[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice you have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: 1492573701499.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492573701499.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
Let's post the best advices we learned or came upon in our lives, general or specific.

You can even post the story behind which you came to the conclusion of said advice.

Some advices I came upon recently:
-Any job is better than no job

-If you can't hop or climb over an obstacle then go around it

An old conclusion I came upon long ago:
-If you let hate and madness reign over you then things will only worsen, you are the only one who can atleast reign a measure of stability as a ground for future improvement
>>
>>18335278
Sucking up to the people higher than you on the food chain works wonders.
>>
An ugly wife is a treasure in the home.
>>
>-If you let hate and madness reign over you then things will only worsen

Simply not true OP. You have to learn to harness your hatred. I have abstained from drugs and alcohol for almost 30 years using my hatred.

I actually had a guy come up to me last year and apologize for making fun of me all the time when we where younger because I refused to drink. It was part of his 12 step program.
>>
>>18335289
I want to hear some reasoning. What exactly is good on settling down with ugly girl? Unconditional love? Answer please. And dont you treat her like shit?
>>
Don't give all of you to someone who does not deserve a piece of you.
>>
>>18335278
you cannot control what will happen, but only how you react to what's happening
>>
>>18335359
From my own personal experience, ugly girls have less delusions of ''sticking it to the man'' and they usually know their place better than pretty girls who are treated like royalty for their entire lives.
>>
>>18335386
>less delusions
Sorry but i have seen so many super ugly fat bitches married to betas where the girls were so so bad to their husbands it wasnt even funny.

I am afraid that to find nice girl requires something entirelly different than to simply find below average girl.
>>
>>18335407
> married to betas

theres your problem. dont be a beta either
>>
>>18335421
Easier to be said than done. Just look around at posts from dudes with negative self esteem.

Like how does one push them to actually try dating and improve their ego so they wont let the girl to abuse them at every step?

Sometimes this board is very sad.
>>
Having a social life and gf is toxic for you if you want to give your passion 100%, huge time sinks. You can start enjoying life again once you reach the top
>>
>>18335278
Don't eat the yellow snow.
>>
>>18335433
fuck them, more girls for you and me
>>
>>18335449
Having a girlfriend who cooks for you and does your laundry really does help, though.
>>
>>18335452
>fuck them
But i want to help them, but sometimes it feels like banging head against wall.

:-(
>>
>>18335449
I second this.
>>
>>18335472
in the past, these people wouldnt have made it out of childhood
>>
Don't ever let anyone disrespect you. Ever. People think they are entitled to do what they want because they think you won't do anything. Fuck that. If someone outsteps your boundaries you show them what happens when they do.
>>
People speak with their actions, not with their words. Or in other words, trust your gut.

I realized this after my relationship with my ex. He would say he loved me and give "evidence" of it (like, I always drive you places, etc) but it didn't feel that way at all. Later I realized that he would only do stuff for me if I asked. While he was always in my mind and I'd help him unprompted. Oh and in the end he tried to cheat on me. And again, he'd say he was sorry but his actions said otherwise.
>>
File: 1493678155600.png (35KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
1493678155600.png
35KB, 700x450px
>>18335278
Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself.
It may feel weird but it's well worth it.
You matter. Don't let anyone think otherwise or they will walk all over you.
>>
Life is unequal and unfair, depens on your hard work and orientation on how much you can change it
>>
Avoid horse loving chicks as they are extremely manipulative.
>>
>>18335278
"Never eat in a place called Mom's, never play poker with a guy called Pop, and never fuck anyone crazier than you."

-Nelson Algren
>>
Don't be a dick.

I know karma doesn't exist, but there is a huge difference between not letting anyone step on to, and being a dick (and stepping on others)

In the end it will serve you.

Good thread !
>>
>>18335451
+1
>>
Eat healthy nigger.
>>
Everybody has their breaking point, and not everyone comes back from the bottom.

