[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am more than halfway through my pregnancy and I am still smoking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 8

File: 33.jpg (69KB, 1050x590px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
69KB, 1050x590px
I am more than halfway through my pregnancy and I am still smoking weed.
I tried to stop for a bit during my first couple of months, but I was absolutely miserable. I felt sick all the time, throwing up pretty much everything I ate or drank. I ended up dehydrated and had to go in for fluids. I went back to smoking weed every day and I've been eating, drinking, and feeling much better.
I literally can't go a day without smoking otherwise I'll endlessly puke up spit and stomach acid.

I don't like being THIS dependent on smoking weed.

I'd like to take some breaks from smoking here and there because my tolerance is going way up, and I cough a lot.
I've tried literally everything the doctor told me to help with the nausea and nothing worked.

I don't know if I should call this morning sickness or just stress and anxiety. Either way, I need advice as to how to feel better.
>>
Get edibles if you can.
>>
put the kid up for adoption, addicts tend to make terrible parents.
>>
>>18355272
>pregnant
>using drugs
Dont worry. Your child will work as karma against you. You are basically setting it up for failed life. And if you will ever wonder why is your kid so shitty and where have you made the mistake, you will have clear answer.

You are the mistake.
>>
>>18355290
My mom smoked with me.
Im currently working in construction making $35 an hour starting fresh out of being a apprentice, i graduated highschool early in my senior year, passing with 9 extra credits, and i have done well in my life up to this point, its not alcohol anon.
>>
>>18355287
>addicts
>cannabis
Kek. Grow up anon. Learn who os what before you assume.
>>
>>18355310
>My mom smoked with me.

This has never been a compelling argument, why do people still use it?
>>
>>18355287
>>18355290

I smoke weed, not crack.
I know it can be a setback on the me and my baby, but so can many other common things.
Like drinking caffeine during pregnancy. Stress.
And giving into throwing up all the time. Dehydration. It would probably be worse for my baby if i put up with the stress of puking everyday. That is why I smoke, to relieve that stress from me AND my baby. Now i'm trying to find a way to help me and my baby that does not include weed. So right there, I am taking the right step.

No one is perfect.
Not even you.
Tell me, what traits do you have that would make you a terrible parent? I know there's a few for everyone.
>>
It's called detoxing you stupid lady !! Weed is addictive and takes about 2 full weeks for symptoms to go away. I feel the same exact way every couple of months when I quit. Detox or say hello to child protective services for me !!!!!
>>
>>18355314
Because i know great parents and kids that have smoked/where born from that position.
Also, it effects your endocannabinoid system overall, it's not really fucking you up like you think it is.

Also, quiting anything while pregnant that causes stress is worst then continued use. For instance, if you smoke ciggeretes, that last thing you want to do is quit smoking them. It harms the baby.
>>
>>18355315
If you don't want your baby to suffer the negative effects that smoking causes, get THC in a different form. It's probably not gonna be easy but it's worth their health at least.
>>
>>18355321
What doctor did you hear this from? Because no doctor will tell you that.
>>
>>18355320
Detoxification from weed isnt bad compaired to pills or alcohol. Im 3 months clean from 8 years of use, i didn't have one symptom and i grow my own.
Alcohol on the other hand (which has the deadliest form of withdrawls) FUCKED me up hard. Litteraly gave me a seizure, from just 1 year of daily use.

And detoxification fucks the baby up anon, that stress could litteraly kill the baby.
>>
File: 1489514433968.png (22KB, 485x443px) Image search: [Google]
1489514433968.png
22KB, 485x443px
>>18355320
>mom on probation

how do people manage this shit
>>
>>18355327
??? Are you fucking retarded mate? THE LAST thing you want to do is quit ciggeretes!!
And thats what my doctor told my GF. I'm a dad anon...
>>
>>18355333
There are nicotine patches and gums that I'm sure the doctor would reccommend in place of continued smoking. So you aren't STILL smoking by the time the baby is born and breathing air.
>>
>>18355327
Doctors can be just as biased about this.
Also, there are some that would agree. Check the states where marijuana is legalized now. Women have already been prescribed to help with the stress and pain.
Only difference is that it is in standard doses, formulations, and is FDA approved when you get it from a doctor.
>>
>>18355334
>assuming nicotine is the only addictive substance in ciggeretes
God you really don't know what your talking about.
>>
>>18355315
Alright.
https://www.addictionsandrecovery.org/marijuana.htm
Keep smoking weed. I am curious how will you explain to your teenager that weed will stop his brain growing and turn him into lazy pothead who will struggle to finish high school.
>but mom, you smoke!

