[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got a 2nd dui. 33 years old. State of Kansas how is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: main-01.jpg (101KB, 359x221px) Image search: [Google]
main-01.jpg
101KB, 359x221px
Just got a 2nd dui. 33 years old. State of Kansas how is this gonna affect my life and what should I do?
>>
Get a lawyer. It's gonna jack up your insurance rates if the DUI stands.

If you haven't lost your license at least you can still work. That's the main worry.
>>
You could stop drinking alchol before you drive anywhere.
>>
>>18346687
Well I certainly hope it makes you stop getting behind the wheel while drunk you idiot.
>>
>>18346710
Too late for that. Dui will stand and it was high over limit. Can't afford lawyer what's my best bet?
>>
>>18346719
Are you gonna lose your license? You can't afford not to get a lawyer idiot.
>>
I was going to school to be teacher, how will this affect me?
>>
I am going to lose my licence for a year. It was a wreck totalled my car.
>>
>>18346728
Might not get a job now. Possibility the school could throw you out.

>>18346734
Get a lawyer. You might be able to whittle down the punishment by plea bargaining.
>>
>>18346754
Can I do that without a lawyer?
>>
>>18346773
I wouldn't. Why should they budge on the punishment if you threaten to go to trial when they know you'd not only lose but manage to get yourself the maximum punishment by representing yourself?
>>
>>18346781
Thanks for answering anons. So if I just plea guilty without a lawyer that is a bad idea? What would be the worst punishment for this?
>>
Will there be a lengthy jail time?
>>
You probably can just ask them to lower the sentence without the lawyer. If they say no then maybe you can get one.
>>
Thanks again you guys I will take all this to heart. I guess I should change majors, hopefully I can still get financial aid. I must say I feel lucky to live in the USA when shit like this goes down.
>>
>>18346794
Probably a poor idea. Just see a lawyer. You can usually get a free consultation for fuck's sakes. It's a simple enough case.
>>
>>18346687
>33
>still immature baby incapable of controlling its own actions and bearing consequences

How much dissapointment you are op? Is alcohol your biggest life issue or do you use it just to mask symptoms of bigger issues?

This
>>18346696
>>
>>18346904
Maybe, yeah I use it as a crutch. How do I get my life back I order at this point?
>>
I feel like suicide but know that will fade.
>>
I got no kids and I own a house but still no real career. Any advice for a anon my age?
>>
>>18347033
>own a house
>wah I can't afford a lawyer
Idiot.
>>
>>18347021
>back in order
Start by asking yourself what do you want from your life. I am certain that abusing alcohol isnt one of your goals.

But really, at your age you should be able to figure it out. So, what is wrong anon and how are you planning to realize improvements? More than often people here just need slap to get over from lethargy and minor encouragement to start doing something.

So anon, what will you do?

>>18347189
This is adv, not /makeOpSuicide/
>>
>>18347194
>This is adv, not /makeOpSuicide/
Honestly I'd have said to sign his car over to the lawyer but that's apparently totaled out. I don't know what the fuck he's thinking.
>>
>>18347203
>thinking
Some people dont think. Because when they do, they realize how bad their lives are and rather curb the looming depression with alcohol.

I think op's problem with totalled car and alcohol are jist tip of iceberg.
>>
>>18347234
I'm happy people are responding. How long will I lose my license for a second dui? I guess this is a kick in the balls I needed. The first one should have been it though.
>>
What should I do about school now. I have about 90 credits. OK grades.
>>
>>18347345
>happy
Op i am sorry, but this looks like you are starved for attention. Do you even do friends? Relationships? Are you boy or girl?

>>18347353
And why are you still in school?

Dude, i dont know how much problems you got, but loneliness and alcoholism isnt good. What about making post with your run down of problems at once?

/adv cant help with problems pilling one over another.
>>
I've got a girl. Probably not for long now, but literally I just want advice about this dui and how to get through this. How will it effect my financial aid?
>>
Should I just give up on school? I don't know how a 2 dui. 33+ year old could be a teacher. Then again I don't know... I've heard stories. Will post hotties if still getting advice.
>>
Doubt your life is ruined but it might be a good time to get help for the alcohol issue.

Not assuming you're a raging alcoholic, but I'd say it's enough of a problem that you need to make a concerted effort to limit your intake.
>>
>>18347402

You should probably finish it. How much longer do you have?

Also what are your current skills and work experience?
>>
>>18347412
Yeah I hear that. Guess I'm lucky to be alive. My whole life flashed before my eyes.... it involved a lot of food.
>>
>>18347426
My work experience is spotty. Worked lots of factory jobs. Was a janitor one time and I used to be a spot welder, but no technical degree in it. Done a lot of retail, I've got some experience as an it guy at last job. Been fired a few times too. This dui is just a new low and work is gonna be hard now on top of school plus all the fees that will come with it will pile on to my school debt.
>>
Currently I have no school debt but if I choose to continue I soon will. Art education is my degree.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.