[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to have/show emotion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1653.png (632KB, 784x592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1653.png
632KB, 784x592px
ever since i was around 16-17 i've had a difficult time displaying emotion even if i feel any at all. i've been diagnosed with depression/anxiety yaddah yaddah. i dated a schizo for two years and he always had that "flat/blunted face affect" from the disorder and i think it somehow rubbed off on me possibly. anyway, i'm in a new relationship and the person im dating says i always come off as cold and sort of scary/unapproachable. he says i never display emotion at all and it's hard to read what i'm thinking at any given time.

half the time i feel no emotion/mild emotion but he said the other half of the time when i'm happy/sad he still can't see any emotion at all.

how do i fix this?
>>
>>18344828
Did you try showing your emotions and failed when you were a child?
>>
>>18344837
i was an extremely angry child i always hurt myself and others when i got angry and was pretty outgoing/ out there so if anything i showed too much emotion
>>
>>18344843
>i was an extremely angry child
>i showed too much emotion

What made you change?
>>
>>18344846
i was bullied at the age of 12 and it shut me down forever essentially. now i never get angry and i'm shy as fuck
>>
>>18344850
How did your parents react?
>>
>>18344852
they didn't know about the bullying until i was around 15. i'm 19 now and my dad still gets upset occasionally/ will mildly poke fun of the fact that i'm so introverted now. i think a genetic anxiety disorder at 14 also shut me down a bit
>>
>>18344860
>and my dad still gets upset occasionally
Wait, how come your dad actually gets upset about you being introverted?
>>
>>18344864
i was so upbeat and happy as a kid despite my occasional anger that i think he misses the old me a lot... after the age of about 12 i clammed up completely
>>
>>18344870
May I suggest getting therapy? You probably need one to learn how to securely open up to others.
>>
>>18344874
To add up

I don't think you don't feel anything. This sounds more like you not willing to feel your emotions because it may bring out bad memories from when you were bullied. That stage of your life sounds unresolved and you need to close it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.