[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving out safely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1494432094337.jpg (191KB, 500x500px)
1494432094337.jpg
191KB, 500x500px
Hey, so my mom and stepdad say that at the end of the Summer since I'm graduating from high school, they're gonna make me pay a 200$ rent. I work at a grocery store that barely gives me hours and I'm trying to buy a car, but I can't save and pay up because of my terrible hours my boss gives me. My mom and stepdad also verbally assault me on nearly a daily basis, my mother has called me a failure many times who isn't doing anything with my life. I just want to buy a car, get /fit/, and move in somewhere nice with a better job.

I could move out and live with my dad, but his house is horribly filthy, not hoarder-tier, but the carpets are coated with dog hair, parts of the walls are missing, the beds are covered with hair and grime, it's not where I want to be but it's my last resort. What can I Do? I need to move out quickly. Please help and feel free to ask other questions if you think it's necessary.

Tl;Dr faggot has to pay rent he can't afford to verbally abusive mum and stepdad, needs to move out, halp
>>
Move in with your dad, clean the place up, save your money, keep looking for jobs until you find a better one.

When you do, move out. Living with other people will keep the cost down.
>>
File: 1494333365298.png (178KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494333365298.png
178KB, 400x300px
>>18345933
Alright, I'm thinking I should move out quick, like take my stuff out within an hour of starting to move and get to my dad's house before anyone gets home, because I know things will get ugly if I tell them I'm moving out, and it'll be even worse if they catch me transporting my stuff. What do?
>>
Get an apartment on Section 8. Why live with fucking family??
>>
>>18345928

You have time until the end of the summer, yeah? So talk to your dad, ask if it's fine you move in and clean up the place before the time comes. Then move in with him, seek a better job and move onwards. I doubt your mom or stepdad will throw a fit, the whole point of asking you to pay rent is to get you to leave probably.
>>
>>18345928
Do what I did: pretend you're going minimalist to either throw your shit away or briefly store it somewhere else. you get to a point you can put your shit in a backpack? leave with no notice. also, start to get over sentimental items, yeah?
>>
>>18346379
I'm transporting a closet of clothes, shoes, some basic shit from over the past few years, and a 1200 dollar computer. Taking anything out at all is gonna cause suspicion.
>>
>>18346545
i have a set of boots, shoes, two shirts and pants. don't take your entire closet.
>>
>>18346545
also, what basic shit?
>>
>>18346560
Really small trinkets, I don't have that much so really, taking anything at all would be noticeable.
>>18346558
But I want to get my clothes out too
>>
>>18345928
>verbally assault
stopped reading there
grow up
>>
File: crusader_20170214_165327.jpg (22KB, 200x253px) Image search: [Google]
crusader_20170214_165327.jpg
22KB, 200x253px
Get a friend get a uhaul and rush that shit while there out.
>>
>>18346570
if you're going to start living like a vagrant, you need to throw most of your shit out.
>>
File: 1495631646492.png (626KB, 787x830px)
1495631646492.png
626KB, 787x830px
>>18346615
I'd be living in my dad's home, not like a homeless person.
>>18346603
That's what I was thinking, but a uhaul is probably going overboard, since I can't take the bed, wardrobe, or my desk.
>>18346593
K
>>
>>18345928
leave, NOW

and totally cut them out of your life so that they learn to not mistreat you again
>>
>>18346735
I can't leave now, I have to graduate which is in a week, then I need to quit my current part time job since my dad's home is too far to be dropped off at daily. I'm gonna have to wait 3 weeks.
>>
>>18346603
I second that, get some friends you know you can depend on to help you move everything out fast. And if your mom or stepdad come back unexpectedly, just have them keep moving your stuff.
But talk to your dad first and make sure he knows and is ok with you moving in.
>>
File: 1495469390141.jpg (392KB, 800x800px)
1495469390141.jpg
392KB, 800x800px
>>18346782
That sounds like the best idea. Unfortunately, I don't have any friends
>>
>>18345928
What's the price for rent around your parts? Are they asking market rate with that $200 or is it discounted?
>>
>>18346570
theyre going to notice anyway when youre not there. find a time when you can get all your shit in one trip when they aren't around. rent, or find a friend with, a truck.
>>
>>18346978
Average is 100 around my parts
>>
You're clearly an annoyance for them, I guess they wanna be able to fuck all day. Your mom is irresponsible as fuck, don't forget to tell that birch what you think about her. Good you still have your dad tho. Good luck anon, I lived something quite similar, when you've sorted your shit out, you'll be so fine you'll actually be able to get fit.
>>
>>18347086
So it's punitive? Da fuq?

Get out, to the old mans' but hell you could get a better place readily enough. Main pivot I expect is becoming more valued at your workplace so as your boss offers you better hours, so giving you enough for rent and disposable for saving towards that car. But anyway.
>>
>>18347109
My dad's is 20 minutes away and as stated previously, I don't have a car yet. I don't even have a license. I don't think I'd be able to get over to my job every day, and this I think I'm gonna have to quit and find a closer job.
>>18347105
I thought about just being an absolute cunt the last day, but my stepdad has severe anger issues and I'd probably have my face put through a brick wall if I called my mom anything. This is why I want to leave when nobody is here, if I go when someone is here, either myself or my belongings are gonna get broken.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.