The only real advice is to consult your doctor about what option is the best.

>>18355310
Logical fallacy.
>one guy won lottery, so if you have debts, start betting

OP, go to doctor, get something to counter vomiting and stop fuckibg smoking. Or just dump the baby to trash. Your choice.

>sorry for being edgy, but imho you are damaging your baby before it is even born.
>>
>>18355337
>Check the states where marijuana is legalized now.

This is all well and good but what if you live in one of the shitty states that (Chris Christie is in charge of for example) so you're fucked all across the board? Not OP btw.
>>
>>18355339
how much did big tobacco pay you for your shitpost, fag?
>>
>>18355341
>Assuming i wasn't healthy
>>
>>18355346
Look up whats in ciggeretes then get back to me XD. And im anti ciggeretes/tobacco
>>
>>18355347
>be poorfag burger parent with criminal record
>"look this baby is so healthy, it has all four limbs and it's head is still attatched to it's body"
>>
>/adv/ recommending women continue to smoke weed and cigarettes during pregnancy
thats it
im done
fuck this site
>>
>>18355352
It is just one crazy dude anon.

No need to throw pants into river when you spot retard. And imho you are here for same reason as me: to read fucked up stories like op delivered. You couldnt make up shit like this.
>>
>>18355351
My parents are buisness owners making $112k a year and cannabis has been medical in california the same year i was born (1996)
I make $36 an hour in construction and I've went through 2 years of being a apprentice

You know whats worst then a cannabis user? A judgmental/ignorant cunt
>>
>>18355352
Im not saying to smoke retard. Just don't quit. It's more harm then good.
Also, I'm against ciggertes but quiting those is deadly while pregnant.
>>
lot of butthurt anti weed smokeers itt lmoa
>>
File: 1395540762954.jpg (47KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
1395540762954.jpg
47KB, 552x414px
>>18355359
>>
>>18355272
If you are smoking it with tobacco then you are damaging the baby. You should get edibles. Smoking is disgusting especially for a mother. You are a disgrace.
>>
>>18355359
Stop throwing your life as a proof that weed is safe for everybody. It is logical fallacy!

https://www.addictionsandrecovery.org/marijuana.htm
>IQ declined by 6 point on average.
>marijuana is neurotoxic to the adolescent brain
>young women of the group who were daily users had a five time greater chance of developing depression.
>Marijuana users are 4 times more likely to develop depression
>Marijuana almost triples the chance of developing psychotic symptoms.
>Marijuana is one of the most difficult drugs to give up

>>18355365
Free (You) for you anon. Deserved.
>>
>This whole thread
Rehab rehab bo-behab
Banana fana fo-fehab
Me my mo mehab
Rehab!
>>
>>18355365
T H I S

>>18355374
I used to be pro weed until I quit and realized how empty it made my life. Its an addiction that ruins your health, motivation, and wallet.
>>
>>18355374
>getting "facts" from a addiction recovery website

God damn your retarded aren't you?
I get my information from a text book called "the primer of drug use", a book for college students in drug education classes.
Just saying.
>>
>>18355378
Guess different strokes for different folks. Since i quit i haven't felt shit on what your describing anon.
>>
File: 1483978933020.jpg (15KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1483978933020.jpg
15KB, 600x375px
>>18355382
>he really thinks that's a better source
>>
>>18355382
Questioning the reliability and objectivity of sources is always good, but
1. You post no source
2. You would ideally need to point studies telling us how good weed is for developing brain and how it help stopping depression and preventing psychozis showing up (which doesnt exist btw)
3. Please, have your baby smoke weed and later tell us how did the whole parenting go. You can make a research on it.
4. If you actually went to that site, its claims have [sources] which goes even deeper to actual "science" and stuff.

