[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post/Comment your life plans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1485539279777.jpg (121KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1485539279777.jpg
121KB, 640x1136px
>Be Me
>Be 18 years old Britbong doing A-levels
>Planning on doing Civil Engineering at Uni and as a career
>3 years course at Uni
>Afterwards planning on joining Royal Engineers for 3 years to get the bursary to pay off the student debt
>After that continue to pursue a Civil Engineering career
>Problem being my Immigrant Irish Catholic Family, aren't the biggest fans of the British Army
>Worried what my father would think of me if I ever did sign up
>Wat does /adv think of my life plan and my familys reaction?
>>
>>18335270
I think you're planning far too much into the future and counting your chickens before they hatch
>>
>>18335294
Is it not a better idea to plan than to have no idea where I'm going wiv life at all?
>>
>>18335373
join the military first (before you go to uni), then you get the bursary but you also get paid as an enlisted man the whole time youre studying. you will have to do slightly longer service afterwards, but its worth it

how do you mean 'immigrant irish'? are you in america or something and not ireland?

either way, most people who were involved are old and tired now. ill tell you a story, i moved to aus a while ago and became good friends with an irish family, who also knew all the other irish families near them. all the men were ex fighters, on different sides. throw me in and you have another. point is, we all made an effort to avoid that, and it just never came up. most people are glad to leave that past behind
>>
>>18335410

OP here, by immigrant Irish I mean my Parents and Grandparents are Irish and moved to England, where I was born.
And also they aren't the people to forget things like that, my Nans uncle Dan Breen was one of the original members of the IRA and fired the first shots in the revolutionary war.

Also, how much longer would I have to be in the RE if I joined before starting uni?
>>
>>18335441
ah yeah ofc, that makes sense. well talk to your parents is best i can say

normally amount of times studying + 1, can be longer for more involved training like a pilot
>>
>>18335461

So given its a 3 year course, id be spending 4 in the army?
And if I did join it would only be as a regular Combat Engineer, not an officer or anything fancy
>>
>22 male Cancuck
>Plan to get through uni because parents will be proud.
>Start youtube channel based on my creative writing that hopefully becomes a huge success.
>Launch website based on creative writing with merchandise and other shekel-gathering stuff.
>Have wonderful success because I'm so special, use money to fund video games based on my writing.
>Finally have fun video games to play.
>Also marry a cute girl who doesn't leave me and take all my money.
>>
>>18335270
honestly im not from europe so i don't know shit about that but i really hope it works out man
>be me
>19 y/o finishing up first year at uni, studying cs at a school ranked in top 10 for cs
> landed internship at a large software sompany this summer(not a big 4, but it's big, the main competitor is salesforce)
>find research under a good group here, and find it fast, and do it for the next 3 years to get good letters of recs
>intern next summer at big 4 or unicorn, do the same for the next 2 summers afterwards
>graduate with a 4.0 major gpa, hopefully at least magna cum laude but more optimally summa cum laude
>do a 1-1.5 year master's in cs at stanford/MIT/cmu/berk/etc. in system/networks and/or AI/ML
>work at a unicorn or big 4, climb technical ladder to architect, or possibly take chances with some startups first until late late 20s

Haven't figured out what comes next. I've been wondering, is this going to be it? I'll probably switch companies at some point. But when I plan my life out like this it seems terribly boring. Recently I completely lost a sense of self. I really wanted to go study abroad in japan, but my dad disapproved so now I'm just going to try to do my master's at stanford like he wants.
>>
>>18335522
YT channel on creative writing? How do?
>>
>>18335491
yeah, whereas if you joined after it would be 3 years or so
>>
>>18335530
Well my idea is that I'm gonna just read my writing with some nice illustrations to go with it. Sounds stupid but i write weird shit so I'm hoping it picks up with somebody out there.
>>
File: 1495138431211.jpg (162KB, 890x593px) Image search: [Google]
1495138431211.jpg
162KB, 890x593px
>22 from slovenia
>finish university (EE)
>get job, uni is free so no debts
>work, then blow money on making shitty cars fast
>hope that somewhere in the process a gf magically appears
>crash and die

pic related, me in 5 years
>>
build up enough courage to kill myself
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.