[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't unsee my boyfriend's height?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_oom9v5NXVp1uoxgnyo1_500.jpg (92KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oom9v5NXVp1uoxgnyo1_500.jpg
92KB, 500x493px
Femanon here.

Basically I've been in a relationship for two weeks, and he's an amazing boyfriend, smart, caring, and genuinely the funniest guy I've ever met. The only problem is he's 5"8.
I usually am indifferent regarding height, but when I'm walking with him and our eyes are almost eye level I'm feeling like people are looking and me and making fun of me. I know I shouldn't care about what other people think of us or about our relationship but honestly I'm even scared of introducing him to my friends because of that? Especially since most of my male friends are rather tall, and my female friends prefer taller guys too
I'm really questioning myself because I've always thought I wouldn't care about appearance and that personality mattered, but the judgement of society is honestly scary and overwhelming
Should I just confront him to that or just try to make the relationship with it? Would he understand my concern?
>>
low quality bait
>>
>>18335697
Oh come on dude.
You love him or you don't.
If you love him shouldn't be worrying over his height.

I myself am heads over heels in love with a tomboy, almost no breasts, small and sturdy, very little makeup.
Not very feminine and all that good stuff. And yes, some people might criticize me for my taste in women, but I don't fucking care.
Two good friends of mine (dude and a girl) would not at all be impressed if I told them I'd be in a relationship with her.
But I love her, with all her perfect imperfections.
>>
>>18335710
>I myself am heads over heels in love with a tomboy, almost no breasts, small and sturdy, very little makeup.

this is not at all something people would not like, if anything most people like this type of woman in this day and age
>>
>>18335715
Eh depends, at my university I think out of the 100 dudes, only 3 including me are attracted to her.
The other girls that are waaaay more feminine, and have all the qualities generally associated with women, are far more popular.
Just because we like tomboys, doesn't mean everyone does.

Normie dudes will like normie grills.
>>
>>18335697
>two weeks
this isn't really a relationship OP and easy for you to bail. You won't ever be able to wear heels with this guy. Find someone you are proud to walk beside.
>>
>>18335697
>live in a place where average height is slightly under 6"
>be 5'7" myself
>have boyfriend who is 5'7"
>love him insanely
>been together 10 years, marrying him in fall

Get over yourself OP. No one fucking cares. No one judges you because you are fucking a slightly shorter guy.
Don't tell him, if you don't like him just break up. He's not going to get taller because you express your concern.
>>
>>18335740
Nope, nope, bad advice.
OP likes the dude in every possible way except one.
I've you're going to bitch about that one reason why you wouldn't start a relationship you are well, kinda...
You ask too much.

Everyone has a thing or two, or three, that makes them less than perfect.
Don't discard someone just because of height/thickness/cup/teeth/muscle/curves/whatever.
>>
>>18335697
>Femanon here
>The only problem is he's 5"8

yeah due to recent events with Trump as president, you are required to prove these two things before making threads of this nature. I know it's hard, but otherwise no one is gonna take you seriously.
>>
>>18335765
I don't understand this post
>>
>>18335753
Terrible fucking advice.
Don't date people you're not crazy about. Don't date people that you think are the best you can get. If you feel like you're settling and you feel like you are ashamed of your SO, then fuck off and never look bad.
Discard everyone that doesn't make you feel like "well, this is it, it could never possibly be any better".
>>
>>18335753
you must be a short fucker and you can bet if the bf (I use that term loosely) says he's 5' 8" he's closer to 5' 6"
>>
>>18335697
>he's an amazing boyfriend, smart, caring, and genuinely the funniest guy I've ever met
>but I'm going to break up with him because I wouldn't be caught with a guy who isn't taller than I am
>should I confront him I feel insecure about his height
>>18335774
Anon, that's not what people mean when they say don't settle.

His height. Nothing in his personality or within his control. OP knows nobody is going to judge her, she's making excuses because she's a shallow person and doesn't want to face the truth.
>>
>>18335753
>>18335774
OP here. This is basically the debate that's going on in my head and I'm glad you two can put words on it better than I do
The thing is I'm not yet sure I'm crazy about him. He's the person I could see myself the most happy in a relationship with, I'm just worried that I can't look over his height even though everything else about him is 10/10
>>
>>18335784
Flush the turd. Don't forget the most basic rule for dating. If he's not at least 3-4" taller than you when you are wearing heels. He's undatable.
>>
>>18335774
totally agree, you shouldn't force yourself to settle for less of a man when there are plenty of options out there
>>
File: carlos.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>18335784
You'll never look over his height.
>>
>>18335747
My god. I like you.
>>
>>18335780
I'm 185 cm tall :)
>>
>>18335782
It is perfectly fine to be shallow, it is perfectly fucking fine to not like someone physically and not want to date them.
It is perfectly fine to not want to go out with someone who isn't your type even if they are otherwise amazing.

