[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enlisting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Thinking of enlisting. Can anyone talk me out of it.
>>
No don't do iiiiit...
>>
>>18354987
Do it, its basically an excuse to get drunk every night and party every weekend.

My personal advice is to pick a job you wont be able to do in civilian life. Something either combat, or intelligence, or something to do with weapons. Once youre out youll never be able to do any mil specific things, so if you ever wondered what it would like to drive a tank or learn how to gunsmith military type weapons, or learn how to scout or do squad tactics, you wont be able to as a civ.

Dont pick a job because it will transfer to civ. It wont. All civ cares about, even fed, is that you have a degree and 2-3 years of generic experience.

I did 4 years in intel, and after getting out, i was competing for jobs against civs straight out of uni with a 4 year degree and zero work exp. I ended up using gi bill to get a degree, and travel. And now work for fed as an intel GS9.

I regret not learning actual mil shit, because i could have got this job without any work exp.

Buddy of mine tried for FBI with same work exp, and degree, but they wanted LEO experience so he ended up getting a masters in forensics, and working as a reserve cop in the mean time.
>>
>>18355132
Cont

Also while youre in, make sure to apply for every training you can.

Get youre free motorcycle license, apply for tactical schools that are mil only, order expensive guns for cheap or are mil only, and save at least 500$ a month until youre out. Then buy a house with the VA loan, rent it out or live in for a year, then flip the house for a profit and buy all the dream toys you want
>>
>>18355132
I don't drink and I don't party
I'm out of shape (not fat at least )
I'm >>18355109

So basically my life is forfeit
>>
>>18354987
If you sign up make sure you ask for security clearance as a sign-up bonus. It's not important in there, but tons of well-paying jobs revolve around people just needing clearance, and I hear they're comfy as shit too.

My advice would be don't do it, as you're basically signing off a few years of life, but if you want to, go ahead.
>>
>>18355135
If you dont drink or party, does that mean you dont socialize?

If you have a degree go officer. If youre on the fence about military, go reserve officer. You get all the work experience minus the work, for your resume.
>>
>>18355149
I do socialize it's just that I dislike parties, and have never had nor felt the need to drink alcohol. I've never even had coffee before
>>
>>18355153
I can relate to the no cofee, but if youre completely anti socially drinking you might not be able to hand regular army. Youll feel left out alot.

But again, go reserve officer if u got a degree. All the mil benefits minus the actual work and pay. Unless you request to work.
>>
>>18355157
But I'm a little bitch anon, and I have no idea how working for the military works,do I have to pick a thing to do?

What do I military major in? Is there a frat?

Also I don't look down on people who drink and am not uncomfortable being around drunks, I just don't drink
>>
just enlist. don't worry about being antisocial. if you don't want to hang out with people then don't, if you do then do. the army will give you a sense of purpose at least for a while, and make you somewhat impressive to women.
>>
>>18355162
Okay, so

Enlisted, you pick a job and your equivalent of an entry level stock boy learning the job. Enlisted is great fir people in super debt and need income, basically an oh shit i need a job by next month type deal. You get to pick the job you want.

Officer, your the office manager equivalent, and you dont have to deal with 80% of military bullshit you read or hear about like cleaning cement in the rain with a mop type stuff. You dont get to pick job.

Now for reserves, this is for people who want mil benefits without the mil life. You show up one weekend a month and do online sustainment training and every so often you go out and do field training. You only get paid for the days you work so you need to get a real job. Benefit is that when you apply for real job you get veterans preference. In the reserves you pick jobs based off location of reserve base. That includes officers. Fyi you are basically a normal civ other than the 1 weekend a month you r in uniform.
>>
>>18355186
>Enlisted is great fir people in super debt and need income
They won't let you join with "super debt". A financial background check is part of the process.
>>
>>18355132
Wouldn't you intel types run off to all join the CIA/FBI?
>>
>>18354987
I think you should do it. You'll grow up a decent amount, get your school paid for, hella benefits, good experience, looks good on a resume so long as it isn't some pleb job but even then it's not so bad.
>>
>>18355417
Friend joined with 20k in credit cards. I was gonna join with 7k in tickets and legal fines, but TS clearance required i pay those off so i did.

>>18355445
Cant join fbi or cia without a 4 year degree. Even with work exp. The only jobs they hire out to those without education are the tactical and police jobs where exp trumps all.
>>
Giving your freedom away to your government to get shitty pay
>>
>>18354987
Enlist bro. It's not all that bad. You build character and a work ethic unlike anything.
It'll be rough, but it's worth especially if you don't know what you want for a career and can't muster up a decent alternative in the meantime.

Just... remember the comradier in the military will make you miss being in a unit sometimes.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.