[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in some deep shit I am basically retarded when it comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4867.jpg (1MB, 1000x719px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4867.jpg
1MB, 1000x719px
I'm in some deep shit
I am basically retarded when it comes to math. When I was in grade school I paid no attention to anything involving a fraction, a graph, or a decimal. This continued all the way through high school where geometry was the highest math class I took and I only got a c-.
Now I'm in my final summer semester to get my AA degree.
Originally I tested into pre-algebra and put it off until last semester. However, upon taking one week on it. I felt so insulted by how dumb the class was that I chose to drop the class and take advantage of a free crash course my college offered to get refreshed for the placement exams. To have the time take this crash course, I had to take a week off work. I was very obviously the retard in the course, I needed assistance for almost every problem and stayed later than everyone. Somehow this paid off because I tested into intermediate algebra, which is what I need in order to graduate. However, I do not have the time to take the class during the summer(they only offer it in the mornings and I work 8-5.) so I was forced to take it online. This is where my issue begins.
The teacher required you take it on MyMathLab, which does a terrible job at explaining things to you. I have spent hours on single problems. it only allows you three attempts on homework questions, and it doesn't tell you when a question is formatted wrong. So I get correct answers marked incorrect due to format.
And the deadlines are bizarre. He puts them out on Sunday and requires they be complete by Thursday at 8, where every course I have taken online has things due Saturday at midnight. The deadlines do not go well with my job or my obligations to my family while also learning the material, which without someone explaining to my retarded brain why certain things work and some don't has become impossible. I have a full week of 0's and a 32% on this week's quiz. What do I do? I need to pass this class.
>>
I'm also in a super weird place professionally.
I'm working towards a marketing AA, planning to get an MBA later on. However, I used my homework as a resume and got a job as the marketing manager for a decently sized company(100 million dollar value). So in a way, I have a job that people try to get after getting a degree, but I also only make $16 an hour. I figure I need at least a BA to get anywhere in my field, but my lack of math skill could kill any chances of me getting a college degree
>>
>>18351884
If you just need to pass the class just pay someone to take it for you. If you legit need to learn math I don't think now is the time, get this class out of the way and take all the open courseware classes you like afterwards. And if it's just equations try online problem solvers like wolfphram that will attempt to give you step by step instructions on how to solve them
>>
>>18351882
>I have a full week of 0's and a 32% on this week's quiz. What do I do? I need to pass this class.
get a tutor dummy. focus on getting 80's on your mid term and final and you'll pass. im in your same situation but just started my first year. mathlab is a fucking joke. and the teachers for these classes seem to not give a fuck since i guess its just a class for the school to make ez money off us brainlets.
>>
>>18351937
Can't, there are 3 protored midterms that require my student ID
>>18351944
Can't afford a tutor and the math tutor center on campus closes when I get off work
>>
>>18351952
Let's make this a math megathread, post away all your questions no matter how stupid they seem, i'll try to help.
>>
>>18351952
Get someone to do the homeworks and quizzes at least, and then use the practice problems to try and get a grip for the exams. If the person you're paying is getting A's it takes that much pressure off of you to knock the exams out of the park in order to pass. Of course this is if mathlab still has the practice problem tool which I would think they do, if not look over the quizzes and homeworks the person did and try to solve them yourself since you'll already know the answer, hell maybe even see if they can send you their work
>>
>>18351982
Teacher specifically said he would fail students who did well on homework and quizzes but badly on the tests. In his words "students who gets As but then get Cs on tests" and I have a ton of trouble memorizing formulas. Even today when I took a quiz after spending hours doing the homework then night beicde couldn't remember anything and got an F on it
>>
>>18351995
Could you make up an excuse about having to go to another state or something? If your school offers distance education you could get the exam administered at a local library that offers proctering services. In my experience the librarian just gives you the exam and you can cheat your ass off. At this point though going 100+ miles away to cheat on a course is probably just as much effort as doing it head on and trying to learn the material
>>
>>18352009
Deadline for proctoring passed
>>
>>18352041
If you really think this shit is going to go belly up try and find the right people to cover for you/forge or produce the right documents to get an I in the course. Enroll yourself in a mental institution or something I have no idea how to get those things but if you do then you can retake the course with distance proctering and get a fresh chance to not fuck up. Mind you this is something I would do only if shit was heading towards the fan and there was nothing I could do to stop it. The good news is if it comes to it you have resources and (I think) don't have to answer to any parents. You have money so there's that, you just need to find the right people. You know better than anyone though what the writing on the wall says, if you think you can pull it out then go for it but if this class is too big to fail then I say do what you have to do
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.