Don't trust people who repeat rhetoric.
>>
>>18335386
Its not all black amd white like that. There is a massive grey area and I personally know plenty of attractive woem who arent necessarily pampered like that or are total sluts. It's a just a bit harder to find them but when you do it's way worth it.
>>
>>18335278
1. Don't sweat the small stuff
2. Everything is small stuff
>>
>>18336327
I know cannibalism is relatively healthy but why exactly black people?
>>
>>18336555
cannibalism is not healthy at all
>>
Doesn't matter if your a fat fuck or a skinny little bitch, people will always judge you , be happy within yourself and fuck everyone else who puts you down.

Lift heavy , eat big
>>
>>18336121
>I know karma doesn't exist
I'm sure there's already some philosophical text that studies it deeper and explains it better than I can, but I've come to the conclusion that karma is just an extension of cause and effect. I believe this idea of karma being a supernatural force just came about from the Asian mindset of deifying extraordinary humans, and ultimately the main principles of karma originally were just exactly as you say; don't be a dick. Social karma, if you will. If you're a decent person people are more likely to treat you decently, if you help others people are more likely to help you, incredibly basic things when you think about it, that have just been applied to everything and blown out of proportion through years of religion and all that comes with it.
>>
Life is unfair.
People are shitty.
>>
>>18335883
How anon? I don't wanna get my ass kicked
>>
>>18335449
Yes! Aim for the stars, fucker!

>Be the boss!

Fighting your way to the top is easier without a ball and chain on your left hand; settle down only when you find the spot at which you feel most comfortable choosing to halt!
>>
There ain't nothing in this life you can't get over.
>>
>>18336058
So true, why is it like this?
>>
>If you can't hop or climb over an obstacle then go around it

Skipping highschool for three years wasn´t a good idea
>>
File: Hierophant.gif (103KB, 225x531px) Image search: [Google]
Hierophant.gif
103KB, 225x531px
Nice to see Wojak Happy.

-Sometimes Honesty isn't the best policy.

-Be in the moment, be present with what you are doing and things will be better.

-Traveling is good for the soul, even if its a day trip.

-Drink loose leaf teas. Some are acquired taste.

-Be sure to leave your comfort zone from time to time it helps you grow as a person.

-Be weary of people, the only person who has your best interests is you.

-Learn to be happy alone.

-If someone is rude to waiters/wait staff then they probably aren't a good person to be around.
>>
>>18335278
Don't move in with someone you like out of economic necessity, it never ends well
>>
>>18335278
GET A FUCKING SOCIAL HOBBY AND GIT GUD AT IT
Will literally fix everything wrong in your life short of cancer.
By social I just mean something that requires you to interact with other people
>>
>>18337576
I can second this.
Fuck roommates.
It's a bad business.
>>
>>18335291
Real life Sith right here haha.
I get what you mean though. I often use things that get me angery to motivate me to get stuff done.
>>
>>18337585
Examples, other than sports?

I need this in my life.
>>
If it scares you and excites you, do it.
>>
>>18335278
There really is a difference in races. Sorry.

Also, question all the little ticks and behaviors you have. You could have a mental illness and not even know.
>>
File: 1495004266919.jpg (313KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1495004266919.jpg
313KB, 960x1280px
>>18335291
>>18335278
Sort of similar to both, but use your hatred for fuel to accomplish something good. Use it as a drive.

>having money is not everything, not having it is (Kanye)
>In America, education is everything, you can get ahead if you have a good degree from a good school
>$$ can get you whatever you want. Women/Fame/
>I don't know whether there is a god or not, but religion is used to control the masses more than anything.
>If you have a problem, talk to someone about it, people can see things/angle you can't
>No one girl is that special. There is no ONE, there are several girls that offer what you want.
>Life is short, don't take it for granted and don't be scared of the unknown.
>>
>>18337585
People on internet or only IRL?
>>
>>18335278

I am no where near living a life of tranquility and peace. I am a very complex person, therefore I have complex problems.

Most of our problems come from within. You can change your fate if you follow a different path. You can change your circumstances by changing your ways.
>>
Don't be friends with women you like.

If you want to ask them out do it as soon as you meet them and if they say no then forget them.

