[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does uni ranking matter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1479851938223.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1479851938223.png
208KB, 807x935px
I had a "troubled" childhood up until about 16, when I did a complete 180 and got A*A*A*A* at A level (for burgerlards, the average at Oxford is 2.7) . Couldn't apply anywhere good because of shitty past though.

Is this going to fuck me over for the rest of my life?
>>
>>18338613

no. be the top at your shitty university and make connections and you should be fine. or transfer if that's available for britbongs the next time you can, provided that you have stellar grades
>>
>>18338614
You can't transfer here. My uni isn't truly shit, but it's way below what my final grades were good enough for.
>>
>>18338615
Where do you go lad?
>>
Do you have a criminal record or something?
>>
Yes, it's going to be harder to reach some career paths. No, you're not fucked over for the rest of your life. Try hard enough and nearly everything is obtainable.
>>
Yes unless you are attending IAS at the age of 3 like me you aren't gonna make it in this cut-throat world.

There isn't enough room on this Earth for second rate engineers, scientists and mathematics.

Sorry bub
>>
>>18338613
You'll be fine dude chill
Just do some projects relevant to the major you're interested in
I had an 8 for a solid 5 weeks in fucking art class during my freshman year and then a 30 for like the entire year in English II and that did virtually nothing to my college chances
Then again I made all 7 periods both Junior and Senior year AP classes and only failed the Spanish one because it was savage
t. Colorado School of Mines student
>>
>>18338619
90% of all engineers are second rate engineers. The best ones go into consulting or finance either straight out of college or work in engineering for 5 years, do an MBA, then get the hell out of dodge.
>>
>>18338613
>A*A*A*A*
>couldn't apply anywhere
No fucking way man. Places like ICL and Kings College would've taken you in, and you have a decent shot at Oxbridge, that is you're some victim of child abuse or some shit, which can help in your app cause it shows you're a resilient person. But if you stole shit and set a house on fire or even get hooked to cocaine, then sorry man, you're fucked.
>>
>>18338622
>icl
>same boat as kcl

You disgust me
>>
>>18338616
He goes to nottingham university, I know because he just got us warned for posting this in /sci/
>>
>>18338613
My school is in top 5 Shanghai global ranking (the one that isn't affected by PR efforts of universities) in my field. And as far as I know, if you are an undergraduate and you have no intention to get into academia, ranking does not matter nearly as much as your grades and experience.
>>
>>18338613
In the UK even more than other places, the fact THAT you got through uni matters more than what uni or even what you studied. (The major exceptions, of course, are Oxbridge, where the old boy network is very strong). British employers have a long record of hiring people with totally irrelevant degrees, just because the person himself impresses them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.