And really, i want to see the op, who cant even drop addiction to weed how will she successfuly raise her child.
>>
>>18355390
Addiction recovery also said i could never get over alcohol without help but here i am 4 months clean...
Also, i do think it's better then a website with no scientific background. When i asked them about quiting weed the claimed i would have withdrawls.
Just to see i quit cold turkey and nothing happend soooo...
>>
>>18355312
???? she literally says she throws up and feels sick if she doesn't smoke every day. that's an addict.
>>
>>18355403
>let your baby smoke weed

My mom smoked while she was pregnant with me. Im a smart person and was a smart child, i was a honor roll student till highschool and graduated early, i make $36 an hour and i am a proud parent to a healthy boy with no medical conditions. How os my life bad?
Also, never was schizophrenic nor did i have depression during my 6 years of use. I quit cold turkey no problem without withdrawls.
Compairing it to alcohol, cannabis is harmless.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>18355426
That's because of the baby dipshit.
>>
>>18355426
An addict? No. Felling sick and throwing up is because of weeds effect on the liver thats upsetting the stomach.
Look up withdrawls man. They aren't "feeling sick"
I smoked for 6 years EVERYDAY. quit cold turkey and didn't see one issue. If she wasn't pregnant, there wouldnt he throwing up or sickness
>>
For everyone who says OP can't drop the addiction of weed,
I'll add that I am not going through withdrawls from quitting smoking. I've quit just fine before when I wasn't pregnant.

Being pregnant just fucking sucks for some woman. The baby takes so much out of you as it grows inside of you. You lose nutrients, get fatigued, and nauseous.
Not all pregnancies are a walk in the park. Some woman have morning sickness all day throughout the entire pregnancy, smoking weed or not.
My doctor even told me, the constant sickness can cause issues later in the pregnancy. And can make giving birth even more difficult than it already is.

I'm not looking for an alternative because I feel that I am struggling with quitting weed. I'm looking for an alternative because I don't want to smoke every day. Because there has to be some other way for me to feel better besides JUST weed.
>>
oh great another retard baby to a selfish whore of a mother that I get to pay taxes to support.

also, this thread is a whole lot of retardation. most of you should not be allowed to vote.
>>
>>18355441
Great bait.
>>
>>18355441

Well firstly, the father and I combined make enough income that that I don't even qualify for any kind of state help. We're fully capable of living off the money we make AND buy ourselves some baggies of weed!
And second, I am sexually active with one person. The father of my baby.
We are both high school and college graduates with high positions in our jobs.
(Yea, another one of these arguments you prejudice shits seem to hate so much.)
>>
>>18355430
http://lucidphilosophy.com/7-cherry-picking/

Make yourself a favor and read this. I seriously hope you are just baiting me for more (You)s, but maybe you really are just stupid. Educate yourself.

Learn how to have logical thinking and debate or never reply to me or my posts ever again.

Thank you.

>>18355439
Please, consult with your doctor.
>>
>>18355446
no I'm dead serious. most of you people need to have the dick and pot slapped out of your hands. OP is going to have a literal retard baby and my taxes are going to end up paying for it. meanwhile I have to bust ass to get a job that pays at least 100k so that after half gets taken in tax I can still somewhat afford to have a RESPONSIBLE family of my own.

OP is a worthless person and a blight on civilization.
>>
>>18355272
Edibles +1. Or thalidamide
>>
>>18355457
no, you don't get it, the government gives you a tax break for that child, you are subsidized with my tax money for your retard baby. it doesn't matter if you make enough money, the government will still give you taxpayer money essentially. and i guarantee the medical and psych bills for that kid are going to outstrip your finances unless you're in the top couple percent and then you'll be turning to the government.

and you're still a selfish cunt choosing weed over the health of your child. absolutely worthless.
>>
>>18355465
The odds of her having a retard baby are a lot lower than yours. Your temper and over the top reaction to this post is correlated to retarded development in children, smoking pot, even daily, is not.
>>18355472
You too. Your anger is far more detrimental to a child than smoking pot.
>>
>>18355473
>anger because someone is willfully hurting their child, that you are then going to have to pay for, while it impacts your ability to have your own family, is retarded.
nah, thinking that taking drugs while pregnant isn't going to affect your baby is retarded. forcing me to support and enable your inability to act right, is retarded. and doing it in such a way that the mass of people like OP that our government supports directly impinges on my ability to support a healthy family of my own? that's retarded.

the fuck out of here with your bait.
>>
File: 1470524075195.png (12KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470524075195.png
12KB, 246x200px
>>18355481
Sure. But the facts say that your anger and uncomfortably short fuse are correlated to delayed potty training, reading, starting school, IQ score, almost any other measure of childhood development. But yeah, keep on keeping on, bro.
>>
>>18355481

Let me tell you, you're paying for some way worse people out there.
People who actually have criminal records and fuck up their lives far worse than smoking some weed ever could.
How will you survive happily knowing that?
You gonna go rage in some other corner now?
Get over yourself.
>>
>>18355481
You know who is retarded?
You.
Now go kill yourself you worthless sack of shit
>>
>>18355432
babby doesn't cause sick and vomiting to the extent she is complaining of 4.5 months in dipshit
>>
>>18355481
You are right.

