[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this all in my friends head?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: social_1.5.jpg (336KB, 984x1093px) Image search: [Google]
social_1.5.jpg
336KB, 984x1093px
She claims that everyone she meets eventually propositions her for sex or wants something sexual from her. She was recently diagnosed with depression, PTSD and social anxiety so a part of me feels like she may be falling into a delusion where she reads the wrong social cues from people, but she has told me many times of situations where she has tried to make friends, but it devolving into them saying "I think we should have sex" or " I've always thought you were cute" or "do you want to have a threesome with my spouse". She constantly tells me that she's being flirted with at work and that even though she has a boyfriend, that people ask him how they got together and if she is bisexual (which she is).

Since she is bisexual, she spends a good amount of time in the LGBT community, so I thought that maybe it might be the people she surrounds herself with in those circles, but whenever I try to argue this she shuts me down and calls me a bigot. Being straight, I have never been around for any of these situations, and while I do not totally doubt her I believe to a certain degree she may be over exaggerating or reading too much into things. Any advice would be helpful.
>>
>>18344520
Stories like this make me thankful i don't have any friends that are girls. She sounds narcissistic and self obsessed. It isn't your job to inform her that she isn't a universal object of desire. Let her entertain her delusions in that tiny little head.
>>
>>18344520
Let me guess, your friend is very forward, often sexually, and demands a large amount of attention.

Your friend seeks out these people, whether or not she's even consciously aware of it.
>>
Could be. I have this same problem. I don't even know what to do about it anymore. So I just stay home most of the time and try not to get too close to people to where they'd get the opportunity to develop feelings.
>>
>>18344624
Not sure about that, but I do know that she has engaged in sex with many people prior to her boyfriend, including getting into threesomes and one night stands. Again, I think it may be the community she surrounds herself with. I hear many tales of the LGBT community being less commitment based and enabling hookup culture.

>>18344629
Really? Can you elaborate on what it's like?
>>
>>18344683
Well, for starters, I'm not trying to say I'm this perfect example of irresistible beauty or anything. I'm easy on the eyes sure, but I think what draws people to me the most is that I'm just really empathic and altruistic. People feel like they can tell me stuff and I'm always willing to listen. Guys tend to get confused about it. They assume I'm in to them right away because I have the capacity to really care about them. And I do. I just seldom want romantic involvement. And it's fucking tough.
I'll be having a platonic conversation with someone and then suddenly they'll send me a picture of their dick. I'll be chilling at a guys house playing vidya or some shit and they'll lean in for a kiss. Sometimes the guy will even have a girlfriend and it makes me feel like a gigantic whore just because I'm friendly.
It's pretty lonely. Nothing is ever the same after I reject an advance. The guy will get hurt and nasty and not talk to me anymore.
There have been times where I've just gone along with the sex just to make a fucking stable friendship with someone and that doesn't work either. Once they get it, they leave.
It's all really confusing and I'm pretty jaded because of it. I have to make myself more of an asshole nowadays just to avoid these situations, even though it's not in my nature at all to be that way. I have no close friends.
Not even female friends, because I'm a bit of an offbeat tomboy I guess.
>>
>>18344742
>I'll be having a platonic conversation with someone and then suddenly they'll send me a picture of their dick. I'll be chilling at a guys house playing vidya or some shit and they'll lean in for a kiss. Sometimes the guy will even have a girlfriend and it makes me feel like a gigantic whore just because I'm friendly
Not to be rude, but you can't tell me that you couldn't read the mood to sense that something like that was coming? Usually guys are pretty obvious about their desires and it's easy to pick up on, especially if you are empathetic like you say. Not everyone is out to get in your pants. I think it might be the case like with what >>18344624 said, you may be unconsciously seeking out or inviting that behavior for some reason, be it validation or self deprivation because of past trauma.
>>
>>18344520
I know a girl like this. She dresses like a slut and acts like a whore. Then she complains she has no friends because all guys ever want from her is sex.
>>
>>18344742
>There have been times where I've just gone along with the sex just to make a fucking stable friendship with someone and that doesn't work either. Once they get it, they leave.
>Boohoo riding the cock carousel just makes guys hit it and quit it
Maybe have more respect for yourself and who you give your body too and guys will too.
>>
File: raw.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>18344520
She sounds like a psycho. Claims every time someone talks to her they want to fuck her, laundry list of mental disorders, screechy about LGBT shit when you literally said nothing about the group as a whole just who she was talking to?

She sounds like shes been indoctrinated by... The site that shall not be named.
>>
>>18344520
>she spends a good amount of time in the LGBT community, so I thought that maybe it might be the people she surrounds herself with in those circles
You are correct with your assessment OP but a losing battle in your attempt to convince her so stop. Too much effort
>>
>>18344624
It's this

That's all she gets because that's all she is looking for
>>
>>18344742
>this incredible amount of attention I am getting is making me lonely despite it being the literal opposite of it and I being the prime facilitator of such attention
>>
From anecdotal experience with women, but for many many years, I'd say that it's pretty likely.

Even this not-great-looking friend of mine from high school gets propositions often, and we're all nearing 30.

Girls have something everybody wants, especially pretty girls. I was an ugly duckling in high school, got fit, and I can tell you that getting hit on when you want to be left alone is real fucking annoying.

But yeah, I've had drunk dudes come up and hit on my friends while I'm sitting right there with them. Girls get hit on literally all the time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.