[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need advice getting myself out of this mess... I posted here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I need advice getting myself out of this mess...

I posted here a couple days ago about this; a girl in my graduate program asked me on a date. Normally I would never do this with someone I would have to see on a daily basis (don't shit where you live) but this girl is really attractive. So we went on the date and I thought it went well; we ended up making out and holding hands etc.

Fast forward a couple of days, I tried to set up plans to see this girl again but she gave me a bullshit "I'm busy I'll have to get back to you" response. When I see her on campus she acts very unfriendly towards me. It also now seems that people in my program that were once very friendly with me are being unpleasant/unfriendly to me, which I'm guessing has a strong correlation to the date the girl and I went on.

Thoughts on how to "get myself out" of this? I'm just trying to be "myself" and act how I always did... as IMO I didn't do anything wrong? Help?
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>18343220
You ignore them. If she wants to decide that her date was "bad" and be stupid about it you have the right to ignore her childish antics.
>>
>>18343220
>So we went on the date and I thought it went well; we ended up making out and holding hands etc.
NICE. High-five, anon.

>Fast forward a couple of days, I tried to set up plans to see this girl again but she gave me a bullshit "I'm busy I'll have to get back to you" response.
Was this your first contact with her after the date?! That might be why she's pissy.

>It also now seems that people in my program that were once very friendly with me are being unpleasant/unfriendly to me
You might just be imagining things. Don't let it bother you. Continue to socialize as normal.

>Thoughts on how to "get myself out" of this?
Time and experience. Even if your program-mates are pissed at you for some reason, it'll settle down if you don't start isolating yourself. I made this mistake in law school after an embarrassing night at the bars. It was 100% in my head, but I let it isolate me from all the friends I'd made that semester, and naturally they stopped talking to me. I regret doing that so fucking much.
>>
>>18343311
>>18343308
Thank you guys, I appreciate the advice. I'm fine if the girl doesn't want to persuade a relationship (if anything that would be a horrible idea being in the same program) but I don't want thing drama as I did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>18343368
>I'm fine if the girl doesn't want to persuade a relationship (if anything that would be a horrible idea being in the same program)

I forgot to comment on this. Don't worry about the whole "don't shit where you eat" thing. Depending on how big your program is, it doesn't apply to grad school.

Fuck, in my law school we must've had at least a half dozen marriages, and well over a dozen couples break up.
>>
>>18343386
Lol thank you again for your input. There are only 20 people in my program (18 girls and 2 guys myself included) so dating probably isn't the greatest idea to begin with.
>>
>>18343422
>18 girls and 2 guys myself included
Fuck, that sounds awesome.

Honestly I'd just go back to acting normal. Keep interacting with classmates. Yeah, there might be a little drama but it'll settle down.

Seriously though, what contact have you made with the girl since your date? My "best practice" is to try to arrange the next date during the date, and at least text her saying I had fun hanging out with her the same day after I get home. It's one of those things that guys tend to overthink as sounding desperate but is so basic that it's more common courtesy which, if you don't do it, is insulting... like how making a girl pay for her meal used to be a huge insult.
>>
>>18343449
She texted me afterwards saying that she got to work save. I said "I had fun we should do this again" and she said "I had fun too!." I texted her like 3 days later about getting lunch again.
>>
>>18343480
Ah. Well whatever. It didn't work out. Don't beat yourself up about it.
>>
bang one of her friends instead
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.