[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What qualities do you appreciate in people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: y1z1w.jpg (277KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
y1z1w.jpg
277KB, 1920x1200px
What qualities do you appreciate in people?
>>
>>18345692
Honesty
Kindness
Altruism
Intelligence
>>
>>18345692
Ability to actually ask advice on advice forum...
>>
naked
>>
>>18345692
nice feet
>>
>>18346296
I want advice on what kinds of qualities I should focus on developing, since my personality isn't very good.
>>
>>18345692
I appreciate people who mind their own business and people who talk only the necessary.
>>
>>18345692
really now I've thinned the list
honest
kind
intelligence
curiosity
>>
>>18345692
Not being a cunt
>>
>>18345692
Self awareness
Kindness
Gratitude
Good sense of humor
>>
>>18345692

Openmindedness
The ability to learn and apply
Effort
Passion / expertise in something
Integrity/honesty
Generosity
>>
>>18345692
Selflessnes, as in, when insulted, not actually getting mad even if the other person means to inflict harm and isn't joking around. I can do that and generally end up befriending people who "hate" me in the long run and i need someone like that so that they can keep up with me i guess.
other than that, the usual crap: honesty, kindness, good humour
>>
>>18347757
This.

Nothing shows this better than watching someone get into a very confronting situation, and watch them calmy and genuinely forgive whoever caused it. It's amazing what that does to my view of a person.
>>
>>18347757
I am like this

I don't get mad, but I do get sad internally :( But I do a pretty good job of not showing it and people always apologize later and say they respect me for not ever giving in
>>
>>18345692
Originality and imagination
That's it
I'm even attracted to really fucked up people so long as they are original and imaginative
>>
>>18345692
I like people who are kind, optimistic, and like to learn.
>>
>>18345692
Warmness, a person who can make you feel welcome and validated is a person I love to be around. Only problem is that it's really obvious to me when someone is faking it, or at least isn't good enough at faking it.
>>
File: 1459873948874.png (38KB, 245x237px) Image search: [Google]
1459873948874.png
38KB, 245x237px
Honesty. It's one of the main reasons I even use this shitty site and the shitty boards it comes with. Even if there's low quality posting out the ass, at least I can find comfort in knowing that people are being honest in their anonymity and not putting on a front for their own social image.
>>
>>18345692
Giving a fuck about me back, I'll settle for that
>>
>>18345692
the quality to try and not fuck someone over at every oppopurnity.

It's fucking ridiculous. The moment you show any form of compassion most people try to drain you dry. I hate interacting with people now because of this.
>>
Large breasts
thin waist
bubbly butt
>>
>>18345692
Honesty. Ability to admit you're wrong and learn from it. Openness. Critical thinker. Constructively self critical.

And above all: accountable.
>>
>>18347874
I think your friend circles and sources of people have been extremely different from mine.

Ive rarely met these people you and others talk about. And when they show up theyre outcasted.

What is happening wherever everybody else is??
>>
Honesty
Kindness
Hard worker
Responsible
Doesn't talk shit behind people's backs and doesn't make fun of less popular or liked people in group settings
>>
>>18347856
This. This is what keeps me coming back here. Totally honest people. Sure the demographic here isnt very telling of what the majority of people are like. But its a glimpse at the very least.
>>
>>18347884
And what metric do you use to measure your wrongness? It's usually a matter of opinion, of one person's will overpowering another. What you think is "honesty" is actually how you want to be able to overpower others with your own prejudices.

You demand submission that's been dressed up by your self-righteous conception of yourself and your perceptions, while failing to account for the fact that others have perceptions of their own.
>>
this thread makes me sad
>>
>>18347888
Oh no, I have a great group of friends its just that my previous jobs required me most of the time to interact with the dregs of society, and having some pretty crappy bosses in the past.
>>
>>18347899
Im wrong a lot. I embrace it. Its a learning experience.

Im not talking about subjective things like whats a better way to spend your time or what morals are right vs. What are wrong. On that front im live how you want and be who you want. That seems to be what you think im getting at.

I mean body of scientific evidence vs. Deeply held beliefs and emotion and objective reality.

Or more recently as its coming up a lot with politics the way they are, being politically charged and listening to absolutely nothing the other side says because their generally body of belief doesnt jive with you world view.

Im liberal. I love well informed conservatives. They teach me things and offer perspectives i cannot get from my circles, and sometimes they present me with facts i dont like but the entire body of information and statistics holds true for whatever specific thing theyre showing me.

Thats what i mean.
>>
>>18347905
Ah. The work world.

Yes its a different beast.
>>
>>18345692
Stoicism.
>>
>>18347913
Bodies of scientific evidence are decided by consistency and consensus belief in that consistency. So what happens if someone has an experience that is objectively valid but hasn't yet been tested? They're mocked for not fitting the current model.