If you date someone you don't entirely like, it won't work out. You'll want other people. You'll cheat. You'll feel like you could do better. You'll take them for granted because you feel like you're better than them and you could do better.
It won't work. You are wasting everyone's time. Just date people who are your personal "it doesn't get any better".

And I'm not saying this because he is short, I am saying it because OP doesn't really like him.
>>
>>18335784
10/10 except his height
I mean come ooonnnnn
That translates to 9.75/10 or something, do you honestly need butter?
>>
>>18335697
I'm in the same situation with my gf. I'm the same height as her. But, onthe other hand she's overweight. She tries really hard but the poor thing just can't lose the weight but she's the perfect girlfriend. Loving, caring, lots of fun, exciting, etc.

Basically you're already aware of the fact that you're the problem. It seems like you think you're better than him on some level, which you reasonably resent. Take some quality time and figure out something about yourself that's offputting (everybody has something) and any time you feel insecure about his height just remind yourself of that. Unfortunately there's no snap fix to this, it's just something you have to figure out on your own. This is how my gf and I got over ourselves in our relationship. She'd say "I used to feel bad that I'm fat, but then I remembered how short you are. Then I remembered how adorable you are." Flip that negative into a positive and ve sure to keep your iwn ego in check. Remember, the poor guy can't help his height. He might wish he were taller, as I do in my situation. You have to feel a level of empathy for the guy, just be sure that you don't look down on him for it, no pun intended.
>>
i'm 5'7" literally undatable. The whole face thing isn't doing me any favours either.
>>
>>18335803
You're putting words in my mouth. I never said that it wasn't, you're being neurotic.

She just said he's amazing, except for his height. I'm actually listening to what she is saying, and her her trivial phobia could prevent her from getting into an amazing relationship.

I almost didn't respond when you said she's going to "waste everyone's time", cheat, all because of several inches on his height.
>>
>>18335697
>Femanon here
>The only problem is he's 5"8
Yeah you need to prove that these are true otherwise it's the most common bait for insecure short guys which are like 90% of this board.
>>
>>18335710
I like to flip her over and pretend she's a little boy.
>>
>>18335836
Your search will be longer than others', but where they will struggle through shallow relationships you will find true love through a deeper connection than looks. For a man all it takes is confidence and money. Secure those two things (you don't need to be rich) and you'll have to beat them away with the ugly stick you were hit with.

All in good humor. Wishing you well anon.
>>
>>18335845
>on an imageboard over the internet solely based on anonymity
>complains when someone stays anonymous
>>
>>18335839
come on when people see them together the first thing you or anyone would think is fuck, he's too short for her.
>>
>>18335839
Yes, she is going to waste everyone's time if she dates someone she isn't completely into physically. That's really the point. She feels like he's worse than her, otherwise she wouldn't be embarrassed by him.
I don't have issues with male's height, I have issues with people settling for someone who they don't totally like because they are going to make both yourself and your partner miserable.
>>
>>18335855
Anonymity is the cost for the bait topic. It's not OP's fault that her life is like a bait, just happens to be that way for 4chan. If you go to other female centric forum they might be more willing to speculate and hypothesize.
In case it's actually bait. If OP wants to waste stranger's time, it's only fair to pay something in return.
>>
>>18335836
I am >>18335747 . It can work, really. There are plenty of women who aren't bothered by height that much and will find you hot.
>>
>>18335697
You sound like you're insecure. How about instead of worrying about some bullshit like this just do what makes you happy. If you like taller guys walk out on the street and get your fill. To me this is stupid. Don't let this dude waste his time thinking you're fine with everything and then cheat on him with some 6'4 athlete.
>>
>>18335865
What do you think everyone means exactly? If she feels that way, then she has an internal conflict she needs to resolve. Again, that isn't what people mean when they say not to settle and an average height doesn't necessarily equal a miserable relationship. If OP takes your advice, she could be missing on a good opportunity.
>>
As long as he's not shorter than you it's not a problem. See how he handles himself infront of your shallow ass friends first, they may really like him and give you the validation you so desperately need from others to be happy.
>>
>>18335868
>it's only fair to pay something in return
yeah, at least make some effort in pulling some girl's fb photo and the photo of her short bf, too.
So that we have a stronger narrative.

I mean it would be really disappointing if it's just some lonely autist making these threads, just because (s)he wants to see people hypothesize about relationship issues (or something worse)
>>
>>18335875
>What do you think everyone means exactly?
OP's time and her boyfriend's time.

