[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caffeine replacement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 8a9.jpg (26KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
8a9.jpg
26KB, 600x401px
So I have a really high chance of getting Alzheimers, Parkinson's, Dementia and brain degenerative diseases in general.
I'm 21 now and my parents told me this about 5 years ago.
(musthaveforgotorsomething.jpg). Doing my research I found out that drinking 4 to 5 cups a day will significantly decrease the chances of something like this happening, but here's the thing. I used to be a working musician and I'm not anymore because I developed some wack tendonitis in my fingers and vasoconstrictors like caffeine and nicotine wreck my hands, so if I want to be at least partially productive (which means using my hands) I have to steer clear of these types of substances. But I really don't want to start forgetting my kids names when I'm 50. Do you guys know of any similar mind stimulating substances (tl;dr coke, amphetamines) that won't hinder me from using my hands?
>>
>>18352890
Namenda
>>
>>18352890
Have you tried green tea?
>>
>>18354207
dude, it still has caffeine
>>18352929
I guess, tho I see a lot of people complaining about the side effects.
>>
I remember studies saying that one of the best ways to prevent dementia later in life is to get enough exercise when you're young.
>>
>>18354396
yeah, didn't really do any exercise until 3-4 years ago, when my body just started giving up on the most normal activities. I will continue exercising tho. It feels too good to give up.
>>
File: 1495236383990.jpg (111KB, 640x439px) Image search: [Google]
1495236383990.jpg
111KB, 640x439px
>>18352890
>So I have a really high chance of getting Alzheimers, Parkinson's, Dementia and brain degenerative diseases in general.

Why?

That sounds like a bag of shit anon. You can have an increased risk for Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and even other forms of dementia but as far as I know there's no common risk factor for all of them. And don't say genetic testing, other than Huntinghton's disease it's still unvalidated in clinical practice.

Honestly you're probably just the anxious type and the fact you're a musician supports this.

Caffeine is debatable but as you said some studies have shown that it can decrease the risk of Alzheimer's. I've never read the actual protocols so those studies might be full of shit. What does work, as anon said >>18354396, is sports and controling your cardiovascular risks factors (not smoking, good cholesterol / blood pressure levels, etc).

Godspeed anxious musician !
>>
>>18352890
>your parents told you.

As in their parents had it? As in it runs strong in your family?

Or the doctors told them something was wrong with you and youre gonna get it young?

If its the first one, i honestly wouldnt even worry about it. Medical technology will have you covered by the time youre senior. Were making incredible leaps and discoveries in this kind of thing and many other amazing technologies and treatments are coming out.

By the time youre old theyll likely be able to reverse it. As it is now they can already change out your genetics (not available for public use yet) and that alone would be able to change out things like alzheimers or parkinsons.

Also got some psych educations. Learn another language. That will stave off alzheimers. Seriously
>>
>>18354474
Great grandpa had Parkinson's, Grandpa had Alzheimer's and Dementia and Mom is starting to develop Alzheimers. Yeah, I guess I'm kind of anxious but I'm not a musician anymore, my fingers look like a crooked fence, tho thanks for the encouragement.
>>18354500
Yes very prolific in my moms side of the family. Doctors told me it would be a good idea to drink coffee, tho I don't really trust them anymore after the shit job they did on my tendonitis.
I do hope so, tho living in Bulgaria I know that medical technology is at least 20 years slower than US (doctors here don't know stem cells exist). Tho I do try to exercise as much as I can, I just have a lot of joint and tendon issues and currently I can only go swimming which is kind of expensive in my country and I don't have the money right now.
Always wanted to learn another language, but I want to finish my sound engineering degree first.
>>
>>18354548
>living in bulgaria

Oh so i guess you do know two languages at least already.

Good start.
>>
File: 1494866055837.jpg (34KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494866055837.jpg
34KB, 720x480px
>>18354548

That still leaves 7 out of 8 of your great grandparents who didn't have it, 3/4 of your grandparents and your father. Also, it's harder that you might think to correctly diagnose those things. Alzheimer's has been abused as a diagnosis : often people were just alcoholics who fried their brain with alcohol, had depression, even deafness.

Don't panic : take care of your body, learn languages, get a college degree. Those things will protect you the most and your risk isn't necessarily higher than that of the general population.
>>
>>18352890
dont fucking do that you tard. Read the study: no coffee and MORE than 3-4 cups a day show more cases of dementia than those who only drank on or two cups
>>
Well thanks guys, I think you gave some good /adv/ice. Gonna go and exercise or something now.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.