[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't seem to get over ex wife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1252566712762877.jpg (13KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1252566712762877.jpg
13KB, 400x300px
Bit of backstory:
>Aug 2016 she brings up divorce
>We been having issues lately
>Grass looks greener on the other side so I agree
>Nov 2016 I move out of our house and back in with my parents
>Jan 2017 divorce is final
>Don’t speak to her until one night in March 2017
>We update each other how we are doing. We vent a little. Make each other laugh, then say goodnight. (conversation was an hour long)
>I cry as soon as we hang up.
>Wake up the next morning still crying and decide to text her.
>Tell her how difficult this is for me and I miss my best friend.
> She just replies with a sad face emoji.
>Feel like it was a moment of weakness for me.
>Dream about her almost every night
>She texts me a few days ago saying “I need to talk to you.”
>Thinking it’s something important.
>Turns out to be something stupid.
>Cry thinking about all the past memories with her.
>Cry more thinking about she’s not the same woman I fell in love with.
>>
(Cont.)
Why can’t I seem to just let it go? I’ve hooked up with 2 women since the divorce to help me forget about her but that hasn’t helped. I work out everyday, I have a hobby I have fun with, I’ve moved cities, started a new job, but she’s still the first person I think about when I wake up and the last person I think about when I go to sleep.

I’ve been tempted to text her. I’ll be checking my email and see she’s on g-chat and I’ll want to just message her and ask how her day is and just talk like we were still together. I know I shouldn’t do that.

I’m sure she’s WAY past moved on. I’m sure she’s had 3 or 4 bf’s by now. I just bet she’s had a much easier time dealing with this than me.

Why is it taking me so long to heal?
>>
>>18354848
Why didn't you fight for your marriage instead of agreeing to divorce? Marriage is for like it's not something you drop when you hit bumps in the road
>>
You have to give it time. My parents got divorced 18 years ago and they both still have insecurities. Stuff like this just doesn't go away, you just have to force that smile. Don't wallow, but accept your sorrow and forgive yourself for feeling that way. This is the meaning of acceptance. You have to get past denial. Accept that you have these feelings and search endlessly for the light. It's all around you, truth be told. It's shining on you, but you have your eyes closed to it. That's okay. Everybody needs time. You have to be at peace with everything in your life though. What that means is staring your most hated enemy in the face and saying "I'm okay with you being who you are". If you can't change it then there is no point in agonizing over it.

It's a process that may take decades. Come to terms with that and try to put it behind you as well as you're able.
>>
>>18355084
well said.
>>
File: IMG_1862.jpg (165KB, 750x727px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1862.jpg
165KB, 750x727px
>>18354900
Idk..I wasn't thinking straight. Was pretty angry with her and just being petty I agreed to it. Didn't see the lasting impact it would have. I'm an idiot.

Pic related I literally had this for years.
>>
>>18355084
Damn...thank you for this.
>>
How long were you guys married?
>>
Abloo bloo. Maybe you should get a dog instead, they are lovelier than women anyway.
>>
>>18355120
7 years.
>>
>>18355126
I did have a dog, she got to keep her.
>>
>>18355118
Tell ys a general list of things you're thankful for. Not asking for incriminating details here, just allow yourself some positivity.

Also, I'm happy to share this wisdom with you. I have anxiety issues and it stems from my parents' divorce, but this is how my mother came to cope with it just a few years ago. She taught me anxiety all of those years ago, and she recently taught me how to overcome it. It's a wonderful feeling. The first part is accepting your damage as something that you will carry forever. You can't change the fact that this happened to you, so you might as well embrace this new chapter. Try to smile in your darkest moments and do the opposite of what that voice that tells you to hide says. I wish words could truly fix people, but perhaps the best thing I can do is tell you that you're allowed to feel whatever you need to feel as long as you don't give up.
>>
Quit talking to her. Worry about yourself and get a fucking job u loser
If you moved back in with your parents then she knows you are not worth shit you broke ass jerk.
>>
>>18354848
>I’m sure she’s had 3 or 4 bf’s by now. I just bet she’s had a much easier time dealing with this than me.
No, she hasn't. People who've moved on don't cycle through 3 or 4 boyfriends in a few months
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.