[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does every guy cheat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_8911.jpg (234KB, 848x1264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8911.jpg
234KB, 848x1264px
I'm not one for baseless stereotypes, but it seems like every guy has cheated or wants to cheat on his SO. even on r9k, the notoriously lonely board, there are guys talking about cheating on their girlfirends and wives. I hear men in public talking about how hot girls are when they already have a gf.

Honestly the thought disgusts me. I've had one online boyfriend and we broke up because he cheated. Is monogamy a meme? Am I a hopeless romantic?
>>
>>18356665
you had an online boyfriend. Which means the only way you knew about him cheating was him telling you. Why let one quasi relationship shape your image of all men?
>>
>>18356665
You're sampling from the wrong places and it's creating that view. Saying someone's hot =/= cheating. Also people online talking about things don't make those things actions. I've said before I'd love to be an astronaut but if someone hears me say that it doesn't make me an astronaut.

In a 2006 paper Smith reported: “The best estimates are that about 3% to 4% of currently married people have a sexual partner besides their spouse in a given year and about 15% to 18% of ever-married people have had a sexual partner other than their spouse while married.”
>>
>I hear men in public talking about how hot girls are when they already have a gf.
Do you expect them to pretend other women are ugly once they get in a relationship? As long as they're not rubbing their SOs nose in it I don't get the issue. Those are some 16 year old tier expectations.
>>
File: 1489541129164.gif (817KB, 200x233px) Image search: [Google]
1489541129164.gif
817KB, 200x233px
>>18356665

>I'm not one for baseless stereotypes

>it seems like every guy has cheated or wants to cheat on his SO

I'm confused.
>>
No. Not every guy cheats. Everyone has some kind of temptation in their life though. Certain people choose to act on those temptations, others do not. You had one bad experience, some girls have had plenty more, and some guys have been cheated on so many times they've lost respect for women all together.

Don't let one bad thing ruin your entire life. Big world, very many people, very different upbringings.
>>
>>18356665
>online boyfriend
Online relationships rarely work. Cheating comes with the territory. And I mean that with both sides and both genders by the way.
>>
I've never cheated

Though I'm more of a vagrant lover
>>
Saying someone else is hot is not cheating. Humans don't just automatically shut out the existence of the opposite sex when they get into a relationship, and if you say that you do, you're lying.

I'm 30 years old and have never cheated. Hopefully I never will. But I did fall in love with another girl in my last relationship... but I dumped my girlfriend before anything happened.
>>
>>18356665
What you said could be applied equally to women as well. Every observation you've made, I've made with women. Not every single one but I'm fully aware that if you observe enough of a group doing something, you become a bit concerned associating with that entire group.

I don't trust women and I think dating is shit. If I was a woman I wouldn't trust men either. I don't think monogamy is natural and people fuck around too much for me to want a relationship with anyone anymore.
>>
I fell the opposite as you OP, I've been faithful my whole life, been cheated on before. Sad thing is it was always unwarranted. Either too drunk (not a reasonable excuse) or it was an ex and she missed him (but only enough to fuck around with him behind my back)
>>
We notice the cheaters because they're loud and we hate them. But always remember the silent majority. I wouldn't cheat, you don't need to cheat.

Also, some guys are just that disrespectful, regarding lusting after other women. Others, like me, can just look at them, think ''She's hot'', yet ''But i'd rather keep my girl''.
>>
>>18356665
> it seems like every guy has cheated or wants to cheat on his SO
Based on you very limited experience from limited sources.

>r9k, the notoriously lonely board, there are guys talking about cheating on their girlfirends and wives
r9k is a great example for people who aren't part of the normal society.

> talking about how hot girls are when they already have a gf
That's not cheating.

>Is monogamy a meme?
Mostly.

>Am I a hopeless romantic?
Sounds more like an insecure kid.
>>
>>18356665
>I've had one online boyfriend and we broke up because he cheated.
You mean you never had a boyfriend and the person you knew over the internet had sex?

Online relationships being a complete meme aside. Almost 50% of people will cheat at least once in their lives. It's shit but you have to fight through the swamp and find the other 50% who don't do that shit.
>>
*tips fedora*
>>
23/m I dont cheat, but I have a shit worldview from having a LOT of female friends who either ignore their SO because they think its cute or cheat just because they dont know how to deal with their relationships logically.

Give someone a shot, but be wary that most people only care about themselves. Its not a bad thing but its a trait you have to take note of if youre trying to create a serious relationship.
>>
File: backup_infographic_F.jpg (196KB, 660x443px) Image search: [Google]
backup_infographic_F.jpg
196KB, 660x443px
>>18356665
Consider me hopeless romantic too op.
And girls cheat too and it doesnt even bother them.

Some people arent build for monogamy at all.

