[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Bout to turn 21, any advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Beer.jpg (537KB, 1500x778px) Image search: [Google]
Beer.jpg
537KB, 1500x778px
Basically, 21st B-day coming round the corner and never drank that much to begin with. Anyway, what do you recommend? Also, if anyone knows some random advice on Beer/Liquor that'd be cool too.
>>
>>18344566
Don't drink. You are opening Pandora's box that will lead you down the path of a party animal that will drink and screw your way through dozens of girls and then around age 25 wonder wtf you were doing that whole time and if it's too late to get your life together/find true love. Go to the movies, an amusement park, a trip to someplace you have never been. Drinking and partying is a meme that will destroy your youth. Don't do it.
>>
>>18344566
Liquor before beer you're in the clear
Don't mix different types of alcohol your first time and I would recommend sticking to beer. I always feel better when I get drunk off beer as opposed to hard liquor.
>>
I don't like drinking at all, i mean there are a few drikinks out there very cool but they don't worth getting drunk, really dude be careful when you have to deal with alchool, it's not cool how it looks.... hope you'll never going to assist/partecipate to rave party cause they are very sad indeed :/
>>
Get any binge drinking you want to do out of your system in the next 2-3 years before you're at high risk for hangovers, then settle down and drink for the taste rather than the high.
>>
>>18344566
I dont care how many people buy you drinks or encourage you to drink lots. DO NOT OVERDO IT.

It takes at a minimum of 30 minutes for the affects of alcohol being drunk to the effects. Seriously drink on drink per 30 minutes, wait then maybe drink more. DO NOT give in to peer pressure. Anyone calling you a pussy or making fun of you is a COMPLETE CUNT. Ignore them, take your time, dont drink too much.
>>
Getting drunk off beer (unless your tolerance is low that day in particular and you never drink) means getting bloated and being full of piss. The taste is alright though, contrary to what people say, and the good brews are quite enjoyable.

Whiskey tastes like sweet nectar. I probably sound like an alcoholic, but only really low shelf whiskey doesn't taste like pure happiness with a dash of masculinity.

Tequila is pretty awful, but in a, "Yeah, I'm doing shots!" exciting type of way.

Vodka is not the best tasting alcohol, but it's the most neutral tasting, so people who don't like the taste of alcohol enjoy this. Vodka needs to be distilled extensively, so there's a really strong price-to-quality correlation right up until the FAUNCY stuff.

Wine stains terribly and I wouldn't recommend it at bars.

Mixed drinks are okay if you're cool with your sexuality, in fact they're supposed to be fucking delicious.
>>
OP don't listen to this guy >>18344630 he's just a pussy, it's fine to get blackout drunk once or twice in your life because you're pretty much guaranteed to never have any interest in getting that drunk ever again.
>>
OP, there are only 3 reasons why people drink; they are masking their pain, they are dealing with the harshness of life or they are trying to fit it because it's "cool". Everything in your post is telling me you want to drink because it's seen as the cool thing to do. Don't open yourself to drinking when the majority of people using it are chemically addicted to it.
>>
>>18344655
haha
have people always been this illogical, or is it a genuine "today's youth" kind of thing

literally nothing in your post made me want to binge drink, and girls who binge drink are sluts
>>
>>18344666
OP Here, so even people who like to 'casually drink' are also the third option? Not trying to be a dick. Just curious.
>>
>>18344666
way to stretch the definition of chemically addicted

I'd bet my next five years wages that you are more addicted to sugar than the average drinker is to alcohol

and what's wrong with masking pain, dealing with harshness, and getting along socially? that all sounds alright to me

the only thing wrong with alcohol is that it's not like other recreational drugs in that it's very hard to set your dose and not overdo it.
>>
>>18344685
I guess the irony involved in what I was saying went right over your head.
>>
>>18344725
heheh

there are people unironically like that bro

yeah, I would say that whatever OP does on his 21st is hardly going to matter, because a few nights drinking is not a big deal

so long as he doesn't join in the alcohol hedonist penis parties where everyone goes to waste themselves

actually wait that sounds kind of fun
>>
>>18344718
>and what's wrong with masking pain, dealing with harshness, and getting along socially? that all sounds alright to me
>The only thing wrong with alcohol is that it's not like other recreational drugs in that it's very hard to set your dose and not overdo it
You answered your own question. Sure, plenty of experienced adults who have made those mistakes can moderate themselves fairly well, but OP is 21 and has come to an Ethiopian pottery board for advice on what alcohol to purchase. People in his age group are more prone to overdoing it. Why wouldn't I caution him away from it altogether knowing this?
>>
>>18344739
that's true

I started drinking when I was 14 and knew what to buy...

a big ol "HEY GUYS I'M 21 AND WHATS THIS" post is kind of ominous
>>
>>18344744
OP Again. Heh, yeah. I know. I've never been a drinker and turned down many parties and shots just because I really didn't want the whole 'get wasted and fuck' lifestyle. I guess I just wanted to try it all out on my 21st birthday.
>>
File: meme man ak47.png (188KB, 626x586px) Image search: [Google]
meme man ak47.png
188KB, 626x586px
>>18344772
>didn't want to get wasted and fuck
>>
>>18344772
I get the fascination, but it's honestly not worth it. You get buzzed or drunk, your inhibitions get lowered making you more prone to act on inclinations you hold back in your normal everyday life which can lead to mildly amusing events at best and cripplingly regretful ones at worst. You're better off taking a trip somewhere or buying something you've always wanted.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.