[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worrying about world problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (209KB, 662x718px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 662x718px
How do I stop or lessen the worrying about world problems. Things like Global warming and rising tensions between countries come to mind. I am doing things to help some causes here and there, but I can't shake the feeling of panic. Recently it's been interferimg with my day-to-day happiness and enjoyment of hobbies. Any tips to calm down?
>>
>>18336841
Ive had this, there's 3 normal answers

> 1 forget it, drop the question (most people do this)

> 2 get involved somehow

> 3 get into a religion
>>
>>18336841
>Any tips to calm down?
Do something else. Often this sort of attitude comes about when you're doing finals procrastination, start reading news nonstop, and haven't broken the habit after finals are over.
>>
>>18336856
Yeah. This is usually a good temporary answer I've found. However sometimes I cant set myself to do anything because of the worries.

>>18336847
Religion isn't my thing and I've been getting involved in as many ways I can. However the first solution often makes me feel like I'm part of the problem and makes me feel like a degraded piece of shit.

In any case thanks for the replies.
>>
What is your job, if you're in school what are you studying? Working a job that helps people, or is involved in diplomacy might make you feel better.
>>
>>18336871
>However the first solution often makes me feel like I'm part of the problem and makes me feel like a degraded piece of shit.
don't forget you have problems that you need help with too, so don't worry about every problem in the world that isn't yours.
>>
Sounds more like a concern over a worry. You worry about things you can handle and may go wrong. Concern is where you care but know your effort doesn't control the situation.
>>
>>18336875
Currently in highschool. Got 1 more year after this. Got delayed because I used to have major anxiety in the past, also related to the topic. Probably going to take over the family welding business later in life so I'll be studying accordingly afterwards. I've thought about going into diplomacy, but I think it would worsen it by directly being involved. Feeling overesponsible is something I need to solve.

>>18336879
Thanks, been hearing this a lot too from people close to me. But as much as I disagree, I fucking despise that it is so.

Sorry for the bloggish post.
>>
>>18336841
Look more at the root causes and how these problems are actually reflected in reality. No individual citizen is "part of the problem", that idea is toxic and promoted as a form of political hysteria.

If you want to truly understand the problems facing the world then you need to be calm and sober when you evaluate them, not feeling guilty about things over which you have no control.
>>
>>18336841
Get involved amigo, especially with global warming, I'm sure there's a shit ton of groups to join. But with the incoming war thing, you just gotta keep yourself distracted from thoughts like that. Pick up a hobby or something.
>>
just know on the massively grand scale of time and space you do not matter. so, live life, try to not be cunt, help you friends and neighbors as youde want them to do for you and find the beauty in the little things happening to you right now. that time will never happen again. if you get too caught up on tomorrow you dont pay attention to today. not saying stop paying your bills and say fuck it but think about why you are doing what youre doing, how will that one event steer your.futurs and make tbe best of it
>>
You are overestimating your own ability to affect the outcome of the things you are worrying about. This is likely because you're not seeing the big picture, there are many things to consider that you have not, guaranteed, because that's just how things are.

My advice is read a lot about everything from a wide range of disciplines over the long term, as being as informed as possible is the best way to take responsibility of your own life, and in the short term have a slightly more "agnostic" view of reality; know what you don't know, don't be so certain about everything. It will help your anxiety.

If you feel fully informed and able to argue your perspectives on these issues, you should be politically active.
>>
>>18336841
sounds like you're on the slippery slope to SJW-levels of hysteria/

regain some patrician ataraxia by reading the Emperor Marcus' Meditations.
>>
>>18336912
>>18337041
>>18337049
>>18337623
Sorry for the late reply, I'll take these tips with me. Thanks, anons.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.