T. Guy.

>online boyfriend or long distance relationships are memes
>>
Not everyone, but many.
I have to confess, yes I do.
Try to understand my situation: I found a girl I really like and we have amazing chemistry, I dont want to leave her. But at the same time I see lots of women walking on the street giving me interests signs and boner, what can I do? Of course there is no emotional involvement, just sex and fun, most of them I never see again. And then return to my girlfriend.
Men always did it, "cool" guys, gangsters in movies, always had women on side.
It is nature, goddamn. I wish I could tell my girlfriend exactly that, but I know she wont understand.
>>
>>18356665
no, most people don't and more women cheat than men.
>>
>>18356665
But girls aren't even capable of love. Sit down and grow up, OP.
>>
>>18356665
I've never cheated or been tempted to cheat. I tend to lose interest in any women other than the one I'm with as well. dunno why, just how I am. I also don't do casual relationships. if I get into a relationship it means my intention is long term. I don't see the point in doing things any other way.
>>
Since when is every guy cheating the stereotype?

We all know that its every woman that cheats. Whats to stop you from cheating OP?
>>
>>18357266
>Some people arent build for monogamy at all.
Most people aren't but lack of monogamy =/= cheating.
>>
>>18357308
this is postmodernist, grade a, bullshit.

I wholeheartedly reject the notion of poly relationships being natural and not cheating. absolutely degenerate and it never works.
>>
It depends on a lot of factors. People are actually aboit the same. They want to sleep with someone they are very attracted to period.

I've seen plenty of chubby chicks act like attractiveness doesn't matter, then they lose like 50 or more poinds, immediately dump their bf and hook up with some bodybuilder dood that smashes on them super hard.

That inclination is in most people.
>>
>>18357312
Science and our history disagrees with your feelz.
>>
I'm currently sexting other girls while in a rs, but I wouldn't ever do anything physically.
>>
>>18357273
Please die. Thank you. Never marry.

>>18357308
Yea, no.

If you have gf and still fuck other people around without her consent, you are scum who needs to die. Or you know, dont ever have gf, go to bar each night and fuck sloots.

If she knows about it and doesnt mind, you just upgraded your relationship to the open version.

In both cases you are anything but monogamous.

Btw do you know that swingers parties exist? Seriously if you cant contain your dick in your panties around other ladies, just dont get a gf.

>>18357323
Keep telling yourself this. It is just one step from actual sex. Sooner or later you will do it.

Relationships are about mutual trust and respect. By cheating you are breaking it both. At that point you can consider breaking up. Or do you actually enjoy the show and deception you are making? Maybe you wanted to be an actor.

Die cheaters. What you are doing is not ok. Stop making excuses.
>>
>>18357331
Nope, I've had the chance to fuck a 9/10 and I turned it down. What I'm currently doing is the furthest I will go.
>>
>>18357322
not my feels, my actions. I keep forgetting this shit board doesn't have ids. ugh. I'm this poster >>18357287

>>18357331
lol basically this tbqhfam
>>
>>18357331
>If she knows about it and doesnt mind, you just upgraded your relationship to the open version.
Not necessary. It obviously gained elements from an open relationshit but if it was a one time thing it's not quite the full deal yet.

Another anon mentioned sexting, assuming the partner is cool with it, it wouldn't be cheating either.

>if you cant contain your dick in your panties around other ladies, just dont get a gf
Or get a gf who isn't an insecure mental wreck.
>>
>>18357343
>Or get a gf who isn't an insecure mental wreck.
>implying people who want stable committed relationships are mental wrecks.

postmodernism everyone. "nothing matters so I'm going to do whatever I want." this is going to come back to bite you in the ass in a big way lol. you are going to hit a hard fucking wall just like laci green and then scramble for anything resembling stability.
>>
Polygamous relationships are fine as long as both people in said relationship are aware and agree.

If you have to sneak around behind your partners back then you obviously know its wrong.
>>
>>18357337
Does your gf know? Because once she find out, she wont be pleased.

You are still breaking the trust part a little. Tell her and post results. Maybe you wont have to reject 9/10 girls in future if you tell her.

>>18357343
>insecure
As i told it, there are people obviously not build for monogamy. What baffles me is your guts to deny it.

Why all the lies, deception, false alibi and dishonesty? Are you afraid you wont be able to find girl who wont tolerate open relationship? We live in area where 12 old kids become trans and gays are finally persecution free.

Stop telling lies to yourself and your partners and embrace who you are. Cheaters needs to be gassed.

Stop being cheaters and admit to your partners that you cant live in monogamy. I have nothing against whores and mansluts. Stick your genitals into whatever you want. JUST PLEASE STOP THE LIES to your partners! Thank you.
>>
>>18357331
>Please die. Thank you. Never marry.
Only your perspective. My perspective is that my girl should consider herself lucky, out of all women I chose her and stay with her, so what if there are other women in my life, they dont touch me in other ways than physical.
I could have just NOT be with her and she would be miserable.
If you are a woman you will never understand.
>>
>>18357368
If your value is indeed that high, she will surely tolerate open relationship.

