[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

skinny and self conscious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

I don't know what's wrong with me /adv/..

I'm 5'9 and 125lbs, i'm always worried about what people will think about me, seeing as i'm skinny and all, i always try to wear long sleeves to hide my pencil thick arms.

This has always affected my way with girls, i'm always worried i'm not good enough because of that, gaining weight isn't really possible as i was diagnosed with hypermetabolism.

I always talk to girls, make them laugh, but never get any further than that, my mentality is fucked up.

How can i stop carrying about my weight?
What can i do?
>>
how many calories do you eat per day? how many grams of protein? what's your weightlifting routine like?
>>
This stuff is always being advertized on tv.

https://www.cb1weightgainer.com/

I honestly don't know how effective it is and I also have a pretty fast metabolism. 5'6", 128-130 or so pounds. Perhaps that seems normal? I dunno. They say though, that skinny people live longer with less complications due to cholesterol n such, nice bonus I guess? I dunno how true that is either, probably circumstancial.
>>
>>18355197
circumstantial*
>>
>>18355188

I don't lose or gain weight, it's insane.
I tried 1000 calories a day, then 1500 a day.
i tried a weight gainer for a couple of months and eating 3000 calories a day but no avail.

I don't lift weights at all, seems pointless if i don't get bigger and stronger.

>>18355197
I wish i was at least 160lbs, everyone always says you need to be comfortable in your own body to succeed, but i'm not, and i can't really change it which is really a bummer.
>>
>>18355200
eat at least 2500 calories a day, make sure you eat 60-70 grams of protein, and start lifting weights. don't stop after a couple months, do it for like a year.
>>
>>18355200
I'm starting to think sugar in my diet is one of the worst contributors, so I'm avoiding it to see if there's a change. I get the feeling sugar is just deteriorating my muscle build up.
>>
>>18355197
what the fuck is this shit?
>>
Plenty of girls like skinny guys. If you want to feel more confident, you might try exercise just to feel stronger and have better posture. I don't know if that'd lower your weight further though, might have to ask your doctor. Your doctor may have weight gaining tips as well, but again being skinny doesn't mean unattractive as long as you feel healthy.
>>
zyprexa is a drug which has side effect of asymptotic weight gain. it will be impossible for you to not gain weight on this
>>
Try eating you jerk. Lots of fluids too. And fat girls love skinny guys. Trust me the fat girls are worried about their looks more than yours.
>>
>>18355324
I hate this shit lol I'm skinny but I can't stand fat girls, but they eat me up heh
>>
>>18355200
Protein is dependent on your weight. 0.6g per lbs as a estimate. So about 175 grams. Try to eat more carbs aswell, and add some fat and calories. Sugar builds are nasty amd you get suger through protein as it breaks down into glucagon in your pancreas.
>>
Stop thinking about girls as fleshlights who you get to put your dick into if you say the right combination of words. This is the most important step one must take to transition from self-conscious shyboi to normie. This is gonna seem hard at first, but it'll come easily in time, and the benefits will be well worth it. When you next end up in a conversation with a pretty girl, just do your best to imagine you're talking to a dude - be polite, be respectful, try to find common interests to talk about, just talk to her as though she's a human being, rather than a puzzle to be solved - if she wants to fug, she'll let you know. You'd honestly be surprised by how many girls are fine with fucking us auschwitz-tier dudes, even if it may seem as though they just want ripped Chads (pro-tip: hipster girls, especially, are big on skinny guys).
Oh, and also dress well and maybe take up a cool hobby if you don't already have one - if your only interests are movies and video games then you'll just come across as boring.

Source: I am 21, 6'1", 125lbs and have slept with 9 girls since losing virginity at 18 (I, too, was once a self-conscious skinny dude).
>>
>>18355318
An antipsychotic solely to gain weight? Bad advice
>>
>>18355200
>I tried 1000 calories a day, then 1500 a day.
so nothing and then nothing?
>i tried a weight gainer for a couple of months
a what
>and eating 3000 calories a day but no avail.
that's what I (6' 140lbs) eat and I'm not trying to gain weight. step it up bitch
>>
do they sell pizza where you live
>>
>>18356099
>g per lbs
you deserve death
>>
>>18355180
search for calorie calculators. They should have a bulking formula. Follow it strictly and work out on a strict schedule. Give it a couple months and you should have your problems fixed.
>>
>>18355180
hypermetabolism does not exist, if it did, you would have several nutritional deficiencies. doctors just tell you this because they dont want to dig deeper. the truth is that your eating habits are psychological. let me ask you, do you bounce your leg a lot and do other repetitive body movements?
>>
File: prrrrrrr.gif (1MB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
prrrrrrr.gif
1MB, 245x160px
>>18355180
>>
>>18356334
>do you bounce your leg a lot and do other repetitive body movements?

