[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Ontario skilled trade apprentices or journeymen? How did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ndpoYdD.jpg (20KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ndpoYdD.jpg
20KB, 500x281px
Any Ontario skilled trade apprentices or journeymen? How did you land an apprenticeship? Any tips for me getting one? Im leaning towards millwright more than any other.
>>
>>18337380
That's an incredibly specific thing to ask about. /adv/ likely won't be much if any help. I'd recommend finding an online forum more tuned to that area and field.
>>
>>18337380
college,
>>
>>18337425
Don't go to college for a trade, you pay to learn what you are paid to learn during an apprenticeship.
>>
>>18337460
getting an apprenticeship is much easier and straight forward doing it through college. this is your best bet if you have no clue what you're doing
>>
Should I stick it out and work my current job until I can get into a union apprenticeship?
>>
>>18337530
How? You spend 2 years and what atleast 15k learning what they will teach you within your 1st year on the job.
>>
>>18337639
costs are closer to 10-12k including books, and colleges put you through a cooperative education program which connects you to a multitude of potential employers. plus the benefits of boosting your resume with extra circular activities. you will have a higher chance of landing a career with a college than by yourself.
>>
>>18337676
also forgot to add apprenticeships in college pay. unlike internships from universities
>>
>>18337636
honestly op, rather than procrastinating just look search of millwright in ontario colleges and you'll find an apprenticeship program. if you absolutely hate the idea of college, just google red seal and use that as an avenue of where to begin a proper search
>>
>>18337692
You cant just sign up for an apprenticeship program, you need to be sponsored by an employer
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.