And i bet you wont mind her getting dicked by gardener and fitness trainer when you are out of town.
>>
File: dying laughing.gif (500KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
dying laughing.gif
500KB, 500x252px
>>18357368
lol you can't be for real.
>>
>>18357357
>monogamous relationships
>stable
Top kek. No relationship ever is and most will end one way or another, you'll be better off accepting it instead of trying to live up to a fantasy.

>postmodernism everyone. "nothing matters so I'm going to do whatever I want."
Hedonism is the word you're looking for and isn't exactly a novel idea.

>>18357360
>What baffles me is your guts to deny it.
What? Where? I am totally agreeing with you on that bit. Just add "almost all".

>Why all the lies, deception, false alibi and dishonesty?
Huh? Did you try to quote someone else? Where did I even suggest lying?
>>
>>18357385
so you just admit you're a disgusting pathetic subhuman just like your miserable faggot of a father was

i dont know if that fact that you're just a hopeless frustrated virgin LARPing on an anonymous imageboard makes it more or less pathetic. enjoy desperately trying to convince other anons you know what pussy feels like.
>>
>>18357385
You just admitted you are not build for monogamy. Who knows, maybe it is heritable. In your dna to be like this. And your argument about drugs is laughtable.

And no, i am guy. Consider divorce. You will be more hapy. Your wife will be happier and you will show your children that it is ok to follow your dreams. If you dont brings laywers, you can see kids and split money in fair share. Stop living lies. I bet it is very tiresome.

I wouldnt be able to live like this. Maybe because i am honest person.

>she is only for me
What if she thinks you are only for her as well? How does it feels to betray her each day in the morning? Do you have some subsystem in your brain to filter bad feelings?

>>18357397
Maybe this is female. Trying to throw around ad hominem.
>>
File: 1488935947586.png (529KB, 763x612px) Image search: [Google]
1488935947586.png
529KB, 763x612px
Cheating is fucked up and I'm not implying that it's alright, but it's the biological imperative of a man or woman to have sex with as many people as possible.

You have to choose that you enjoy being monogamous more than fucking tons of women, which just as many people do.

Cheating is terrible, but you can't be surprised that people do it.
>>
>>18357432
>never talk about it
Is she completely oblivious to it or does she knows / sence it?

And do you realize that with 1:1 ratio girls to boys, she most likely cheats too but since you both need alibi, you dont ask dangerous questions like
>where have you been?
>what did you do today?
>how have you been?

Whatever you do, please dont marry until she knows your viewpoint on monogamy.

And bonus questions for you.
Do you have classic mistress, or do you pursue multiple girls and never stand with one more than few times?
Do they know you are cheating somebody?
Do they know you are only after casual sex or do you lie to them too in order to get sex?
Where do you seek constant supply of pussy without your hirl knowing?
>>
>>18357435
>Where do you seek constant supply of pussy without your hirl knowing?
Reading this after the rest makes it look like: "God, drugs are horrible. So uhh, where do you get them again?"
>>
Wtd who deleted these,
buthurt mods or the author himself?
Should i repost it?
Have your girl or conscience finaly caught you?

Dont you dare deleting posts when i am talking to them. What is this? [deleted] place?
>>
>>18357439
>ad hominem?
It is useful to know. Both for cheaters and for people who want to know what the symptoms looks like.
>>
Honestly, I don't know all I know is that women have the higher probability to cheat
>>
>>18357360
I've told her once, and she admitted the same thing.

I said I wouldn't do it anymore, and I did quit for like a while.
>>
>>18357287
Same as this guy. I have a wife and family, but even while I was dating, I never cheated. I broke up when shit was going the wrong way, or was broken up with. Was cheated on only twice, too (by different ex gfs). Just use your head, try to assess the person you want to date/have relationship with, and if they seem like a decent person, and you are a good enough judge of character, you'll be fine.
>>
>>18356665
I could say the same thing about women.

Kill yourself
>>
>>18358754
This.
>>
>>18357477
What research shows this?
>>
File: ffd4af5cd85fcfd635614c15d5b518d9.jpg (652KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ffd4af5cd85fcfd635614c15d5b518d9.jpg
652KB, 2560x1600px
>>18357372
>can't be for real.

Of course it's for real. But let's be honest: she's miserable either way.
>>
>>18356665
If they're a virgin I don't cheat.
>>
>>18358780
>What research shows this?

Do your own research. Go outside. Who has more opportunity?
>>
Sexual: Personally I would abstain from it. I of course daily see beautiful/fuckable women daily, but I choose not to break the trust my SO has on me.

Emotional: Never.

The only reason I would "cheat" is if we are having a troublesome time were neither of us look confident on solving it. But that's only to satiate my sexual/emotional needs while we work out a solution.
>>
>>18356665
i would cheat on gf with girl in op, every guy here would too
>>
>>18358780
>>18358813

I had gf which tried really hard to stay with me (reasons won't be explained) while dating another guy near the end of everything.

