px
>>18360101
and another. why not choose to bitch and signal about actual issues.
>>
File: end thread.png (281KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
end thread.png
281KB, 960x960px
>>18360101
wait wait wait, one more.
>>
>>18356898
I keep a knife in my truck for work and a handgun in my waistband for defense.
>>
File: 1f1.jpg (96KB, 680x691px) Image search: [Google]
1f1.jpg
96KB, 680x691px
>>18360101
Holy shit it's not a meme. These anti-gun nut jobs really are obsessed with guns and dicks.
>>
>>18360165
literally wanted to know how big my dick was. weird dude.
>>
File: 14960736519181957278428.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
14960736519181957278428.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>18356898
I carry this 15$ bucks from homdepo dewalt

It's good for protection and I use it on my job

3.5 in of steel, so its legal in florida, check your knife laws and get a cheap blade 10 to 15 dollars.

You don't even think about it for a while
Just get one and try carrying one out. Get one with a metal clip on it so you can put it on any pants
>>
Living in first world without niggers so no need, though I obviously carry one when I go camping or grilling or such when it's useful
>>
File: latest.jpg (144KB, 417x531px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
144KB, 417x531px
>>18357094
>city's are safe place with no crime

Woo lad
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.