[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too scared to die too afraid to live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: thelightattheend.jpg (20KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
thelightattheend.jpg
20KB, 682x1024px
i'm dying for an excuse to not kill myself
pic not so related but its so pretty
>>
Because then you will never have any chance at ever doing anything ever again.

No matter how bad things may seem, they can get better, but you have to make an effort to make things better instead of just waiting for things to get better.

I've been in a similar situation before, and it's then I found that in order to have a happy life you need to focus on the things you like and explore those instead of wasting your time on things you hate.

You still have a lot to experience in life, and to throw that all away would be a waste, even if it may not seem so you can still achieve happiness, but you gotta work toward it
>>
>>18351688
i just feel like i'm a walking disaster. Wherever i go whomever i meed I'll spread misfortune and misery to. Therefore it would be better for me to not exist; to alleviate a great source of pain from everyone's lives would be the greatest thing I would or could have ever done.
>>
I've decided to just see through tomorrow to the end and then I'll decide. But I already have a feeling tomorrow wont bring any change and in reality im just afraid to die.
Sayonara
>>
I might have fun, I might work out, I might do a shit load of drugs but in the end what doesnt change is the fact im covering my true feelings with lies. Lies, the only one true thing that understands me. I've lived a lie and its time I faced it. Tomorrow will be the best day ever.
>>
writing these offers a bit of slight comfort. Knowing that atleast my words will live on for infinity somewhere is the deep expanse of the world wide web. I will live on forever not in memories but through data.
>>
>>18351730
Anon tell us exactly what's going on. Vauge ramblings may appear specific to you, but for us to help in detail we need to know the situation in detail
>>
>>18351730
You could pick a place less vulnerable to entropy tho bud.
>>
We just want to love you sweetie. Please don't go, give us a chance. I am sooo sorry that you experienced all that garbage throughout tour life, i really am. That wasn't your fault. If you open your heart again i promise you nothing bad will happen
>>
felt like this a lot recently also.

Have you asked yourself why you feel like this? lack of connection with people? we're all on different journeys and there is always hope. You could take your dilemma and learn from your behaviours? take an interest in the human mind as to WHY you're like this, even study psychology and use your training to help other people who feel like this. After all, helping people is a core value in building a happy life.

check this mantra: forge meaning, build identity and then invite the world to share your joy. Good luck x
>>
>>18352992
wow this post gave me fucking cancer
>>
If you ever decide to act - don't be stupid and be effective. You wouldn't like to have spinal cord broken but still be alive. I recomment
http://lostallhope.com
>>
>>18353006
You don't fucking care
>>
>>18353130
See, you say that. But you're still around to recommend the site.

Hardly the most ringing endorsement of its effectiveness, no?
>>
File: theend.gif (2MB, 504x279px) Image search: [Google]
theend.gif
2MB, 504x279px
>>18352957
I have thought about going out in a freezer with a hard on as a sort of joke but no kitchen appliance deserves that.
>>18353006>>18351788
Initially it was about family. Given that we're from different generations we were bound to have clashing ideals but the issue they dont want to have a civil discussion about it. i'm not asking for change i just want them to respect my views and allow me to be my own person. "My way or the highway" as its often stated and i can't stand that. This all retch and no vomit lifestyle parents push onto their kids to justify the way they lived their lives just makes me sick to my stomach. Another issue I have involves the devolving society where everyone lives this apathetic lifestyle. Chasing symbols and titles acting like they really matter. I dont have a place in this sick world nor do i want to belong. I've been attacked, ignored, singled out because of a few ideals and yet they have the gall to act like they fucking care. No one fucking cares about anything except themselves. We still live the same way we did 300-400 years ago. We speak the same languages, live in the same society, and puke out the same dreams as our ancestors have. Science and technology has done nothing to improve our standings except make killing, oppression, and down right debauchery more efficient and readily available. Every generations grows up thinking that they're some part of new revolutionary era but they all make the same choices and evidently walk down the same path. So when you ask me what's wrong my answer to that is what isn't?
>>18352992
Fuck off
>>18353130
I've got it all worked out. Ill tie a noose around my neck and in 5-7 seconds the blood flow to my brain will be cut off and I wont have control over my limbs to prevent myself from backing out. I wont hang myself up like some christmas ornament, no i'll die on my own two feet as a way of saying fuck you to this fucking world.
>>
>>18351636

Killing yourself won't make you happy, it will just make you dead.