So yeah, experience is my research.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>18358827
stop projecting your shitty personality to try and justify you being a shit person and just confront who you are and what it means. you insult every guy here that thinks you're human garbage when you say that.
>>
No but all women do
They need to be mistreated
>>
>>18358873
go back to r9k
>>
>>18358883
Women are narcissistic whores who can't think for themselves
>>
>>18356665
>>18357331
monogamy is a christian meme and literally no culture ever has honestly subscribed to it.

Cheating stops being cheating if you never promise to "only be with him/her forever" and just admit that you sometimes want to fuck other people. Don't be bitches about it. Everyone can easily handle about 2-4 good friends/SO:s without making anyone of them feeling neglected. Just say it out aloud and admit that you want others every now and then. Functional adults don't get mad for you spending time with other people, and sex is literally just another form of spending time with someone.

I'm not losing anything if my gf decides to fuck someone, chances are that I'd like the guy/girl as well, as she has nice tastes.

>inb4 cuck

Threesome is threesome
>>
>>18358921
no, you're a fucking cuck and a weak person.
>>
>>18358886
I'm sorry that you've been hurt so painfully
>>
>>18358926
Why a weak person?
>>
>>18358921
you realize that monogamy is a natural human evolutionary trait to allow for raising children, because human children require so much attention and take so long to mature to self sufficiency?

you're shit is all fucked up and constructed to justify shitty personal choices. you can live like that, but admit to yourself that you're choosing to live as an unstable hedonist that should never have children because the moment they walk in on mommy fucking two other dudes cause "threesome is a threesome" they're going to be irreparably damaged people that are sadly, incredibly likely to never contribute to a stable society.
>>
>>18358921
I have nothing against people who openly tells their partners about being open relationships. Everybody is free to do whatever they please within laws.

So when my girl asks about opening our relationship, i will kindly ask her to leave and never talk to me again.
>>
File: clap.gif (3MB, 497x280px) Image search: [Google]
clap.gif
3MB, 497x280px
>>18358941
>So when my girl asks about opening our relationship, i will kindly ask her to leave and never talk to me again.
>>
>>18358926
I'm bi, so I don't actually give a shit about straight guy macho alfa faggotry. I like sucking dick as much as I like licking pussy. I feel I'm more honest to myself and to others when I admit that there is no one perfect person to me (that I've met at least). I'm neither disaffectionate, I just dont lie to myself about my sexuality. I like having sex, and I personally don't think that it's something holy. I do think you should only have sex with people who are very special to you, as it is intimate, but I also think that there are many people I'm intimate with.

You wouldn't care if she's a virgin, would you? If she/he's had sex with others before you, how does it change anything that she/he's having sex with someone while having sex you?

I understand the problem with breaking mutual trust, but there's no expectation of monogamy, then you can't "cheat".

Obviously there are still other ways to hurt people you're in relationship with, but having sex with someone shouldn't be one, and I assert that it's just something we've thaught to believe otherwise.
>>
>>18358950
>but having sex with someone shouldn't be one
You need to strung up and shot holy fuck. You are a dumbass of the highest order
>>
>>18358935
>what are condoms or pills

I wasn't talking about having kids. I'm a guy in my twenties, I don't want kids yet. Obviously kids need a stable environment to grow in. Though monogamy does not necessarily provide that, as people can still grow apart and divorce without cheating on each other.
>>
>>18358941
She's honest with you and appreciates your opinion and you dump her? Nice way to get rid of all the honest and brave ones, dumbass.
>>
File: stop it.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
stop it.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>18358950
>>18358961
statistics say you will be incapable of providing a stable environment for children. you played yourself son. you fell for the post modernist meme life.
>>
File: 1488742091923.jpg (7KB, 222x228px) Image search: [Google]
1488742091923.jpg
7KB, 222x228px
>>18358825
>The only reason I would "cheat" is if we are having a troublesome time

>Failing this much at relationships
>>
>>18358957
I mean I have been in a monogamous relationship. It was great. But I have also been in a polygamous one, and it was great too.

Monogamy is a lie, just like "the first marihuana injection will kill you with psychosis". Just be honest to the people close to you and do what feels right to you.

