[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal advice for misdemeanor battery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1200px-Duracell_9_Volt_0849.jpg (142KB, 1200x1785px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Duracell_9_Volt_0849.jpg
142KB, 1200x1785px
I was charged with a misdemeanor battery for attacking someone after they made a very deliberate slight against me. I spent one full day in jail and posted bail for $1100. I'm scheduled to be in court in 30 days. This is my first time ever being arrested. What do I have ahead of me and what do I need to do to get by with minimal punishment? What type of punishment is typical in this type of situation? I'm aware I need to get a lawyer.
>>
I should also add that I turned myself in when I could have just taken off from the incident and my identity possibly would have never been discovered.
>>
>>18348418
Probably shouldn't have beaten up that woman OP.
>>
>>18348509
I didn't beat her up. Had her gripped by her hair as she was trying to speed off and I hit her maybe once or twice.
>>
File: mfw-muldoon.png (69KB, 226x232px)
mfw-muldoon.png
69KB, 226x232px
>>18348516
>didn't beat her up
>I hit her maybe once or twice
>>
you deserve jail

spend your time asking yourself and God for forgiveness, OP
>>
>>18348521
I'm unsure of the legal definition. But most people don't consider one MAYBE two not very well executed punches as "beating someone up"

>>18348527
I know that's how you feel but a lot of people hold vastly different opinions about how the American legal system should punish criminals but a lot of them don't actually reflect reality. I'm asking for advice from people how have actually knowledge about this situation.
>>
what he actually did, as he explained in another thread:
>>18348475
>>
>>18348541
you deserve jail. you feel no remorse and your only thought is to save your own ass
i hope you get convicted and if i could id give you incorrect advice
>>
>>18348550
Thank you for your input. I do plan on seeking mental help
>>
>>18348543
lmfao
>>
>>18348418
how'd they catch you?
>>
>>18348550
>remorse over something so trivial
One or two punches are not that bad you fucking idiot.
If it was a man you wouldn't give a shit you cunt.
>>
>>18348418
The fucked up thing is you could get raped in prison.
>>
>>18348620
>One or two punches are not that bad

Yeah, gonna second the other anon. You're scum and deserve to get slapped with time behind the bars. The whole point of jails is to contain people who are incapable of adapting to the society's rules and if you think throwing punches "isn't that bad" then you certainly belong there.
>>
>>18348627
Its jail not prison. And that doesn't actually happen

>>18348615
Believe it or not I turned myself in (approached the officer while he was talking to the victims in another part of the parking lot).
>>
>>18348639
>doesn't actually happen
I hope they'll make an exception for you
>>
>>18348631
That wasn't me. But it appears that "beating someone up" and "one or tow punches" for my particular charge both fall under the misdemeanor (simple) battery charge. Now I just need to know how to avoid more jail time. My bail was actually more than the max fee for this type of charge and the minimum jail time is only 1 or 2 days I think (I served 1).
>>
>>18348643
Bro stop, the real world doesn't actually work like that.
>>
>>18348649
you'll see for yourself soon enough
>>
>>18348653
I've already been to the jail they'd send me to
>>
>>18348631
She provoked him.
Its not like he did it for fun.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.