[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is wrong with me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: pepe-confused.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-confused.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
Am I mentally ill? I am a whiz at math and science and history, but when it comes to LA I suck. It literally took me 10 hours to make 3 connections to a book. That is literally 10 hours. I could do a math test in 5 minutes, and easily get perfect, but I suck at LA and would usually get bad marks.
How can I improve my skills? What is wrong with me?
>>
>>18347795

>How can I improve my skills?
Practice

>What is wrong with me?
You haven't practiced enough.

Since you will understand this math:

talent x effort = skill
skill x effort = achievement
(talent x effort) x effort = achievement

Put more effort in.

Plus, you can't change your talent / genes etc. anyway.
>>
>>18347795
What the fuck is LA?
If you can blow through math in 15 minutes then you havent gotten to a difficult math class yet.
As with everything you will get better with practice.
If you specify what you have to do I could think of some ways to practice to get better.
You can also do some online drills to get better.
>>
Read more.

Seriously. Just go read some books.
>>
>>18347795
What the fuck is LA?
Literary analysis?

If it is, then it's about association and empathy
The shit you're good at is all memorization
Literary analysis is memorization plus intuition
Can't teach it
>>
>>18347814
>>18347809

It's Language Arts.

I swear people.
>>
>>18347809
>>18347814
LA is language arts. Like book reports and stuff like that.
Well I am doing calculus, I just finished differential calculus, and starting integration. I actually did calculus from the age of 10.
>>
Read more books.
>>
>>18347822
>>18347826
Yeah, whatever

It's the same as I said.
Math and the other science shit is all about memorization

"Language Arts" is all about making spontaneous connections
About empathy and seeing what the author intended for you to see

Reading a shit ton of classics makes it easier

Like if a protagonist walks under a big arch with writing on it, you know exactly what to expect
>>
>>18347822
>>18347826
In my high school our language classes were more defined.
We had journalism and english literature and composition writing.
What do you mean connections?
Are you analyzing metaphors and themes or is this some type of vague "what does this piece say to you."
Also calculus is basic high school math.
If you are breezing through high school math then you should be taking AP calc or statistics.
It really sounds like you memorize things easily but dont have any critical thinking skills which will be important for all college level academics.
>>
>>18347795

You could be dyslexic
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.