But your baiters are also right. You need to learn how to controll your emotions and be a bit more positive.

And how to not derail thread about preggos smoking weed claiming it is healthy for the babies.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 450x259px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 450x259px
>this whole thread filled with addicts justifying drug usage during pregnancy
>>
>>18355486
sure, except i was potty trained before most, reading at a college level at like 10, have a legitimately tested IQ of 137, and was inexplicably popular in high school with the football team all being cool to the varsity golf guy for no reason.

the high IQ and ability to recognize patterns and understand interrelated statistics is why I'm in no way supportive of OP. I wouldn't care if the government didn't force me to be linked to OP in some way.
>>18355487
no, I don't rage in corners. I help put pressure on politicians and society at large while finding the smallest foothold to get the people making things shit, out.
lol I'm not even anywhere near as butthurt about it as you people make it out. though the truth that she's harming her baby and that the government makes it so that the group of people that she is a part of in aggregate, affects me and my ability to form my own healthy family, really seems to hit your emotional buttons.
>>
>>18355509
no, they fabricated an image of me raging and throwing a fit when the reality is that I'm cleaning my place, about to go clean the garage and my car, and just have some good right wing speeches as background noise, occasionally checking a few threads.

I'm disgusted, I'm disappointed, I'm frustrated that this is considered okay and normal, but to say that I'm angry and raging right now is fake news.
>>
Now I used to smoke a lot of weed for some time until I got bored with it, I don't hate weed, but to do it during pregnancy?

Sorry but that is fucking stupid, weed is not addictive but it's not inoffensive either, no matter what exuses you try to put, weed will eventually make you fucking stupid and can turn a person insane, very very rarely, but it can. Considering we still don't know shit about what things you can transfer to your kids through genes, that's a very dumb thing to do.
>>
>>18355614
we do though, you can transfer what amounts to the lifetime of experiences on your body to your children. I say can cause it's not fully understood yet. look up epigenetics.

everything you do affects everything else. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-sYDf0YGv4
>>
>>18355312
>can't stop
>not addicted
>>
>>18355625

I don't know anything about that, I'm just saying it's a dumb risk.

Weed is not addictive but the THC stays in your body for a long time, and it's effect on your brain is not exactly good.
>>
>>18355585
> I help put pressure on politicians
t.) posts anti-trump image macros on reddit
>>
>>18355352
That guy is either trolling or retarded.
>>
>>18355364
wew lad (these captchas are getting fucking ridiculous)
>>
>>18355465
My mom smoked weed and I now make $36 an hour. This proves that it has no effect.
>>
How fucking immature can you be to not at least stop smoking while you're fucking pregnant?

This is insane, OP please put your kid for adoption because you're apparently so selfish you don't even care a out their health
>>
>>18355645
>weed is not addictive

You can be addicted to literally anything
>>
File: wrong.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>18355664
>anti-trump
>>18355720
mate there are people that believe the pyramids were grain silos running the country. that proves nothing.
>>
>>18355731

No shit, I meant that weed doesn't cause chemical addiction like alcohol, cigs or coke.
>>
>>18355736
And?
>>
>>18355731
By that definition you're addicted to water.
>>
>>18355473
this. idk y anyone would come here for any kind of advice. the user base here has an avg iq of 75 and only a hs diploma.

>4chan is literally full of retarded know nothings who push their opinions as incontrovertible fact
>>
>>18355585
>muh high iq

literally proof ur 100 percent full of shiy. neck yourself my dude
>>
>>18355593
everyone here knows you dont have a house fuckwad. no one cares that ur sperging out. keep it up.
>>
>>18355585
I meant you, not your parents. I look cringed hard reading this, your IQ? kys
>>
Studies done by Dr. Shayna Conner found that there is no negative effect of cannabis use on the child during pregnancy.