There's nothing wrong with that if you have a painful terminal illness (or maybe just a painful one) - but if you truly have nothing to lose, you have nothing stopping you from living life, right?

If life things are stopping you and you want to stop them to be happy, you can make changes (and being dead won't make you happy, remember?)

Basically, suicide is typically an illogical and irrational move, suited only to very specific and obvious situations.
>>
>>18351699
This is close to the way that I feel. All my friends look like men, they have girlfriends, money, friends who care about them. They only talk to me when they need something from me or to smoke weed never to find out how I am doing or to just chill for a while. They've all been friends since they were little and i've known them for less than a year. I just remember failing everytime i look back on my life. I know ill never be able to start over so it feels like ending it right now is better than digging myself into a deeper hole.
>>
>>18353549
read >>18353539
I agree suicide shouldnt be the primary choice and it wasnt. However I disagree when you say its an illogical and irrational move on the grounds thats it's my life I never asked to be born under these circumstances so I should atleast choose how I want to put an end to them. "But think of the family and friends who'll get hurt." The same shit streaked reply people give when they dont fully comprehend the nature of anothers suffering. By saying that you're pretty much saying "suck it up and deal with it I dislike being hurt so you have to keep suffering." I guarantee you after a heart wrenching funeral service people will forget about me after 6 weeks. Emotions only last as long you want them too and no one cares enough to care their whole life.
>>
>>18353580

I did read it, and you are wrong on many levels. Rather than point by point refute it all, I gave you the advice you need, as well as what other people reading might learn from.

Specifically, >make changes

Your other assumptions are garbage but when you move out, you will hopefully broaden your perspective.
>>
>>18353580
>We still live the same way we did 300-400 years ago
>We speak the same languages

Stopped reading
>>
File: IMG_3454.png (1MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3454.png
1MB, 2208x1242px
>>18351636
Who tied this, a Girl Scout?
>>
>>18353604
>make changes
i appreciate your candor

if theyre rubbish then can you atleast do me the favor of pointing out whats wrong with them instead of being a little tease?
>>18353610
because..?
>>
>>18351636
Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.
>>
>>18353539

> Given that we're from different generations we were bound to have clashing ideals
Contradicts what you say later
>i'm not asking for change i just want them to respect my views and allow me to be my own person
This IS asking for change
>"My way or the highway" as its often stated and i can't stand that
Nothing wrong with that, been there, but like it was suggested - move out
>This all retch and no vomit lifestyle parents push onto their kids to justify the way they lived their lives just makes me sick to my stomach
See above
>Another issue I have involves the devolving society where everyone lives this apathetic lifestyle
Partially true, hipster sadness though - focus on yourself and what you can change
>teenage angst for a few sentences
See above
>We still live the same way we did 300-400 years ago
Obviously untrue
>We speak the same languages, live in the same society, and puke out the same dreams as our ancestors have
See above
>Science and technology has done nothing to improve our standings except make killing, oppression, and down right debauchery more efficient and readily available
Liberal teen angst, possibly religious, also ridiculously false - medicine, lifespan, transportation, communication, etc.
>teen angst continues
>>
There are only two real reasons not to do it