It is NOT about his height, it is about OP's attitude about his height.
She is not settling because he is a short guy and he is inherently shitty, she is settling because she don't like him. She thinks she is better than him, she is embarrassed by him. She shouldn't be with someone that she doesn't even fucking like, even if it is for a trivial reason.
And even if he is an amazing guy, even if he has everything else going for him, if she isn't fucking proud of him and doesn't want to tell everyone that she's dating him, she shouldn't date him. Because, trust me on this, if you don't think your partner is the end of the world it won't work out.
>>
>>18335878
lol why are girls so desperate for validation and act like they aren't? Her boyfriend sounds great but because he isn't tall like all the other guys she's with it's a problem. Seriously, you can't learn to be happy with who you're with? What's going to happen when you get old and ugly, you think he's just going to leave you because your looks have gone downhill? Or maybe, just maybe you have made a lasting connection stronger than some superficial bullshit.
>>
>>18335893
Then wouldn't a change of attitude be more appropriate?
>>
>>18335906
She should just find a man she really likes and not try to force herself in a relationship with a guy who is "so good but".

You can't really change your preferences. You can try to accept it, you probably can live with it, but if you dislike something so much you feel embarrassed by it you should just move on and meet someone who is good for you.
There is absolutely no point in dating someone if you don't think they are the best you can possibly ever get. Really.
>>
>>18335899
>because he isn't tall
hahaha, call it what it is, the guy is a shorty. You would refer to a fat guy, because he isn't skinny
>>
If you like him so much just give him a chance, if it's a deal breaker no biggie..But I doubt anyones thinking what youre thinking lol, you swear like there taling behind your back about you..
>>
>>18335888
>>18335868
>>18335845
wtf /adv/ got smarter...
>14 IPs
I'm really proud of you guys
>>
If it's a bait: fuck you
If not: fuck you
>>
So does 4chan automatically spam certain threads kinda like how reddit will spam the first few comments saying some stupid ass shit
>>
i recommended /adv/ in a thread on /fit/ and theyre already shitposting
the power of autism always amazes me
>>
>>18335851
Shit, self loathing and poor here.
>>
>>18335847
With great legs, an amazing ass and a pussy within view?
Nice pedo joke but irl she would still look like a girl.
>>
>>18335975
Get crackin bruddah
>>
>>18335715
No mate
>>
Let me break out down easily for you

Leave him, hmu
>>
reading through this thread was a wild ride
>>
>>18335697
this b8 is of serviceable quality
6/10, inb4 over 9000 replies
>>
File: doggu.png (127KB, 293x293px) Image search: [Google]
doggu.png
127KB, 293x293px
jesus christ guys
>>
File: 1471683680384.png (102KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1471683680384.png
102KB, 625x626px
>>18335697

9/10

Reading through this thread was a venerable baptism of triggered manlet tears. Gr8 B8 m8.
>>
>>18335697
What is there to confront you fat vapid cunt?
>Cunt: "Look, Brandon you're too short"
>B-man: "What do?"
>Cunt: "Figure it out or this is over because your height is amplifying my own insecurites"

Kys blood-hole.
>>
Assuming this isn't bait

>OP is shallow cunt
>bf is great guy
>/adv/ encourages the succubus to sink her claws deeper rather than let him find someone who will appreciate him

??????
>>
File: 1494806650667.gif (725KB, 229x264px) Image search: [Google]
1494806650667.gif
725KB, 229x264px
>>18337243
>>18337269

>when the bait is obvious but you take it anyway
>>
I have seen this copypasta before. OP is 6'2", a virgin, and bitter that a 5'8" guy is dating his oneitis.
>>
>>18335697
You....

You're one of those evil golems I tell my Joes and Janes to stay the fuck away from.

You're a leech and a poor reflection of the race of cave gremlins you came from. Get bent, and go screw some alcoholic meth head; that handsome bastard deserves better.

Gimme his Instagram. I'll introduce your boyfriend to a woman who isn't as shallow as a wet plate.

>(Also, I'm well aware this is bait. Still fun though.)
>>
At least you're not a big guy for him.
>>
how tall are you OP?
people should never date short girls
fucked up offspring

amazons or go home, only date girls taller than you
>>
>>18335697
NEVER TELL A MANLET HES SHORT
For the love of god. Thank goodness Im 6'1. Roomie was a manlet. All I ever heard was him bitching about his manlet feels.
>no girl will ever love me because Im 5'6
>Im so short and fat
>girl I like told me she likes taller guys, see no girl will like me
Fuck that shit was annoying.
>>
>>18337277
That was @posters, not OP
>>
this is the most superficial shit i've ever read, why do you care so much about his height if he's good to you in every other sense? break up with him for his sake
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.