[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/ I've finally decided to seek help from a psychologist.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1439282299720.jpg (3MB, 2400x2997px) Image search: [Google]
1439282299720.jpg
3MB, 2400x2997px
Hi /adv/
I've finally decided to seek help from a psychologist.
What can I expect?
>>
>>18348409
That really, substantially, depends on the psychologist and what's wrong with you.
>>
>>18348409

With the amount of detail you've given, them to ask you questions and listen?
>>
>>18348413
35 year old wizard. Feeling abdomen pain all the time from loneliness.
>>
>>18348426
>35
>abdomen pain

Might not be lonliness mang...

Dont be surprised if the psychologist suggests you get a dog.
>>
>>18348438
I don't have depression.
>>
>>18348409
A psychologist is like life itself: disappointment, but expensive instead of free.
>>
Expect to sit there and pour your soul out while they bodd and say "mhm, how does that make you feel" before they write you a prescription you can't afford and toss you out of the meeting so they can bring in their next scam.
>>
>>18348470

It's them psychiatrists what're knowed fer prescribin' medication there dingus
>>
>>18348477
Run of the mill therapists aren't qualified to make prescriptions, they can recommend you to a psychologist who can though.

But you just wanted an excuse to think you're as smart as your mommy says you are.
>>
>>18348409
Nothing if you have even a tiny bit of intelligence and self-knowledge.
Psychologists are a huge waste of time and Im speaking from experience.
If you are an adult and still can't deal with mental problems on your own, you need to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>18348409

Someone to talk to who doesn't give much of a shit (this is a good thing). Depending on your issues, you might even just need a good chance to explain your problems and for them to explain why it's not as much of a issue as you've worked it up to be.

Don't take any subscriptions unless you're a few sessions in and consider seeing someone else (unless it's something very serious like schizophrenia).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.