1. Your family and friends will suffer
2. It will be physically painful

Just do what I do, eat like shit and let nature slowly kill you over the course of a few decades. Helps if you have a gf with a weight gain fetish.
>>
>>18353713
>>We still live the same way we did 300-400 years ago
>Obviously untrue
just because you have your fancy electronics and cars doesnt count for anything other than unnecessary glimmer and glamour.
>>We speak the same languages, live in the same society, and puke out the same dreams as our ancestors have
>See above
Care to explain how its not true instead of using cookie cutter replies.
>>Science and technology has done nothing to improve our standings except make killing, oppression, and down right debauchery more efficient and readily available
>Liberal teen angst, possibly religious, also ridiculously false - medicine, lifespan, transportation, communication, etc.
Ofcourse every millennia there's going to be a break through in health care, transportation and communication nothings perfect everything has the opportunity to change except the human condition. Of the 3500 years civiliations has been in store there have only been 240 or so years of combined peace. There are still hundreds of thousands(possibly millions) of people dying of curable diseases, food and water shortages globally, and people will go to jewelry stores to buy a hunk of solidified carbonk for several months worth of wages. Does that sound like liberal teen angst you 2 celled dead brained slack jawed cripple.
>teen angst continues
>hur dur internet arguments won:99...+1
>>
>>18353810

>just because you have your fancy electronics and cars doesnt count for anything other than unnecessary glimmer and glamour.

still not the same, innit?

>Care to explain how its not true instead of using cookie cutter replies

fuck you're dull mate, the languages have changed, read something from 4 centuries ago, christ. society obviously different. dreams obviously different.

>Ofcourse
Looks like you admit standings have improved, and throw out a new argument. Well done?

I would argue there has never been a time of "combined peace"

I won't argue with "people still die"

You're getting better... I guess?
>>
>>18353810
>i'm not asking for change i just want them to respect my views and allow me to be my own person
>This IS asking for change

>>"My way or the highway" as its often stated and i can't stand that
>Nothing wrong with that, been there, but like it was suggested - move out

>Another issue I have involves the devolving society where everyone lives this apathetic lifestyle
>Partially true, hipster sadness though - focus on yourself and what you can change
Are you saying that because its unrelated to you that it makes no difference whether a person lives or dies? If you see an opportunity to make good (helping feed a hungry person, stopping abuse etc) but dont act then are you not just as guilty as the person committing the acts. But you're right human life has little to no value especially if I never see or hear them god forbid.
>>
>>18353831

Billions of people have, are, and will die and that will make no practical difference for the other billions.

Your question about opportunity is too general and can be answered yes or no depending on the situation.

No, you are not as guilty as someone committing a crime if you don't stop the crime.

Unlimited guilt is the result of unlimited responsibility.

You sound religious. The kind of absolutist illogic whiffs of it.

Do some thinking about exceptions.
>>
>>18353823
>just because you have your fancy electronics and cars doesnt count for anything other than unnecessary glimmer and glamour.

still not the same, innit?
my point being that people only tend to focus on unnecessary bullshit. When Rome was at its peak what did Cesar do to distract the multitudes. He invented games brought the fucking circus to the city so people wouldnt realize that the fucking empire was crumbling below their feet.

>Care to explain how its not true instead of using cookie cutter replies

fuck you're dull mate, the languages have changed, read something from 4 centuries ago, christ. society obviously different. dreams obviously different.
Languages have not changed they've only been "improved" if you can say that. English is still comprised of the same greek, latin, hispanic bases they came from. All thats changed is the efficiency with how a person speaks and in consideration to todays time most people still just grunt and nod.

>Ofcourse
Looks like you admit standings have improved, and throw out a new argument. Well done?
Again my reference was to the HUMAN condition not the societal condition. People will always look for ways to make their lives easier despite the outcomes.

I would argue there has never been a time of "combined peace"
Combined as in the total number of years of infrequent peace. You cant have war all the time.

I won't argue with "people still die
You're getting better... I guess?
>>
>>18353862

Your definitions are terrible and thus you make terrible arguments.

If you have to refine what you meant, you're not doing a good job.

My point was...

