[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xth breakup thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Broken-Heart.png (297KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Broken-Heart.png
297KB, 640x427px
I'm 24, my gf of almost four years (two weeks short) broke up with me on Monday after work. She got really mad at me a week before because the changes I made to my behavior weren't big enough. I felt I was doing well apparently I just did not get her hints that she was dissatisfied. Anyways we agreed to give me a little more time to make those changes since I didn't notice her hints before (I had two weeks in mind) and had sex.
In the meantime everything went great, I did change more drastically than ever before, started appreciating her more. Dropped her off at the train station on my way to work because she was running late Mo and Tue, made dinner for her on Saturday, she returned the favor on Sunday. And then when I hugged her this Monday she started sobbing and telling me she couldn't do this anymore, couldn't lie to me any longer about her emotions.
After crying like a bitch the pain has numbed a bit now. We still live together, sleep together but there is no chance of getting her back. This is my first major breakup by the way and it feels very similar to my grandparents funeral.
I know I need to move out, but I am too attatched to being around her and the good memories to just up and leave.
I feel like I want intimacy with a woman, but I know I won't get it from her and a hookup doesn't care for your ex.
I also do not want to remove her from my life and memories completely as that would do the good times injustice.
What's the magic formula to get over the situation, move past it?
>>
Are you her pet?
>>
>>18348861
No, just having trouble dealing with the situation. For me it was pretty much out of the blue while she distanced herself emotionally months ago.
>>
>>18348902
That doesn't make any sense.
>>
So will you tell us what the issues were? Obviously there are reasons why she broke up... what changes were you supposed to make?

You sound like a beta so I don't imagine it was "be less of an asshole."
>>
>>18348936
How so? She told me she made the decision some time ago and that her feelings of love got replaced by frustration. I just did not see it coming.
>>18348942
Keeping the apartment clean. Dont wait for Sunday to do the dishes and do it without complaining about how annoying it is. Put my once-worn clothes away into nonexistent drawers instead of throwing them on my chair. Take out the trash more than once a week and not wait until it's full. Work out more, but that was a smaller issue. It doesn't matter because it's too late to fix now.
>>
>>18348984
>workout/smaller issue
She found a big dick Chad. Move on anon, i'm not being mean to you, hell its happened to all of us here. You will eventually find someone who isnt such a whore. Just learn from your mistakes as far as a being a slob, nobody likes that.
>>
>>18348833
>tl;dr sentimental bullshit

Look, if you really want to get over her, you can't continue pretending like you're still together. You can't spend time together like you did, you can't keep living together like you are, if she's done with you the best thing you can both do is let each other go.

Now, just because you break up and move out doesn't mean you have to cut her out completely. You can still be friends after a breakup if everyone really wants to. You may find she doesn't really want to be friends anymore and it will just be something you'll have to accept. For now, you have to get yourself away from her if you ever hope to actually get over her.
>>
>>18348833
>I just did not get her hints that she was dissatisfied.
you mean you ignored them and now its too late
>>
>>18348994
I am pretty convinced Chad wasn't involved this time. Might have made things easier instead of parting on good terms. But it doesn't change that I have to pick myself up, move out, create some distance, work on myself for myself.

>>18348999
That's my problem, I can't let go. I should try to get over her, but I want to get her back which just won't happen. For now I need to move out sooner rather than later, even if it hurts. Thanks Broseph.
>>
>>18349019
That's her perspective. To me it came off as nagging. If I had known how much of an issue it was for her I would have acted differently.
>>
File: Chad w your gf.gif (416KB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
Chad w your gf.gif
416KB, 400x220px
>>18348861
fpbp

Also, you're getting cucked op.
>>
>>18349063
>To me it came off as nagging
well you were wrong weren't you? Here point is you didn't really give a shit what she thought and after 4 years you were still clueless and dismissive. Your time ran out.
>>
>>18348833
Would break up stories from the rest of us help?
>listen here, stop trying to make this about you
Bitch, shut up, I'm day drunk and been abused and the abuser. Luckily, I have a gift for humor. Maybe the fact that after all my shit, I still managed to find love, that would help somebody.
Because existence is pain.
But, that doesn't mean we can't laugh at it.
Love is equal parts play, sensitivity, and tragedy - Rollo May
Gotta find all those parts. Gotta remember life is many days, not just one.
>>
First and only time my heart was broken I found this, it helped a lot. Life's not over OP, pick yourself up and slowly but surely move on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQTbkEeCTeM
>>
>>18348833
what's wrong with your behavior, anon?
>>
>>18349067
can you fuck off to literally ANY other part of 4chan? /adv/ is clearly not for you. go circlejerk at /b/ with the rest of the clowns.
>>
>>18348833
look dude, I wouldn't come to 4chan to get this kind of advice. People think they're being straight to you, but you're dealing with lowest common denominator type shit here. However you want to move forward is how YOU want to move forward, and no one but you can know that.

Do you really want to be with this girl? Are you satisfied with where you are professionally/socially? Know one knows yourself better than you do, and the best type of people will only try to help you discover the answers for yourself. When you put this online you're putting out a pretty low resolution image of yourself and you'll be subject to some really innapropriate advice that might seem to have good intentions but would cause a disaster.

What I do know is girls crave emotional connection in a relationship. They want to feel like part of one whole which I'm sure you do too. When someone is in a relationship with you they want ALL of you, not just all the marginal effort you give to keep them. All those things she said were obviously quite superficial, and you guys will probably end up having a talk about this at some point. When and if you do, really listen to her, don't make excuses or try to rationalize what she says, but actually listen to what she's trying to tell you. If you don't want to lose her (even if you guys could just stay really good friends), take some initiative and show the side of yourself you know to be true, not what the world makes you out to be.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.