[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Part time job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1494637434236.jpg (54KB, 546x896px) Image search: [Google]
1494637434236.jpg
54KB, 546x896px
What would be a good part time job for someone with severe social anxiety like me, and pays well? I do not really care what it could be as long as I seldom have to meet other people (save for other workers.)

Never had a job before but my mom told me I should get one because I don't have many classes this semester. (And I don't really have anything else to do).
>>
>>18350106
The main areas of part time/casual low skilled work are retail, waiting, and data entry. I would advise the third.
>>
walmart maybe?

Don't know how to help you in this one, I actually find myself in the same situation
>>
If you don't want to deal with other people look for a job where you work alone most of the time. I used to work at my university's library as a shelter. It was minimum wage but the environment was quiet and I pretty much had my headphones in all day. I also enjoyed landscaping if your up for some physical labor.
>>
>>18350210
Shelfer*
>>
>>18350106
Sign flipper.
>>
>>18350148
nah if hes new. manager will be on his ass. also co-workers love to chat so good luck with being mr.quiet type
>>
>>18350106
Night audit at a hotel.
>>
>>18350106

>What would be a good part time job for someone with severe social anxiety like me, and pays well?

Don't organize your life according to the sensitivities of your dysfunctions. Creating a safe space for yourself where you never have to confront your anxiety is just going to damage you in the long run. Its a really really unhealthy way to life your live. You need to address it now while you have the chance.
>>
Work from home, transcription, Amazon mechanical turk, leapforce, lionbridge, appen. Wahm forums has more info
>>
>>18350447

especially because of OPs supposed problem simply being 'i dont like talking to people'.
>>
I envy you fucks, at least you can afford being picky. Where I live getting a job is like winning the god damn lottery.
>>
>>18350488

he can't really afford to be picky save for what his mother allows. anyone who doesn't live with their parents knows that wanting to have a job that caters to your 'anxiety' is arrogant entitlement
>>
It's not so much that I don't like talking to people, I probably won't get past the job interview seeing as I have really nothing to give an employer. If it's a "normal job", whatever that may be.
>>
>>18350114
Elaborate more on this data entry
>>
>>18350106
Try finding warehouse/stock jobs. Bonus points for you if they're early morning/late night shifts when the store isn't open.

I used to work for a paint company, next door neighbor was the manager and offered me a job as a warehouse associate. I have social anxiety coupled with the fact that I don't know much and I'm more reserved than most people so I didn't quite fit in with the other guys at first, especially since they were a little older and were very knowledgeable on shit like football, mechanics, etc. Typical guy shit. They were on another level. But that didn't stop us from getting along eventually. What helped was that I always put my work first and busted my ass to get shit done. When things slowed down for the company I still found ways to keep busy even though work orders weren't coming in as frequently. Everyone took notice of my work ethic and saw that even though I was awkward as fuck I didn't fuck around like some people and I was always willing to help out, even though that help wasn't returned as much.
>Word of advice, don't let others take advantage of you. Learn who is deserving of your help and who isn't. Don't be afraid to tell those lazy fuckers 'no'.
Anyway, they were the only people aside from management and the truck drivers who I had to deal with. We all got along and they slowly pulled me out of my shell to the point were my social anxiety was more manageable.

You're gonna make it anon. Just keep at the job search daily.
>>
>>18350106
see >>18350447

The only way to manage your SA is to practice social interaction consistently. You'll find that these interactions aren't so bad after all and that whatever it is you thought was so difficult was all in your head.
>>
Thanks for all of the advice anons
>>
>>18350106
Do a customer service job, it will help you face your anxiety and get more used to being around other people.

It was fucking uncomfortable, but the best decision I ever made. Doing hard things can be helpful anon.

>>18350447
this, it's a type of self-directed cognitive behavioral therapy
>>
>>18350921
this is exactly what I was going to suggest. I had a job in "inventory management" at a retail store. These were my responsibilities.

>had ownership over a small section of store
>daily, inspect store and restock anything that looks low
>weekly, fill out purchase order for new items
>when shipment arrives, real work begins
>unload, unbox, and count every shipped item to make sure it matched purchase order
>neatly stack items in back of store for easy access
>restock store from back of store
>repeat forever

the constraints were inventory size (the smaller our inventory, the more cash we had on hand), warehouse size, and throughput. If we ran out of inventory and the customer didn't have what he wanted, I got yelled at. If the inventory got too large and took up too much space in the back of the store, I got yelled at. other than that, I was completely autonomous. I utilized my autism powers to reduce inventory size by 15% while maintaining throughput, got a great recommendation from the boss and moved onto better things.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.