I'm not trying to be an asshole. Instead of only calling me names as a defencive reaction, argue with me like >>18358935 did. That's way more interesting to every one of us.
>>
>>18358981
Well go ahead and have all the kids you like. I don't have to have any. I have a dog and it behaves well even though I have sex with multiple people.
>>
>>18358931
Yeah I don't get that either.
>>
>>18358982

You've never had a relationship, right?
>>
>>18358935
I'd say it actually doesent matter that much how many people the kid walks in on having sex. Dad having a wank in the bathroom is equally traumatizing for the kid famalam. Also it's not like monogamous couples couldn't fuck up a kid mentally. So all in all 0/5 theory.
>>
>>18358985
You only get to be smug if you have something smart to say. The fact that this has to be explained to you is honestly concerning. If you're too braindead to realize how fucking dumb you are for trying to argue what you are as something legitimate you're too far gone
>>
File: 1482467013372.jpg (261KB, 608x2308px) Image search: [Google]
1482467013372.jpg
261KB, 608x2308px
>>18358999

Of course. They're easy if you aren't an egotistical shitlord.
>>
>>18359020

That's true, but sometimes things happen. We know each other a bit more profoundly when that shit happens.
>>
File: spock.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
spock.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>18356963
Excuse me, wtf is an online bf?

If you are not fucking him at least once a week, you have a friend. You do NOT have a bf.

Online bfs do not work because they are not real. Just because you watch each other jack off over Skype does NOT mean you have a relationship.

Go out and find a real fucking bf. Shit.
>>
>>18359020
women should be gassed
>>
>>18359013
Smugness is annoying, and I'm not trying to be smug.

Also nice defence reaction there. Do you always call everything you don't like names instead of explaining to yourself and to others why you think in a certain way? Must be easy.
>>
>>18358966
>honest with me
That is why i used word
>kindly
No name calling, no drama, no beating, no stress, hell i will even let her stay at my place for few days until she manages to find new place to move to. We had fun and obviously it wouldnt work in the long run.

Call me shallow, but it is my preference. Same with girls refusing dating niggers ir manlets. Just a preference.

Too bad that all cheaters know this very well, so they do anything withinh their power to hide it. They want cake and eat it too.

And the best moment of your life is when your partner tells you to get tested for STI. Nothing beats this, maybe when dna tests comes back telling you that the kid isnt yours.

Good luck cheaters.
>>18359041
Classic case of dating down or settling. But hey, at least she divirced first. Miles better than cheaters.
>>
>>18359031

Doesn't change what I said. It's easy if you aren't treating your relationship like some kind of high-stakes competition and imagining you're some amazing big-shot.

Sure, things happen. It's easy.
>>
>>18359048
>"Hey, why is everyone calling me fucking stupid because I think cheating is okay?"
Buy a gun
>>
>>18359054

Well, I think I'll give you the reason. I said what I said based on the last relationship I were, which effectively was (for her) more of an ego dominance rather than finding solutions.
>>
>>18359086
>the reason

Sounds like a reason to end the relationship, (or even not get into it in the first place) not a reason to compromise your integrity.
>>
>>18356665
>I've had one online boyfriend
>online boyfriend
Because, that is considered a real boyfriend... lol.

> Is monogamy a meme?
No, there are decent people out there.
>>
>>18356665
>even on r9k, the notoriously lonely board,

Kek.

>there are guys talking about cheating on their girlfirends and wives.

/r9k/ is dead, mate. All the actual lonely guys were driven out by normies and reee roasties like you who fucking browse that board now. It's yours, we're gone.

>Is monogamy a meme?
It's not. Most people are just shit tier.

Fuck off, that's the real meme. You're looking for someone to trust when you don't trust anyone. You're fucked in the head, not a "hopeless romantic awwww".
>>
>>18356665
I'm a guy and I'm 100% convinced that I would never ever cheat.
>>
Probably gets buried but here goes.

Every human only looks at one thing when making a decision, either subconsciously or consciously.

"What do i believe is best for me?"

That's it. it all comes down to the lizard brain we all try to claim we dont have.

If some one does all good, is there for every one, gives away every penny they have. All they think about is: "I'm better because of this, I am a good person"

So if some one cheats. they too think that there is a benefit for them. Attention, sex, a future, a good feeling, something that is better than the alternative. It might not be factual or true, but it is the believe that drives them
>>
>>18359120
Yeah, because girls don't want you.
>>
>>18359126
Savage. Here is your (You).

Dont forget to tip the fedora.
>>
>>18359061
Did you even fuckin read what I said? I never said cheating aka breaking trust or hurting feelings is okay. How about next time you spend more than 1 second looking at a post before deciding what you think about it you fucking mongoloid.

I meant that it should be socially acceptable to be open about wanting to fuck other people, because that's what people want to do (hence cheating is a thing).
>>
>>18359120
sure thing pal
>>
>>18357322
What science or history? This is as much bullshit as the 80-20 meme
>>
>>18359133
It's true. If you had attractive girls on your dick all the time you would probably fail at not having sex with them.
>>
>>18359134
>I meant that it should be socially acceptable to be open about wanting to fuck other people
How the fuck is that any better?
You
Are
Really
This
Fucking
Dumb
>>
>>18359159
I wasnt even anon you replied to.
http://lucidphilosophy.com/3-ad-hominem/
>>
>>18359171
Do you honestly even try to see my case without resorting to being overtly aggressive?
Cheating is breaking an implied societal norm and trust of the other, but still people cheat, even with the full knowledge of it being the shitty thing to do. I'm just honest about how everyone sometimes would like to have sex with someone else. Do you think it's RARE somehow that people have sex with multiple people during their lifetimes? How about we as a society stop pretending we love only one person forever. It's really not that radical.

