[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talking about suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1492475365951.gif (1MB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1492475365951.gif
1MB, 320x287px
How do I tell my family and friends that I've been having thoughts about killing myself? I know I need to so I can get help, but it's a difficult topic to bring up
>>
>>18336422
Dont tell them you want to kys.
Tell them your problems and feelings and ask them to set you up with psychologist.

Good luck and dont give up. For majority of people the life gets better with time.
>>
Don't. Suicide is still badly stigmatized. We live in a place (and post on a forum) where it's not ok to even talk about. Society just doesn't 'get it' yet.

Trust me, you'll never be treated the same. If you want help. check into a mental hospital, because that's where you'll end up anyway if you spill the beans.

I don't know where you live, but basically being in a mental hospital is like being in a place where you're stuck in a big box with other depressed people for weeks while the staff throws meds at you. You'll probably just get good at hiding your crushing suicidal depression.
>>
>>18336422
Tell them that you've been feeling really down and depressed, but leave out the suicide part. Friends and family can try to help, but your best bet is to see a therapist.
>>
>>18336473
Thanks anon

>>18336493
No, keeping it in will probably be worse. I'm not about to act on my thoughts, but it just kinda feels sometimes that it'd be best if I did. Hopefully I don't go to a mental hospital. I don't feel I'm particularly dangerous to myself

>>18336523
That's the goal, but if those close to me are aware then I feel it might help matters
>>
>>18336422
Why do you want to kill yourself?
And why do you want to tell them about it?
>>
>>18337238
I get immense stress just from day-to-day life, even though my life isn't at all stressful.
I have vague aspirations for a future that I don't want to take part in, but I don't know what future I would like to take part in.
I don't have a job because I have no motivation to get one and still live at home, which makes me feel worthless. I'd like to make art for a living but that's not a sound bet for the future and I feel childish and phony for wanting that.
I can feel my life becoming just a daily routine of pretending I enjoy things and that I can be a capable human but I just feel pathetic and like any path I take will ultimately lead nowhere, achieving nothing of worth
People tell me I'm smart and well-spoken but I have a hard time believing it because any time I could apply those traits I somehow manage to just spill spaghetti everywhere. Employers, professors, girls, whatever, all cause insane spaghetti
I've never even been on a date because I'm too autistic to actually ask anyone out ever, so now I lack experience that everyone else on their 20's has and I'm frightened by intimacy
There's probably more but my thoughts on it just kind of float around
Basically I just desire the peacefulness of nonexistence because I can't handle life
>>
>>18336422
dont talk ,just do, stop being afag about it
>>
Like everyone else has suggested, you ought not try to discuss it with family/friends directly. If they're not very aware of mental health needs they could misunderstand the discussion VERY badly, leading to all sorts of fucking trouble. That and a LOT of people will take you confiding something like that in them as license to play amateur therapist rather than actually help you achieve a concrete goal.

If you need their help to get help, then say you want to see someone and ask for their help in doing it. Just say you've been really down and want to see someone and you need help finding someone. That's all.
>>
>>18338570
Alright I'll not mention suicide then. I feel most of my family and friends don't stigmatize mental health too much but I don't want to risk freaking them out either
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.