>Languages have not changed
Improvement is change
>All that's changed is
Contradicted yourself
>HUMAN condition
Life expectancy.
Also, human and societal conditions are intertwined, but... ok. Life expectancy covers both.
>People will always look for ways to make their lives easier despite the outcomes.
Agree. Ish.
>cant have war all the time
Why not?
If there is any period in human history when some wasn't meeting the definition of war with another, I have yet to find it

Just work on your arguments.

Point of this was, suicide. I have a feeling that if you refine your arguments you will grow as a person, and see why it's almost certainly silly.
>>
Billions of people have, are, and will die and that will make no practical difference for the other billions.

Your question about opportunity is too general and can be answered yes or no depending on the situation.

No, you are not as guilty as someone committing a crime if you don't stop the crime.
The only thing worse than evil men doing evil thing are good people who do nothing to stop them.
Unlimited guilt is the result of unlimited responsibility.
ok
You sound religious. The kind of absolutist illogic whiffs of it.
Or you're just unable to cope with idea that maybe you're wrong.
Do some thinking about exceptions.
Ohhh careful dont hit me with your copy of Richard Dawkins The God Delusion.
>>
>>18353899

Learn to greentext

Richard Dawkins has nothing to do with this, but thanks for hitting me with a quote from Reverend Charles F. Aked. While the quote doesn't logically refute anything (and is an appeal to authority if you thought it came from JFK) it sure alleviates my suspicions, lol

I now know I won't be able to reason with you.

Good luck.
>>
>>18353876
Your definitions are terrible and thus you make terrible arguments.
If you have to refine what you meant, you're not doing a good job.
My point was...
>Languages have not changed
Improvement is change
>All that's changed is
Contradicted yourself
>changed and improved are interchangeable in this case because they both mean the same thing and that is to be refined. If I took a sheet of metal and hit it with a hammer until it looked like a sword did the metal change? No all thats changed is the form in which the metal took. That's it language is still largely the same basic principles just under a different form.

>>HUMAN condition
Life expectancy.
>Not what i was referring to

Also, human and societal conditions are intertwined, but... ok. Life expectancy covers both.
>Yes they intertwine but they are two distinct identities. Yin and Yang, light and darkness, cold and heat.
>People will always look for ways to make their lives easier despite the outcomes.
Agree. Ish.
>ditto
>cant have war all the time
Why not?
If there is any period in human history when some wasn't meeting the definition of war with another, I have yet to find it
> You're right in this case because all peace is just a halfway point for nations to prepare for the next war.
Just work on your arguments.

Point of this was, suicide. I have a feeling that if you refine your arguments you will grow as a person, and see why it's almost certainly silly.

I think your face is silly.
>>
>>18353914
The point being of that quote was to say that youre an even bigger piece of shit if you allow evil things to transgress unopposed. But I suppose you wouldnt be able to perceive that unless someone hit you over the head with it.

>I acthually won
that's you speaking
>>
>>18353937

how do you live with yourself knowing that the time you spend arguing with someone trying to teach you logic could be spent on feeding the hungry?

by >>18353923's rules s/he is selfless; by your own rules you are a terrible person
>>
>>18353962

ironic that you will end up useless and in hell (if you believe that) for offing yourself while others in this thread will actually accomplish some practical good.
i guess i echo the good luck idea. have fun with that
>>
>>18353955
I agree thus why I plan on taking myself out of the gene pool.
I mean I have worked in soup kitchens and volunteered n stuff but it was all superficial. The government bans the feeding of homeless and I am in no means of power or money and utterly useless before the iron claw of Uncle Sam on my own.
Yes and no I like to entertain the idea of being in hell. No because I dont believe in religion.
Sure but the question is when does the need to do good end? In the first place why is it a need why cant people just sit down smoke a bowl and just get along.
>>
>>18353966
bottom portion was for you
>Sure but the question is when does the need to do good end? In the first place why is it a need why cant people just sit down smoke a bowl and just get along.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.