Instead, you just resort to shouting like a fucking muslim who saw a muhammed drawing.
>>
>>18359174
That doesn't apply at all, you mongoloid.
>>
>>18359184
Yeah lets all regress back to our lizard minds that fucks everything that moves, because that's somehow more progressive in modern society.

For real though, should we as human beings aim to change ourselves or change society to fit the average human? This could be an interesting philosophical question.
>>
>>18359189
>"you can't get laid because you're ugly/you're an asshole"
>not ad hominen

OK so you're not worth talking to. See ya on another thread
>>
>>18359197
because I said those things and because he actually made an argument. Are you willfully this stupid?
>>
>>18359194
I think yes. Average people are not perfect. That's why collectivist ideologies didn't work either, and promoting average selfishness has worked better.

We have made being gay more and more okay, we have made divorcing more and more okay, we've allowed women to have a say in relationships, and the fabric of society hasn't broken. Why would it be so horrible to have polygamous relationships around? It's not like anyone's losing anything.

And apparently it's still reqired to have the disclaimer here: breaking trust sucks. That's not limited to relationships or to sex though.
>>
>>18359206
>because I said those things and because he actually made an argument. Are you willfully this stupid?

Are you willfully this stupid?

Let's see where this goes
>>
>>18359219
are you this determined to being stupid? or let me guess, you're the novelty anon who has to try really hard to be the smart one on an anonymous imageboard. here's your last (you), retard.
>>18359212
I understand it's in our biology and it's easier to conform our societal norms than to fight our biology, but at the same time monogamy has a really successful history, whereas being sexual promiscuous doesn't (in the scope of society as a whole). ie unwanted pregnancies, government raising children, etc
>>
>>18359194
Relationships are literally the only thing where 4chan gives any value to feels. Like your example about muslims: people here would say that mudslimes are fucking thin skinned for getting trggered, but one girl does not want to spend time with a guy anymore, and now she's an insensitive whore.

Double standards appereantly exist here as well. And I tried to escape reddit.
>>
>>18359212
Not the anon you're talking to, but you speak as if polyamorous relationships are illegal. They're frowned upon in accordance with our current collective moral zeitgeist. I feel like I am mature enough to know I am not suited for them and to condemn their acceptance as a normative relationship due to their potential for normalising promiscuity under the pretence of open-mindedness and having love to give. No one's stopping you from pursuing such relationships, but if your social agend is to normalise them, it's only natural that you will experience some fight back, and rightly so in my opinion.
>>
>>18359237
Kids aren't a problem in a developed society with eduated people using contraception.

I do agree though that monogamy is a widespread ideal, but in many cases it's also very anti-woman (like in places where feminism would actually have some use). I think that accepting different (biologically hardcoded) sexualities and ways of expressing sexuality is a integral step in society developing to a more sophisticated one. See: middle-east vs northern europe
>>
>>18359268
>I do agree though that monogamy is a widespread ideal, but in many cases it's also very anti-woman (like in places where feminism would actually have some use)
Pro-tip fucko, historically, polygamy has always meant one guy marrying multiple women. Boy it sure was sophisticated and progressive when the sultan of turkey was capturing circassian 12 year olds and fucking them in his harem.
>>
>>18359268
I agree, I think society should cast aside their innate feelings of disgust and hatred for the greater good of humanity, because such feelings typically lead to certain peoples getting hurt (see: fgts getting shot in night clubs)

Monogamy isn't anti-woman, it's very much pro-woman. It helped keep the guy around, the dude who provides the roof and the bread, for centuries. I'll concede that in this day and age it might be less important to have him around, since the government can hand out welfare and since women can work good jobs now. I really don't have much information to go off of past this point, maybe it wouldn't be so bad this way.
>>
>>18359252
Of course it's legal in many societies, but just not accepted. See >>18358941 who would just throw away a good girl for suggesting a more open relationship. To me that seems more like an issue with insecurity and upbringing of the poster than of the girl's. Many people here are acting like people suggesting polyamorous normalization (like with being gay) are some kind of retards or monsters. See >>18359171 ,
>>18359061 or >>18359013 as examples. I think that's a very normal reaction, not an unusual one, but it's still just as retarded as suggesting that now as gayness is more accepted everyone has to be gay. I have to agree with >>18358921 here and say that
monogamy is a meme. Every society has had men who have multiple wives or lovers, every society has had cheaters. Why not just make it easier for everyone and accept that one person can love many, and that having sex doesn't necessarily equate to love. We already know these to be facts, as almost everyone has multiple sexual partners during their lives, and everyone loves many people, and that these groups don't contain the exact same people. See moms, dads, brothers, sisters who are loved but not sexed. See one night stands who are sexed but not loved.