It's actually super helpful. Avoid blunts, though. If you have to do it try edibles, vaporizers, or a form without combustion. If it comes down to it at LEAST use a joint and never tobacco
>>
This thread is filled with anti drug propaganda. stop listening to governments you toolbags. jfc.
>>
>>18355799
>>18355811
tested by a licensed psychologist as part of Duke university TIP program when I was 14.
>>18355807
didn't say house. my place is a townhome. lol the only sperg in here is you people.
>>
>>18355815
can you help me understand this? I read
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/wk/aog/2016/00000128/00000004/art00015
and it says ". Based on pooled unadjusted data, marijuana use during pregnancy was associated with an increased risk of low birth weight (15.4% compared with 10.4%, pooled relative risk [RR] 1.43, 95% confidence interval [CI] 1.27–1.62) and preterm delivery (15.3% compared with 9.6%, pooled RR 1.32, 95% CI 1.14–1.54). However, pooled data adjusted for tobacco use and other confounding factors showed no statistically significant increased risk for low birth weight (pooled RR 1.16, 95% CI 0.98–1.37) or preterm delivery (pooled RR 1.08, 95% CI 0.82–1.43)."
>>
My mom smoked weed. I make $36 an hour now.
>>
>>18355889
I'm going to meme you. this needs to be a meme.
>>
when even pregnancy cant get you to stop smoking weed omg. the great thing about weed is the choice to smoke it your taking that choice away from your child which is gay. if this is a real mom your a fucking idiot.
>>
>>18355365
accurate
>>
>>18355889
Not that anon but are you retarded or somthing?
>>
>>18355928
>needs to be a meme

Is it summer already?
>>
>>18356069
>doesn't like memes
>hanging out on a serbian meme sweatshop employee site
>>
>>18356118
It's summer already
>>
>>18355432
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK

YOU KNOW YOU ARE BAD ON SHIT WHEN YOU SAY THIS SHIT AFTER SHE SAYS BEING "MONTHS IN"
>>
From what I understand, research on the effects of cannabis on foetuses is limited and not conclusive.

Given this uncertainty, I think you know what the responsible choice is.

You gotta continue to smoke that chronic. For science.
>>
CBD Oil
>>
You're already a piece of shit mother and should just do the right thing and put it up for adoption immediately since you're not going to get any better at being a mother.

Sort out your life before thinking about making a new one.
>>
>>18355312
>hurr i need muh weed just to get through the day
>implying that isnt textbook addiction
>>
>>18355272 my ex smoked when she was pregnant. not often tho, just to help with morning sickness. her daughter came out fine, natural birth and all that. her daughter started walking at 7 months, communicating and interacting with ppl at 10 months. pretty smart kid if u ask me, it is how u carry urself when u smoke when it comes down to it. my ex is an amazing mom to her child.
>>
>>18355312
She sounds pretty addicted. Even if the nausea is just a side effect of her pregnancy. Her coping method, her crutch is clearly weed. That's an addiction.
>>
>>18355272
why hasnt your doctor prescribed any pills for your nausea?
have you tried ginger root? there are also ginger pills, tea or ginger ale. saltines or crackers work well too. you also have to drink way more water when youre pregnant.

a lot of women stop feeling nauseous by their 2nd or 3rd trimester so you can always wait until then?

if you are going to do weed then you definitely should not fucking smoke it. you should eat or drink it (like hot tea) in small doses.

when your baby comes you need to stop taking it because youll need to breast feed.
>>
>>18355272
I'm 6 months pregnant and used to smoke a lot too. I had such bad morning sickness I lost weight my first trimester and had to go get IV fluids a few times. I got a prescription for anti nausea meds that helped a lot. I had the same stuff happen with my first pregnancies. I smoked and my kid is ok but really you should try getting other medication and a lot of the puking gets better after about 16+ weeks. You'll still fell sick sometimes but not all the time like in the first bit
>>
Hopefully it's not too late to abort your damaged fetus. Get your tubes tied afterwards.
>>
>>18355315
Getting dehydrated from puking al the time can make you go into preterm labor. Just ask your dr for a prescription of zulfram, that's what I take it helps. Try to cut way back on the pot like only smoke as little as possible and use a little less every day
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.