[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you progress an online long-distance relationship?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: icon_1024x1024.png (44KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
icon_1024x1024.png
44KB, 1024x1024px
I've been talking to someone on OkCupid for a few weeks and it's going well. We have good conversations every other day or so. 99% match. We "like" each other on OkCupid. We're both asexual. It would cost around $800 to fly to her country for a date.

Now what? How do we transition from friends to partners?
>>
I have no fucking clue how you do this as asexual, or why you'd go on a date anyway. Normally you'd, you know, talk about how you feel about each other or some shit.
>>
>>18355592
We're not aromantic, we just want a relationship without sex. Dating seems intuitive to me.

>talk about how you feel about each other

I guess that makes sense. Do you just start a conversation about this like "how do you feel about me"? Feels a little dramatic.

Disclaimer: I have practically no experience with relationships in or out of real life.
>>
>>18355616
Yeah, I know what you mean. Okay. Well, if you haven't already had romantic talk, you need to reach that. I mean, last girl I dated, I literally started opening conversations with shit like "Good morning beautiful". Kinda cringe but she liked it.

But yeah, it's one of those things that's hard to really... explain. I've never really looked at the evolution of flirting, but it's literally as simple as inching towards each other. And, yeah, each successive "scaling up" is going to feel risky, but it feels pretty damn good when it takes.
>>
>>18355624
Alright, that's reasonable. Thanks.

>Good morning beautiful

That's a good one. She doesn't have a photo on her profile for physical compliment fodder. Is there a casual way to ask for one? At what stage does it make sense to do so?
>>
>>18355579
>asexual
:-D

>long distance
You dont do long distance. You DONT.

If you mean it for sure with the asexual thing, ask her about you moving there or her moving to you. Your only option to really get somewhere.

>>18355650
Ask her to send you timestamped photo so you get the idea of how ugly fat she is. Do not fall for LDR. Move or find other girl.
>>
>>18355653
I'm portable, I'll move wherever on a whim at least once I graduate. Is LDR sustainable for two years?

It is basically unavoidable as an asexual in the middle of fucking nowhere. The nearest city with more than like 3 asexuals on OkCupid is a $300 flight away. The number of reasonable females near me that can at least tolerate a relationship without sex is very small and it's difficult to determine if someone fits that description.

I figure it makes sense to try LDR for two years. If it works out, great; if it doesn't, I just start from scratch then with better portability.

>Ask her to send you timestamped photo so you get the idea of how ugly fat she is.

"hey can you send me a photo so I can verify how ugly you are"

Smooth.

FWIW (not a lot) her profile says she's thin and includes an attractive sketch of herself.
>>
>>18355700
>two years
No. Even two months are dangerous for certain type if people.

But you can still do it provided you have no better option. You can play some online videogame with her, chat, exchange nudes, stuff you do to not feel lonely.

>smooth
Well, considered the fact that you wont get horny, you dont even need to extract nudes. Just ask her to describe herself for you. That you are curious. Basics of conversation is to ask people to talk about themselves.

People love to talk about themselves and about stuff they do.

But hey, if you are really asexual, what is her visual for you? You shouldnt have problems dating males, females, rocks even. Right? Affection and cuddling is what you need, not sexual compatibility.
>>
>>18355650
It's pretty reasonable to ask to see a pic pretty early. I mean, you can go with the tried and true "It helps me to visualize who I'm talking to better to see a pic."

I once got a metric ton of selfies off a super-shy muslim girl who didn't post her pics online after our conversation moved to *my* profile pic. Like I mentioned something about it, like talking about the dog I was holding in the pic, or about how I really needed a haircut in the pic. She makes some comment in response to that, also talking about the pic. I say something like, "Hm. Well you have me at a disadvantage!" or asking something about what she looks like... it's not hard desu.

And if she's super-reluctant to send any pics... honestly OP, it's not likely to work.
>>
>>18355711
>But hey, if you are really asexual, what is her visual for you? You shouldnt have problems dating males, females, rocks even. Right?

I experience aesthetic attraction but yeah it's not very important. I'd prefer not to spend my life staring at a cow, and an attractive partner reflects well on me, but these aren't deal-breakers.

Mainly a photo is useful flirtation material (>>18355624).
>>
If you haven't already, you could try saying you really like her and see what she says. Or even straight up ask if she'd be your girlfriend. You could try skyping to see how you get along. Voice and mannerisms would help fill in the picture.

Maybe it's weird, but I liked writing letters and sending packages. You could ask her how she feels about meeting and when would be good. If you play video games, you could play some online together. Or watch movies together. These are ways to spend time together and have something in common when you don't have your location in common.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.