Let's just drop the bullshit. No more broken hearts over cheating.
>>
>>18356665
There's no woman in the world hot enough to make me forget that I love my wife.
>>
>>18359268
Kids are still definitely a problem. I've known several people who drop tots every couple of years and do zero to support them. With no money or attention living in the slums, I sure do wonder how those kids will turn out, and what impact their learned behaviors will be on society.

This is why monogamy is good, it helps allocate time that should be spent ACTUALLY RAISING the child.
>>
>>18359278
It's obviously not. But guys on this anonymous tadzikistani cave painting board are fucking freaking out every time a girl doesn't want to have sex with them.

Polygamy could mean just everyone accepting the want to have sex with other people every now and then, for men and women.
>>
>>18359278
>>18359302
>>18359280

that's exactly what I meant with it being often anti-woman
>>
>>18356665
Lots of women cheat too, and their rates are climbing as the work place equalises and they become more financially independent and theyre rapidly approaching on par.

It doesnt matter if youre talking gender, race, or nationality.

Some members of every group do shitty things and if you narrow your world view and focus on a single one youll find yourself hating them even though your own group is just as bad in the same circumstances.

Ive been with my gf for 4 years. I travel a lot and i could have cheated on her many times over without her ever even getting a hint and yet I havent.

In my past I was also pretty good with women so its not like i even cant if i tried.

Good men exist, good women exist, shit men exist, shit women exist. Its a case by case judgement.
>>
>>18359300
People should be loyal to their kids in these cases. Loyalty towards the woman/man is definitely not required. Single moms exist, single dads exist. Kids raised by good people will be good people regardless of the relationship status of the parents.
>>
Not if you lock them in chastity cages and make them divulge their passwords.
>>
>>18359288
You keep asking the same stupid rhetorical questions that every other pro-polyamory dipshit uses.

The reason is that it advances social inequality, alienation, loss of personal value, and stability. A post-monogamous society is a society in which every single person has to constantly negotiate and arrange the terms of their relationships, and ultimately is always vying to be at the top of the pile, and there WILL be a top of the pile.

Basically, you're trying to turn love and companionship into another miserable rat race.
>>
>>18359315
>Basically, you're trying to turn love and companionship into another miserable rat race

Yeah, because it definitely isn't one already
>>
>>18359315
fucken smoked
>>
>>18359288
One can cheat in any kind of relationship. The debate over whether human monogamy is natural or not certainly isn't over, no matter how much paddlers of either side would like to believe. And even if it were, it makes no sense to argue with the natural fallacy.

Like this anon suggested >>18359288, polyamory comes with its own dominance hierarchy and I am opposed to raising children within it. Relationships take time to build and commitment is an undervalued virtue when the seduction of 'the possibility of a better future' is always around the corner.
>>
>>18359329
sorry I was meant to quote this anon >>18359315
when suggesting the type of dominance hierarchy that's attached to polyamory.
>>
>>18359159
not that anon. I get hit on constantly. go to buy pet food, cute cashier wants to chat and gets flirty. go buy a gun, chick at the gun store is making it known she's single and likes the same shit I do and her coworker is like wingmaning for her. go for a drive, full suv of party girls wants me to go somewhere fun with them or to my place.

I still have never cheated, nor been tempted to cheat.

you're a faggot.

also this thread turned into a pretty serious debate while I was gone. nice. that was more effort than I felt like putting into it but it's good someone did.
>>
>>18359288
You're a fucking retard can you just get over it holy shit you've been btfo how many times itt?
>>
>>18359159
This>>18359365

I have good people skills and im attractive. I get hit on a lot, and I work far from home.

I could have cheated without ever getting caught a number of times.

Still havent in my 4 year relationship somehow.

>maybe I'm delusional and not as cool as I think.

Maybe, anon, maybe, but even so i havent even tried, argument would remain invalid.
>>
>>18359309
>Kids raised by good people will be good people regardless of the relationship status of the parents.

Sure, but people who become single moms are not good people, regardless of their relationship status.
>>
>>18359372
>>18359322
Lovely defence reactions? Was your inability to please her with your tiny dick or exessive insecurity the reason she cheated on you? It's not our fault. Go elsewhere to vent you cuck.
>>18359694
Not that anon, but what if the man cheated?
>>
>>18356665
Well, the idea that every guy cheats is preposterous. I seriously doubt that is anything more than a small minority, especially out of married men. I don't even think there would be much a gap between men and women cheating in the first place. Also, nothing should stop a guy being attracted to other girls. I mean just because he is saying they are attractive does not mean he is going to make a move on them. It is basically like saying if I had a girlfriend, she can't be attracted to Ryan Reynolds or something because I'm with her.
>>
>>18356665
Does every girl cheat? I'm not one for baseless stereotypes, but it seems like every guy has been cheated on or knows someone wanting to cheat.
>>
>>18356665

That's made up Hollywood bullshit, you fuck.
>>
>>18356665
I'm the same. I don't cheat on the girls I go out with. I'm a hopeless romantic.
>>
>>18360613
>I have a modicum of human decency
ftfy
>>
>>18356665
I'm a /fit/izen with a dead bedroom marriage.