Not OP but what do these things signal?
>>
>>18356237
You just talk to then without the intention of anything and they eventually throw themselves at you?
I mean you don't try to kiss them or anything?
Also what are the your hobbies for example.
>>
>>18357386
I mean, they generally don't throw themselves at me, usually it's just subtle indicators in the way they speak and their body language (eg. they're giving me compliments, casually touching me, or giving me looks) which indicate that I have a shot. Hell, I've never been let down when approaching a girl after making decent eye contact with her at a party/bar/etc. The important thing to remember is that you don't try to flirt with a girl until she shows at least some sign of interest first. Pickup artists and dudebros all across the planet will tell you that the only way to be successful with girls is to be almost aggressively over-confident - walking right up to random girls on the street and flirting with them without shame. They'll tell you that it's because girls never make the first move and that it's up to the guy to initiate. They're wrong - girls will make the first move more often than you'd expect, it's just that they tend to be way more subtle about it. It's up to you to notice these signals and reciprocate. Sure, yeah, learning "the lines" and going right up to every girl you think is cute and delivering those lines will work some of the time, but that requires a whole lot of self-confidence, and for every 1 girl you hook up with using that method, there'll be at least 5 other girls who now think you're a creepy, desperate weirdo who just finished reading The Game. Talking to girls without having intentions (until you can detect that they have intentions) is probably the most important thing to remember though, because they can sense it when all you wanna do is bang them.

Kissing is pretty dependent on context, I suppose. If you're out and there are drinks and dancing, going in for a kiss after having bought her a drink/danced with her/had a flirty conversation with her is not a bad idea. Any other situation is obviously a big no-no.

As for my hobbies, I play a bit of piano, D&D, and I like /mu/-core music and /fa/shion.
>>
>>18355180
>I don't know what's wrong with me /adv/..

>I'm 5'9 and 125lbs

That's literally exactly what's wrong with you. A 5'9" man is not supposed to weigh 125lbs. I'm 5'8" and I weigh 170lbs on a bad day (ie a day I weigh less). I have pretty low body fat and mostly muscle from eating and lifting a lot.

>>18355200
Yeah you should be eating like 4000+ calories a day.

Honestly you need to forcefully shove calories into yourself to the point where it feels uncomfortable and you're going to puke, and then drink like an entire liter of milk on top of it.

And here's the important part: you have to keep doing it. Constantly. Forever. You have to basically adapt to being a person who eats 2-3x as much food as you do now.

You need to eat so much food your farts are going to smell god awful for the next month at least. It's all worth it.

Also your insecurities are entirely based on reality. I used to weight 130lbs and girls never wanted anything to do with me, some would just straight up make fun of how skinny I was. Once I got up to like 165lbs girls reacted differently to me. The fact is if you're underweight you're going to be weak, and every girl on this planet wants a man who's strong. So yes, girls do find your skinniness unattractive, I learned that the hard way too. Nowadays I get a lot more compliments on my body, more interest from women and just an easier time dating in general.

Basically you're eating like a teenaged girl, so you feel like a teenaged girl.
>>
>>18357454
>>18356237
Also don't listen to this guy. What will get you far more options with women is not looking like you walked out of Auschwitz. Like he's right in terms of understanding the psychology of dealing with women, but he's also at an age where girls have no standards and fuck anybody.

If you want to consistently attract women, you have to be a healthy weight. At that point the actually talking to them will just be easier. It's true, the less attractive you are the more you have to work to woo over a woman. If you're some rich ass sexy guy, you probably have zero game because you don't have to say shit to most women. And naturally the more fit you are the more you're probably just going to attract more women by accident. Every single woman on this Earth is attracted to fit, healthy men. Something which 5'9" 125lbs simply isn't.

1000-1500 calories a day is nothing. I usually eat that much food before noon. If you have high metabolism you need to eat a lot more a lot more often.
>>
>>18357543
>Every girl on this planet wants a man who's strong

Ah, I see you live in Hollywood-Cliche-Land. There's no shortage of girls who dig skinny guys, I dunno where you got the idea from that these girls don't exist. Perhaps you didn't have any luck with girls when you were skinny because you have a hideous face?
>>
>>18357585
I'm handsome as fuck. What I'm saying is even the girls who fucked you would rather fuck some guy who didn't look anemic. Also you're 21, if you can't get laid in college when girls are retarded and have no standards, you're a moron. End of story. I've never had a problem getting laid, I've had a significantly easier time after actually being at a healthy weight. Neither of you are.

