[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please convince me not to date my ex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Stupid.jpg (197KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid.jpg
197KB, 1920x1200px
I know logically this is not a good idea, but I feel like I need someone else to tell me.

I'll try to keep this short, but still detailed enough.
So me and my ex dated late last year for about a month and a half. This was my first relationship, but even I could tell we "moved too fast". We broke up amicably and decided to stay friends. She started dating someone within a couple weeks and I was completely fine with that.
Flash forward to about February and she says she's breaking up with him and we start hanging out again (just going to get lunch or going for a walk). She says she wants to give us another chance and I was pretty hesitant, but she said we'd take it a lot slower this time, so I agreed.
However, she found out shortly after leaving him that she was pregnant (no chance it's mine as we hadn't had sex since November last year). She wanted to go back to him to try and work things out with him as he was the father of her baby. I was completely ok with this, but did give her my two cents that a baby shouldn't be the reason you stay together. The difference this time being that she started confessing to me the problems they had (no point in going into detail, but the usual stuff you see from bad boyfriends on this sub). But then she brought up the fact that he sexually assaulted her a couple nights in a row when she wouldn't have sex with him. I wanted to tell her to break up with him, but didn't think it was entirely fair of me to say at the time considering we had previously dated. Thankfully, she actually broke up with him a few weeks ago after another friend told her what I was thinking.

Cont.
>>
>>18343670

So that brings me to the past two weeks or so. A few days after she told me she left him she asks if she can come over and play some video games. Eventually we end up kissing on my bed and she tries to initiate sex. I decline saying it's not a good idea. However, she initiates the kissing again and we end up having sex. I don't want this to sound like this wasn't consensual on my part, I was just hesistant as I wasn't sure it was the best idea.
Since then we've started hanging out again like in February, and have had sex a few more times. But I don't really want a relationship with a single mom. I've always said I would never date a single mom, but here I am basically doing that. I haven't hid this from her and she has said she doesn't want to label us. She has said she doesn't want a relationship right now regardless and would want to wait for around a year before we decide to actually date so I can see what it's like to be with a single mom. The way she explained this made me feel a lot more at ease, as I thought dating her would essentially make me the dad immediately and I don't want that right now (graduating from college in about 6 months).

Cont.
>>
>>18343675
Basically, I'm just extremely confused on what I should do. Regardless of what we do, I don't think I'm going to date anyone before graduating (I live at home and this was really the reason I had never dated before her asking me out last year). On the one hand I definitely have feelings for her, but I'm not sure how much of that is just because she was my first etc. On the other hand, I have my whole life ahead of me and don't want to get tied down with a kid (that isn't even mine). Don't get me wrong, I want kids, but I just always pictured myself waiting until at least my late 20s, so I could have experienced life as an actual adult and built up a nest egg of sorts to give any kids I have a great life. If we do start dating in about a year I will more than likely have a nice job, but I won't have gotten to experience life that much. She has also said that I might change my mind in a few years, so she would be willing to wait on me. However, I really don't think that's fair to her or the kid and couldn't live with myself if I did get back together with her.

I could add more to this, but I think I've gone on long enough for any readers to draw a conclusion. Thank you so much for any and all advice.
>>
>>18343670
1. Post longer than 2000 without tldr doesnt deserve replies at all.

2. Realize that dating ex is bad because for whatever reason you broke up in the first place IS STILL VALID.

It is like trying to repain shattered mirror. Go find new gf. Good luck.
>>
Cut contact and find a new girl. Your mistake is the same as everyone's. You didn't cut contact.
>>
>she found out she's pregnant in february
>couldn't be mine because we hadn't had sex since november
that's only 3 months. It could be yours and she just doesn't keep track of her periods. It's happened before.

That being said, as far as convincing you, here you go. You date this girl there *will* be a child, yours or not. Dating her is 100% signing up to be a dad. You said you wanted to wait, well, this will happen in a few months.

And whatever you think you heard from her, you're wrong. The child will be her priority, and honestly it should be. She could easily be telling you whatever will make you stick around so that her kid has a father.

...I don't care anymore to finish whatever I was saying in the post. Do whatever you want.
>>
>>18343670
>>>18343670
>1. Post longer than 2000 without tldr doesnt deserve replies at all.

Ah sorry I forgot to include that. I'll add one in a reply

>2. Realize that dating ex is bad because for whatever reason you broke up in the first place IS STILL VALID.
>
>It is like trying to repain shattered mirror. Go find new gf. Good luck.

That is a great analogy. Thanks anon
>>
>>18343670
>>she found out she's pregnant in february
>>couldn't be mine because we hadn't had sex since november
>that's only 3 months. It could be yours and she just doesn't keep track of her periods. It's happened before.

Does it change if she has gone to quite a few doctors appointments where they've dated the pregnancy? We did have a pregnancy scare when we were dating and she was late a few days and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. This honestly doesn't help the situation. Fuck anon, thanks for the reply though
>>
>>18343670
>>18343675
>>18343680

TL;DR: Ex and I were going to give it another chance, but she got pregnant and things didn't work out with the baby's dad. Now she wants a life with me, but I'm not sure I'm ready to be a step-dad.
>>
>>18344537
Statistically people that end relationships and then get back together end up breaking up again.
>>
>>18344737

Ah yeah that is another reason I didn't want to.
>>
>>18343670
>convince me not to cut off my own dick

have at it, OP
>>
>>18345650

Well that's an eloquent way of putting it, thanks anon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.