[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help, stuck at a crossroads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1486160447681.png (86KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486160447681.png
86KB, 1280x800px
I'm an 18 year old and I'm finishing HS. There is this unbelievably cute girl that I know and that I'm pretty good friends with because she's in my friend circle (we're all drummers). She broke up with this sorta creep that she was dating and I'm contemplating on trying to date her. The problem is I've never dated anyone before because most girls I know are pretty unattractive or obnoxiously slutty. So I have no experience with dating and I feel it'll be extremely awkward and uncomfortable. Also I lack commitment with other things so I fear I'd do the same with our relationship. So I've been stuck for a while thinking about what the hell I should do.

Side story:
Last weekend I had this event that had us go to a place up in Ohio where she and her slightly older brother were there along with some close friends of ours. We were chilling and talking about relationships were he out of nowhere told me to date her. I said that I wanted to wait for College but I was lying. I can't bring myself to tell her and I'm too scared.

Any sort of advice would help, thanks.
>>
Fist of all, from this post you already seem like a great guy, so this girl is lucky to have you.
I myself had this same problem with a guy I liked, and wanted him to take the first step. So in the end i just took control and asked him. But you have a huge advantage that you are already good friends with her because this way you know that you have some stuff in common.

When it comes to girls, they really just want guys to make an effort and just ask them out. They love the unexpected. And if you are still afraid if itll be awkward, take her to an event.

For example; you guys both like the same music, so go to a concert together. If you plan something for just the two of you, she gets that you want to spend time with her alone and it is a signal that you are digging her. But dont shrug it off like you are going there as friends. Dont be afraid to make it a little bit of a big deal.

But most of all, dont be insecure about your feelings and just try it. If she is into you, she will agree to the most stupid plans just to hang out with you, trust me.

Hope itll go well and keep us updated! Im so curious ;)
>>
>>18336644
Thanks a whole bunch for the insight, I truly appreciate it!
>>
>>18336647
no problemo, always here to help guys in a struggle

if you need any other advice on girls, go ahead
>>
>>18336624
OP, I had the same rough experience as you when I was finishing up law school. It was May, we were weeks away from graduating, we worked together on the same law journal, were the only singles on our bowling team, and we both loved baseball.

First and foremost, it's too late to have this grow into anything serious that'll be successful in the long-term. You can have a great short-term dating thing with this girl but you need to be realistic about things. Even in the unlikely event that you both go to the same university the odds will be strongly stacked against success.

I don't want to be a huge downer, OP, but I want you to be realistic about this. The girl from law school and I went on about a half dozen fun dates together, chilled together, took cute pics in our graduation regalia, and stayed in touch... for about six months. But she was in Cleveland and I was in Chicago. And, within that six months, she was seeing someone.

OP, it's best not to go off to college nursing a broken heart.

Also don't put too much stock into what her brother says. He's only slightly older, could easily be a fucking sperg, and could have just said that to tease his sister. Guys with sisters do shit like that.

Go do some solo hanging out. Like legit go someplace to get frozen custard together next week. Not just ice cream but something kinda fancy and unusual like frozen custard. And get lunch together. Literally text her with "Hey, [girl] I'm gonna get lunch at [place]. Wanna come?" And just go hang out.

Yes it will be awkward. But this is your last chance to be awkward in a consequence-free environment before you start college.
>>
>>18336670
Okay, so I already asked her if we could hang out sometime and drum together and she said yes. I suppose stay tuned. Maybe a week or so later something'll happen.

I never really liked relationships because I've seen it first hand from my brother and my parents. Neither have been good at all. My mom and dad hate each other but thankfully were responsible enough to raise us. And my brother dated this girl who was psyco and basically enslaved him for 2 years and made him a Catholic (lol). And I've seen some close friends of mine get fucked up from people they've dated. Anyways that's always another variable as to why I never dated anyone. I suppose I've been scared by seeing so many bad relationships into not dating period.
What do you think about dating in general?
>>
>>18336705
>hang out sometime and drum together

You need to make an actual date. Not just a hypothetical date and not just asking when she's free. Literally come at her later and ask what she's doing on Thursday or something. Friday/Saturday are more likely to be taken.

>I never really liked relationships because I've seen it first hand from my brother and my parents. Neither have been good at all. My mom and dad hate each other but thankfully were responsible enough to raise us. And my brother dated this girl who was psyco and basically enslaved him for 2 years and made him a Catholic (lol). And I've seen some close friends of mine get fucked up from people they've dated. Anyways that's always another variable as to why I never dated anyone. I suppose I've been scared by seeing so many bad relationships into not dating period.
Don't overthink things OP. This is not likely to become a "relationship" in the same way as those. You only have a few weeks to a couple months, tops. Just stay realistic. You are not marrying this girl.
>>
>>18336700
Thanks for the info man. That's sort of the reason why I don't want to date her, is because I don't have much time left. But I've seen her date this one dude and she was pretty damn committed to him even after he cheated on her. So we could be wrong, but who knows.
>>
>>18336705
>You need to make an actual date
this is very important, if you dont pick a date, it will never actually happen. Dont be afraid to just pick a date. It shows that you can take control.

>I never really liked relationships because I've seen it first hand from my brother and my parents. Neither have been good at all. My mom and dad hate each other but thankfully were responsible enough to raise us. And my brother dated this girl who was psyco and basically enslaved him for 2 years and made him a Catholic (lol). And I've seen some close friends of mine get fucked up from people they've dated. Anyways that's always another variable as to why I never dated anyone. I suppose I've been scared by seeing so many bad relationships into not dating period.
Don't overthink things OP. This is not likely to become a "relationship" in the same way as those. You only have a few weeks to a couple months, tops. Just stay realistic. You are not marrying this girl.

i totally agree with this too. I am dating a guy aswell atm and we both go off to different colleges after this summer. But this doest stop us from just having a fun time now. You will totally regret it if you dont even try. And you dont have to call it a relationship, you can also just see it as dating or ''seeing'' a girl. You dont have to label it.
>>
>>18336721
Just be careful. If you DO become an item and it DOES continue past when you go off to college, you're on track to get burned.

Just go into this to have fun. And I mean that not as a metaphor for getting laid. I mean this in the literal sense: Go out with her and learn to enjoy one-on-one activities with a person of the opposite sex. You'll be so much fucking better off when you want to date girls later on.
>>
>>18336714
Okay, thank you for the advice.
>>
>>18336705
seriously, dont overthink it. You two can just have a great time right now and you're still young. Dont worry about what comes later too much. Just have fun, but do tell her the truth about how you stand in the relation with her. Dont get her false hopes up.
>>
>>18336729
Okay, I'll ask her tomorrow.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.