Only be friends with women you don't want to date
>>
>>18337679
Dungeons and dragons
>>
>>18335289
Find it quite true
>>
>>18335278
>best advice
I discovered this one for myself, though its dead obvious and people say it and everyone hears it, it doesnt seem to drive home for people like it took me longer than i think it should have, too. Definitely an early 20s and younger problem so listen up if you fit that category. Open your goddamn ears.

You are ultimately entirely responsible for your life, your problems, your feelings, and your destiny.

>I have mental illness

Rolling in it makes it worse (and im talking from a psych education so dont with the "but you dont understand, anon").

Go get professional medical assistance, and build your life around what works for you. If you dont even try these two things, no one owes you sympathy and you failed yourself.

>my boss is a dick
Get a new job or deal. He doesn't owe you respect.

>capitalism sucks and i have to work.

Goddamn right it does. But you can also bend it in your favour. Thats actually the entire point of it.

>my gf/bf sucks or is abusive

Leave. Its hard but do it. Every day you stay is your fault. Not your partners.

>i cant find anyone do love me

Tough shit. No one owes you love and affirmation. Try new circles where your social skills actually work. You dont have to be hot and cool af to find someone. And if youre looking for a god/goddess when you arent one yourself, then its your fault.

>my town is boring
Move

>theres just no jobs!
Move

>im transgendered and no one accepts me.

Cant take the criticism stay in the closet. Its a cruel world. Theres also places where theyre way more accepted. Again.. Move.

Any problem is yours, and even if its other people or places causing your shit, you let them in your life and/or you let them stay.

Taking criticisms debates or more specific questions. Im 30 well educated with varied job experience and ive travelled a lot. Even been homeless (not as severe as it initially sounds without detail but hey i literally had to sleep on the street for a bit).
>>
File: racism-just-in-case.jpg (25KB, 599x479px) Image search: [Google]
racism-just-in-case.jpg
25KB, 599x479px
>>18335278
>>
HEED MY WORDS:

Stop being a "nice person".
That was me for a long time. Mr. Nice Guy. I wanted ppl to like me and never wanted to offend anyone. You know that saying, nice guys finish last? I was living proof of that. Being taken advantage of in my personal and professional life. Then one day I got sick of being pushed around. I started bucking up, taking charge and pronounced my confidence. Soon after, I got promotion after promotion at work. Hot chicks were on my dick even though I was treating them like a bastard. It seems backwards I know. It actually seems illogical. But this is life for some reason. You can be nice to strangers. You can be nice to a certain degree. But know your lines and never ever let anyone cross those lines. 'Cause once you do, ppl see that, hey this guy let's others cross his lines, push his buttons and he doesn't do shit about it. He's a pussy. No one likes a pussy for this reason. You let ppl fuck with you and just take it.

For your own sake, and your future, buck up. Today is the day. No longer take anyone's shit.

KILL 'EM ALL, FUCK 'EM RAW!
>>
>>18337835
Half disagree.

Im a nice guy and things work out fine for me.

Theres a difference between a nice guy, and an overly polite pushover.

You can be plenty nice and genuine without getting fucked.

Its really just about showing you cant be fucked with at the same time.

Although i really think thats exactly what youre getting at, i think "dont be mr. Nice guy" is harmful advice that can be misconstrued and some poor anon might actually become an asshat.

Being an asshole comes with the side effect of being assertive and appearing to be a leader, but its not the assholery itself thats doing it..
>>
Don't waste your time.
>>
>>>18337822
Seems like good advice.
>>
Kill yourself now; it doesn't get any better.
>>
>>18337870
I sure think so. And trust me. Its ironically a load off. Once you realise everything is your fault, as long as you put yourself to doing something about it and understanding you can instead of wallowing in it, your options and potential suddenely become absolutely limitless.
>>
>>18337743
IRL friends>>>internet friends
>>18337679
It doesnt have to be an intensive sport. I met my current set of friends rock climbing and the outdoor community is an amazing group of people. Just some hobby you can share with outs.
The way I generally look at it, you can either be good at a sport, or be good at like 10 other hobbies.
>>
Try and reduce the number of hours you're on a computer for extended periods of time.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.