[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are you supposed to look in the eyes to someone ? I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

How are you supposed to look in the eyes to someone ?
I really canĀ“t do it , everytime I try I unconsciously look away , I feel like im making a silly face or something ;
I know this is going to be a real problem if I want to get a job , and I need to fix it soon , so , /adv/ , I need advice
>>
it's not something you can just fix quickly, and I know a couple of people i work with who are a little awkward about that but it doesn't make them weird to work with.

It's just something you have to practice in actual interactions. Generally having a better self-image helps, and getting in the right mindset helps with that and confidence. remember that whatever anyone thinks about you is up to them, and it shouldn't affect the way you live your life. Sometimes being a little more confrontational than you're comfortable with can get you farther than you'd think.
>>
Do you jack off? Masturbating is known to cause the inability to maintain eye contact.

Since I stopped masturbating I can stare at people in the eyes all day. I never look away during conversations or if a girl makes eye contact with me in public.
>>
>>18337524
Its because you are trying. Once you become conscious of it its impossible to look someone in the eye. In general you dont actually look them in the eye. You focus just short of the eyes so your vision is looking at their entire face. If you cant do that like a functioning human being look at the details in their eyes.
>>
>>18337524
My speech therapist back in middle school taught me a trick about looking someone in the eyes. The trick is to not look directly the eyes, but look at the center of their eyebrows just above the bridge of their nose. I have tried this with so many people and they were unable to tell the difference. Good Luck OP. ^_^
>>
File: fright.jpg (34KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
fright.jpg
34KB, 500x333px
>>18337524
You get it from generally being too polite not to stare directly at someone's eyes.

If you notice, that if you are confident enough to look into their eyes, they will avert theirs. Just stare at their nostrils or their eyebrows. It's close enough.
>>
File: yzma.gif (543KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
yzma.gif
543KB, 245x245px
People need to shame excessive eye contact more often imo. It's just as weird if not worse than none at all.
>>
>>18337524
"Looking someone in the eyes" is just a figure of speech. (In fact, we mainly look other people in the mouth, because we all lip-read more than we realize.) It means looking them in the face, instead of looking away or at your feet the way some shy and awkward people do.
>>
>>18337524
You don't really have to look someone in the eye. Look at the bridge of their nose, their eyebrows, tip of the nose, etc. They can't tell the difference depending on how close they are. Eventually this will lessen the agony of looking someone in the eyes.
>>
Since when did engi get revolver?
>>
I have this problem. Here's what I do, I make a straight face and look the person in one eye and every once in a while just look away but most of the time look in one eye.

It's awkward but it gets you through it. I look in their eye but I always try look past it so I don't feel weird about looking at someone.
>>
>>18339272
What do you do about the people who don't stfu for 10 minutes, stare at you like a crazy person the whole time and step toward you if you step back?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.