No, an admiration for honesty is, in my opinion, an admiration for everyone representing them as they are, regardless of how false they might be once proven to be false, not how I personally think they should be because I believe myself to be true and them to be false.
>>
>>18347961
*everyone representing themselves
>>
>>18347913
What I really mean is, that someone who has deeply held beliefs and tells you they do IS being honest. Someone who has deeply held beliefs and tells you they don't ISN'T. You can't compare them to some grandiose truth because you don't know what that truth is, all you know is whether or not they're putting on a front to get what they want instead of representing themselves.
>>
>>18347961

>So what happens if someone has an experience that is objectively valid but hasn't yet been tested? They're mocked for not fitting the current model.

More like they're told to go test it.
>>
>>18347983
Despite the fact that it is usually beyond their capabilities to test it in a way that can be broached to the masses.

Not my point, anyway. For someone to believe something that you disagree with or that has not been proven to be true does not imply dishonesty on their part: they are honest about what they think is true. For you to think otherwise is only a projection of your own ideals and a paranoid assertion on your part.
>>
>>18347998
>For someone to believe something that you disagree with or that has not been proven to be true does not imply dishonesty on their part: they are honest about what they think is true. For you to think otherwise is only a projection of your own ideals and a paranoid assertion on your part.

Agreed, but I don't think anyone was saying that.

>And what metric do you use to measure your wrongness? It's usually a matter of opinion, of one person's will overpowering another. What you think is "honesty" is actually how you want to be able to overpower others with your own prejudices.

You demand submission that's been dressed up by your self-righteous conception of yourself and your perceptions, while failing to account for the fact that others have perceptions of their own.

This seems strange, only applicable in specific instances, and the last part flat wrong - others obviously have perceptions of their own, which is part of the premise.

I think you mean "others' perceptions about life experiences that cannot be experimented upon are more likely to be a matter of opinion" - or something along those lines.

Quite a lot of things are subject to logic and rational thought experiments, though, so you seem to fall into the "extreme skeptic" camp.

The more unassailable a skeptic position is, the more of a moot point it becomes, and useless / impractical to follow.
>>
>>18347785
I too do this. If someone is pissing me off I give no reaction (mainly because they WANT a reaction). If someone insults me for any reason my reaction is to agree with them and it sometimes completely shuts them down. Sometimes it does hurt internally. This has gotten to a point in where I don't even show any emotion, happy or sad. I get called "the robot" all the time by people who don't know me very well
>>
really understanding. gives space, as trust in people
>>
>>18348118
Oh, I never agree. I just think less of them as a person. But I don't show them that it bothers me.
>>
>>18348118
>>18347785
how do you guys do this without being treated like a doormat? genuinely curious.

when people give me shit and i take it like a sucker without going off on them, they just see it as a way to continue their shit until i sit them straight? and that part is tough for me, because i hate confrontation.

the qualities i appreciate:
>being genuine as a person
>empathy and respect for everyone and everything regardless of status
>being able to communicate feelings in a mature manner to clear any tension (only found 2 people in my life who can do this)
>honesty and integrity
>being able to think for themselves
>seeing the genuine good in everyone
>patience

i try to be that person but man, it's hard.
>>
>>18348156
>>18348118
I have a friend who drunk drives regularly, and he never tries that shit around me because I never let him do it. He drunkenly cusses me the fuck out, threatens to fight me, gets up right in my face, tells me he'll fuck my girlfriend. I just stand there and dont give a fuck. Yet its earned his respect and he allows me to drive him and his car home now.

>>18348159
Its not about being a doormat, you don't just totally ignore it and let them vent. You cut them off and calmly tell them that its not gonna work on you. The point is to show that people throwing insults and bitchfits at you is pointless because you wont give them the reaction they want. Ironically it makes them the doormat instead, because people who do that are used to doing that shit to get their way and people usually don't stand up to it
>>
>>18345703
I have au...oh altruism
>>
>>18348163
interesting, how does this fare with passive aggressive actions?

sorry, just trying to get a better understanding of how i can enjoy the people around me better and improve some relationships.
>>
>>18348222
Tell them straight up to say what they mean.
>>
>>18348225
>>18348225
Or, "Don't talk to me that way. I know you're more upset than you're letting on." Shit like that.

Key though is once again, maintaining a calm tone of voice, not an accusatory or angry one. The goal is to state the boundaries of how people should converse with you, or you don't play the game at all. You relate it all to how you are to be treated, rather than trying to tell them how to act.
>>
>>18345692
the ability to shut the fuck up
>>
>>18345692
If they're able to stay away from me.

I don't want to put up with anyone anymore. I want to be alone.
>>
Honesty
Loyalty
Intelligence
Kindness
>>
Not asleep
>>
>>18348390
And love.
>>
positivity
honesty
thoughtfulness
confidence
>>
>>18346364
this
>>
>>18348390
>>18348403
This is everything women aren't.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.