[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Relaxation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
/adv/
What's up dudes

What do you do to relax and stop over analyzing things? I can have some perfectionist quirks that makes any little mistake seem like total failure. I've had some changes in my life recently and I'm having a hard time from keeping myself from being discouraged.

What do you personally do to clear your mind? Mantras? Exercises? my go to hasn't helped much and I need to keep stride.
>>
Okay, OP, storytime.
>Go back 15 years
>Be me, age 18, first night in the dorms at college
>Completely moved in, got my books, nothing to do but wait 3 days until classes start
>Did not bring computer so I could concentrate on schoolwork instead of gaming (remember, 15 years ago this was possible)
>Nothing to fucking do for the rest of the night
>Start to panic a little

What I had brought, since we needed a room phone (again, 15 years ago I had no cell phone), was a forty-year-old Western Electric rotary phone. Except it needed to be converted from hardwire to a 4p4c connector.

So I sat down at my desk in my dorm room, got out my electronic screwdrivers, opened up the phone, checked all the connections, and set about figuring out how to attach a 4p4c connector to the end.

After about 20 minutes engrossed in this task, playing around, I realized I had become really REALLY calm. I actually went to lie down for bed after that. One night down.
>>
>>18355823
So start a new hobby?

Once I get some flow it could be an option. And eventually pave more spare time. I've been working for three weeks straight and decided to take the afternoon off today. I just feel guilty of all the things I could be doing instead (i already cleaned the house)
>>
>>18355855
But the guilt and the bad feelings haven't been limited to today, I haven't had any time off because I won't allow it for myself. Everything needs to be just so.
>>
>>18355806
I run a D&D group for my close friends. Some of the most calming stuff for me is sitting down and just planning dungeons, making NPCs, and writing stories for them to run.

Super relaxing and constructive.

Also, weightlifting is pretty intense, but I always feel really relaxed afterward.
>>
>>18355855
It's not even starting a new hobby, it's doing something to occupy your hands and mind briefly and break the cycle of guilt/worry.
>>
>>18355806
don't really have anything
>>
Have you tried getting laid nutting on a girl's face and down her throat...have you had a threesome with some hoes off Backpage??
>>
File: 11.jpg (2MB, 3072x4608px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
2MB, 3072x4608px
>>18355806
>What do you do to relax and stop over analyzing things?
>Mantras
>Exercises

What I do is go out into the woods and sit down by a river a few minutes from my house, sit up straight, close my eyes, and listen to the the water, wind, trees, etc. Any time you feel your mind wandering, try your hardest to focus back on the sounds of the world and visualize your surroundings based solely off of that. Once you practice enough, it becomes easier to isolate yourself from your thoughts.

Do you have any nature near you OP?
>>
>>18355888
>>18355896
Similar ideology. I don't have anything mechanical to screw around with. I got a couple of puzzles kickin around, even if it's a popular grandma at mid day tea time thing to do.
>>18356088
im in a town full of thirsty hoes but with no substance.
>>18356105
Surrounded by forest my dude. Pic is my pooch on a walking trail. It's the only form of peace I cling to but it doesn't seem to be enough
>>
>>18356154
>Surrounded by forest my dude. Pic is my pooch on a walking trail. It's the only form of peace I cling to but it doesn't seem to be enough
try harder, or find a better place to go
>>
>>18355806
Watch 2 or 3 movies in a row on my days off, to forget I exist.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.