[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asylum help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: fuckboys.png (7KB, 108x75px)
fuckboys.png
7KB, 108x75px
I'm an Australian seeking asylum in the United States, and I want to know realistically what chances I have of getting my case approved. I'm fleeing persecution on grounds of religion, orientation, political beliefs and belonging to certain social groups. All of my reasons are legitimate, and I honestly fear persecution. I have been previously attacked verbally and physically due to all of these reasons before, and I know it will happen again. I will be applying through affirmative action, as opposed to defensive action, as I want to get asylum as soon as is physically possible for me.
Is there anything I can do to heighten my chances of approval or things along that line?
>>
Need more details. Depending on whether or no those things are actually perceived at something that people persecute for.
Like a white Christian? Probably not.
>>
https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/information-guide-prospective-asylum-applicants
>>
>>18349171
Unrelated, but recommended city:
Mesa, Arizona

Conservative, white, and really hot. Should be some related to Australia.
>>
>>18349171
Don't go in as a refugee, get a green card
>>
>>18349171
hurt feelings don't count as persecution my man
>>
>>18349172
I am a gay aboriginal who is non religious.
You can be counted for fleeing on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group..

>>18349173
Thank you, and I already have all of the material related to that open currently.

>>18349176
I have tried every other method of entry that is open to me. School, work, marriage, none of them worked. If I become an asylee, I can obtain a green card after a year of being in the states

>>18349174
thanks for the recommendation mate. Already got a place picked out though, as it has people that I can stay with
>>
>>18349171
Your reasons are not legitimate you fucking retard.

Unless you're a member of ISIS, in which case the states aren't going to take you anyway.
>>
>>18349181
Gay Aboriginal? Would certainly count. If you so get asylum here do yourself a favor and dont to South, the more southern it is the more likely youll run into even less open minded folks. Go somewhere North like New York perhaps.
>>
>>18349181
>Aboriginal

OK I moderately retract. You're not going to be taken in tho. Besides 'murica has a worse record with their natives, you just don't hear about it as much because they succeeded in exterminating them moreso than those down under may have attempted.
>>
>gay atheist Aboriginal
Oh shidd nigga :DDDD
>>
As long as you have proof I think you have a decent chance.
>>
>>18349187
Australian aboriginals are black, they don't look like American's.
>>
>>18349182
According to politicalasylumusa.com
it states that: A person can qualify for asylum, or political asylum, if he or she has

a reasonable fear,
of future persecution,
on account of race, religion, national origin, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group..

As I have been physically attacked before due to these reasons, it constitutes a valid fear for my life

>>18349184
I hope so mate. And that's a good call. I don't act openly faggoty for that exact reason around here

>>18349187
Well, I'll find out. I'm currently talking with two different lawyers about my chances of getting in, and it's looking positive so far
>>
>>18349191
Your point?
>>
>>18349196
I think his point is that he will be persecuted by whites and latinos for being black and by blacks for being funny looking black
>>
We don't want another pussy to come here you're acting like Australia is Lebanon or Nigeria
>>
>>18349206
Chances are he's half blood thru 1/16th or somesuch, he may well have "passing privilege" in that he'd look white.

But yeah I kinda don't get why OP would want 'murica with all its problems - including race relations - when the far more progressive New Zealand is just a hop across the tasman, and far easier to get into from aus..
>>
>>18349217
I'm not aiming for progressive, I'm aiming for safe, and being able to protect yourself under law.
You're right about the passing priv thing, too.
I honestly am not a fan of aus by any stretch, and the times I've gone to the states it feels like home
>>
>>18349221
You can only protect yourself under the law over there as far as you can pay your lawyers.

But if you're enamoured by the glitter of the upper life over the downtrodden masses there - where there's every chance you'll end up - it's not my business to get in your way. gl, I guess.
>>
>>18349229
Yeah.
I've been trying to move there for the past three years now, and originally never realised I was able to attempt this route to stay in the country.
Thanks man, I'm gonna need it
>>
>>18349195
>As I have been physically attacked before due to these reasons, it constitutes a valid fear for my life
highly doubtful. Australians arent going to be granted asylum in the united states. the u.s. state dept is likely to tell you that your law enforcement authorities can handle your problem. sorry but no one is going to get asylum because they got assaulted. and if you haven't noticed, america has a terrible track record with blacks. in addition being gay isnt gonna help your case. the u.s. right now is denying asylum to gay people fleeing thr ukraine, where they are being murdered. not beat up. KILLED. you arent getting asylum here. trumpmurica, what can i say
>>
>implying America and Australia are on such different levels that a trait will be persecuted in one and accepted in the other
A gay black atheist is still a gay black atheist anywhere in the first/white/western world.
Try just moving to a less shitty area and see how you go. Asylum is for people fleeing systematic nation-wide persecution, not people who live in shitty pockets of countries that nevertheless do their best and have special laws explicitly protecting people from racial/sexual/religious discrimination.
>>
>>18349244
That'd be good if it was only discrimination, not persecution and assault.

>>18349238
It's a valid fear, whether or not it'll get me in is up for debate obviously. Those that you mentioned are refugees, and I'm not that, so my situation is different, as is my application method, and many other things about this process.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.