I won't cheat.
No point, I don't want sex, I want the emotional intimacy that comes from passionate sex in a relationship.

There are plenty of guys like us out there, just make sure to keep up the intimacy.
>>
>>18359288
Are you that anon who lets his gf do naked yoga with her guy friends in the other threads kek

>>18360311
Also no amount of speculating about other men's dick size will change the fact that you're insecure about your opinion enough to try this hard to convince other anons by repeating the same thing again and again.

It's ok, some men share, others don't. No biggie. If you keep insisting the ones who disagree with you are insecure what it really shows to third party is you are projecting some pent up issue. Like you can't talk your gf out of it so it must be anons who are wrong. It's funny regardless.
>>
>>18360311
>if the man cheated

Why would a good person decide to have a child with a person who cheats?
>>
File: 1496000481439.jpg (99KB, 932x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496000481439.jpg
99KB, 932x1024px
>>18356784
Pretty much anon...

I have never cheated. I always leave before things get out of hand. I feel the relationship start to wane. I am one of those guys who were cheated on what I hope not to be truth but all besides one and even that is in question.

Mind you however I have been the instrument of many failed relationships. I know how easy it is to sway women into a bed. After a long time I realized I am the very monster I hated and blamed. The past two years has been full of insight into what I was and choose now not to be that and hold myself to a higher moral ground often at my own expense.

Once you really grow to care for someone else deeply its hard to ignore a lot of the wrong things you see and do as a youth. I was in a 6 year relationship which was turned into a joke after my last relationship which lasted a year but what a fucking year it was.
>>
>>18356665
No. Not all guys cheat. Next question.
>>
>>18356665
Hey Op.

Been in a relationship for over a year now. Slept with 6 girls. Everyone cheats. It's a ridiculous fantasy to expect monogamy in your 20's
>>
File: 1492719724573.png (13KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1492719724573.png
13KB, 100x100px
>>18356665
I'm not one for baseless stereotypes, but it seems like every girl has cheated or wants to cheat on her SO. even on r9k, the notoriously lonely board, there are girls talking about cheating on their boyfirends and husbands. I hear women in public talking about how hot guys are when they already have a bf.

Honestly the thought disgusts me. I've had one online girlfriend and we broke up because she cheated. Is monogamy a meme? Am I a hopeless romantic?
>>
>>18361969
No, it's a ridiculous fantasy to expect monogomy in YOUR 20s you weak piece of shit with no self control.
>>
>>18356665
No its your choice in men not all want too cheat
>>
>>18356665
nice pic
>>
>>18356665
Yeah, it's not just guys. You want to know the difference between how you pick up a single girl vs how you pick up a girl in a relationship? You wait till her SO isn't there. That's literally it. I can't tell you how many times I've fucked some chick at a convention or a camp only to have her roll over and grab her phone to text her boyfriend when we're done.

All men cheat? No. All humans cheat. A person's faithfullness in a relationship is inversely proportional to their options.
>>
>>18362060
No, everyone does not cheat.
Do not PROJECT your bad morals onto others.

You sound like a drug dealer
"Everyone does it"
"If i don't do it, someone else will do it".

That doesn't make it ok dude.
And even if these girls are bitches and whores, you still have a personal responsibility.
>>
>>18356665
Both girls and guys do it. It seems more widespread because people on the internet write about it, but it's always been this way. With anonymous posting people can talk about it, versus having to keep things hush hush like in the 1950s
>>
>>18361969
>Everyone cheats
No, you're just an asshole and fuck you for trying to lump me in with shitty people like you.
>>
>>18361969
How many divorces do you bet this guy's going to go through later in life? I'm guessing at least 2, possibly 3.
>>
I've never cheated and will never cheat. I've been cheated on, though. Multiple times.
>Is monogamy a meme
Pretty much. You'll likely find that even most people who claim to be strictly monogamous will end up cheating or otherwise engaging in some kind of hookup culture behavior. We're hopeless.
>>
>>18362085
You understand what a generalization is, right? When people say "everyone does X" they usually don't mean literally every human.
>>
i wouldn't but i'm a kissless virgin so that's obvious
>>
>>18356665
>online boyfriend
>cheated
did you not get enough oxygen at birth or something? online/long distance relationships arent actual forms of relationships. real relationships are founded on in-person and frequent interaction. and no, not all men are interested in cheating. the same applies to women. one failed "relationship" shouldnt define an entire gender. grow up.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.