If you want to ignore the fact that everyone prefers someone who's actually healthy, that's fine. If you want to ignore the fact that a 125lbs man is underweight even if you're 5'2", that's fine. What I'm telling you is that not only will those girls who "prefer" skinny guys (spoiler alerts: they don't, they're just settling for you) be interested in you still (more interested in you, more willing to let you get away with bullshit), other girls who weren't interested in you before will be interested now. Like yes there are girls who will fuck fatasses, I'm just telling you the vast majority of women prefer it that you're not.

So if you want to be anorexic and have a smaller dating pool, that's fine. If you want to have a healthy weight and actually attract much more women and also help yourself avoid the various health problems and physical frailty that comes with being underweight, then yes, eat more food and lift some weights. What you do with this advice is your prerogative.
>>
>>18357454
>don't flirt with a girl until she indicates interest
>approach random girls and flirt with them
>>
>>18357591
lol what dude.
You said girls wanted nothing to do with you when you were 130lbs in your last post, yet in this post you've "never had a problem getting laid?"
>you're 21, if you can't get laid in college when girls are retarded and have no standards, you're a moron.
I can get laid, very easily, as I mentioned in my earlier post, which is why I'm the one offering OP advice beyond 'eat more faget' which has already been espoused numerous times in this thread.

>they're settling for you
lmao mighty big assumption there m8. I pull off androgyny pretty damn well - so I get attention from a lot of bi (and closeted) girls. Not to mention all the straight girls who fucking love the look, and the confidence required to pull it off.

I'm sorry you had to resort to force-feeding yourself to make up for your disgusting face, and succumbing to societal pressures to be the type of man they want you to be, just to feel good about yourself, but there's no need to force that shit on us my dude.
>>
>>18357617
You've had sex with 9 girls in your life. You're 21. You're in college. When girls didn't want anything to do with me at 21 I had those kind of numbers, because I would just try and put myself out there and try despite how much negative reactions I got. I'm an indian manlet (read: the guy 90% of women don't want, no matter how much they say they're not racist or whatever) and I had sex with as many girls as you did at your age, from the sounds of things you're some tall white guy (ie the guy who has such an easy time hooking up it's just stupid). You can make fun of that last statement all you want, white guys will never understand how much worse Indian men are treated by women no matter what you have going for you in life, how you act or what you behave like. All the statistics and anecdotes back this up. At the end of the day, the deck is stacked against you. Now I don't have to do shit, girls talk to me randomly while I sit around in jeans with a drug dealer tshirt. What I'm telling you is it becomes much, much easier once you develop a healthy weight. Better yet you don't have to resort to androgyny. 125 lbs is simply never going to be a healthy weight for a man, and universally everyone prefers healthier people.

Like honestly man, you're wasting your potential. You're settling for being a 125 lbs white guy in a market where being a 6'1" white guy who lifts basically ensures that random hot chicks want to hook up with you for no reason. You wouldn't have to do any androgyny nonsense. Guys like me have to actually try and put in effort to pull hot girls. If you think having sex with 9 girls is a lot, you're clearly still a young kid. And like I said, what you do with this advice is your own prerogative.
>>
Being skinny is the best health problem you can have from a social perspective. Thanks to the fucked up beauty standards of today most people are actually envious of you and wish they were as skinny as you are.

Stop giving a fuck and pay attention next time someone points out your weight and make a comeback with "I actually eat a lot but just can't gain weight" even if it isn't true, this will destroy people's self-steem and will never mess with you again.
>>
Lift and eat more.

The world doesnt want to hear excuses just get someone to show you how to hold the bar right,put as much weight as you can comfortably lift,then add a bit more.BOOM,thats your threshold.Do it until that feels comfortable and then add more repeat that for a few years every other day and your life will be better.

It wont happen over night but no one is going to magically give you muscles you must earn them.
>>
>>18355180
> i was diagnosed with hypermetabolism.
>i tried a weight gainer for a couple of months and eating 3000 calories a day but no avail.

do people even read OP's posts or just assume he's not eating enough?
so many retards with /fit/ replies

>eat more fgt xd
He isn't looking for ways to gain weight as it's impossible for him, he's looking for ways to stop CARING.

holy fuck some people are retarded..
>>
>>18357684
Girls would love to have that "problem", but most girls don't want to sleep with skinny men.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.