[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to meet girls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: tod.jpg (126KB, 809x829px) Image search: [Google]
tod.jpg
126KB, 809x829px
20m, somewhere between het and demisexual. INTJ personality type.

All my hobbies are almost entirely solitary. Fitness, cooking, languages, and video games (ladder based multiplayers, been top 500 in a couple, I care more about winning than networking cause soloque). I'm primarily solitary in my free time, but keep a super tight knit group of friends. I'm out of school right now, but going back in 3 months. Job (small buisiness retail) is solitary as well. Outside of customers, I really don't interact with women much.

I tried online dating, but I really can't make it work. I end up swiping no on 95% of profiles because none of them are interesting and I don't really get much in terms of purely physical attraction. I get matches, but even then, I didn't really feel compelled by the lack of interest from the other side. I'm well aware it's cause they have 50 million guys messaging them, but the lack of interest is such a huge turn off so huge I can't justify continuing to chat. Even past that, I can't in a million years see myself participating in the 'date tons of women until one sticks' thing that a lot of people do, I don't really have the ability to not really invest in a relationship, it needs to mean something or I'm entirely uninterested.

Logic tells me I should join a club when I go back to school, but every nerd in existance wants to meet girls through that. Nerdy chicks usually dont give two fucks about fitness, and fitness chicks tend to dislike video games. 'Average' girls tend not to care about either at all. The few fit or at least not-legbeard girls that do enjoy gaming and keep in shape are jumped on by 50 million guys I feel, basically as rare as a unicorn, so everyone wants them.

This is the scenario I think I'm in, I guess I'm looking for direction
>>
I'm a nerdy girl. You say all the nerds will be after us. That's true. But guess what? They're all unattractive as fuck. I've been single for a while and I haven't met a single nerd that I found good looking, and I've met a LOT. I say go to those clubs and you'll probably be a better candidate than most.
>>
File: 1478761689892.jpg (63KB, 758x759px) Image search: [Google]
1478761689892.jpg
63KB, 758x759px
>>18334068

>95% of the women I find online aren't good enough for me

>I'm not interested in the 5% that I do match with because they don't seem excited enough to be talking to me

You sound like a bit of a twat, honestly. I mean, if you're looking for a reason you're riding the struggle bus with girls I'd put my money on that.
>>
>>18334068
I'm a female and we sound very alike. I have all of those interests. The problem with girls that enjoy solitary like you is that we are hard to find. I barely leave my house except for basic shopping and to go to class. I can tell you the places I do hang out though are the library, cafes, grocery shops (especially health food stores), video game stores, thrift shops, sometimes (but rarely) a venue to catch a nice Folk or acoustic show.

I would also suggest to try striking up a conversation with girls in your class. Clubs would be a good idea, but the problem is that I find it hard to fit in. I tried clubs and everyone seemed to already have developed relationships with each other. It was hard to fit in so I gave up. Clubs at your school might be different though.

On online dating - I completely agree on that. I couldn't care less about looks, but then their personalities are just not enough to keep me interested. We have rare interests unfortunately, so I understand you on this one, but a bit of compromise could be useful here. The chances of you finding a girl with all of those interests is unlikely as you stated. But there's nothing wrong with getting a nice nerdy chick into fitness. If she really likes you, she'll be open to trying new things with you.

Have you tried multiple websites? I would do this to expand your options until you find yourself an interesting lady. Good luck!
>>
>>18334087
That's probably more accurate Looking at it objectively, you're probably right. Working out at all is more than a lot of nerdy guys do. And I'm not ugly, realistically speaking I'm on the better side of average, no blowout 10, but I guess better than potential competition.

>>18334091
I don't find them interesting at all, not that they're not good enough. I completely fail to recognize them as a thing I could be attracted to. They can be perfectly attractive, but I outright have no interest, for no quantifiable reason. There is no conscious though, it just is.

Being a twat would involve putting active thought into each decline and picking them apart as I do so, and that's not something I do. I genuinely have absolutely no interest in associating with them.
>>
File: 1373510763041.jpg (10KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1373510763041.jpg
10KB, 240x200px
>>18334122

>I don't find them interesting at all, not that they're not good enough.

Ok, they're not "interesting" enough for you, then. Your superiority complex is super apparent. If I were you, I'd start from there and work your way down.

If you genuinely find 95% of people unworthy of your interest then the problem is you, not then.
>>
>>18334119
That's honestly what I figured. The people who are like me are like me, and by nature would share similar habits.

>>18334129
>not being interested in people is having a superiority complex
???

But I clearly don't share interests in them and I'm not really attracted to people based on looks alone. The things I enjoy, I can enjoy alone or with company, so unless I'm really drawn in by somebody, why do I want to associate with them? I'm introverted as fuck, I don't need to surround myself with people, I chose to keep a super close circle of friends that I share interests with.

I don't see people as inferior really. I just chose not to associate with people I don't share interests with. I really don't see that as a superiority complex.

Like can I talk esports and go over plays with most people? How about discussing the decisions in an RPG? Or what spices to add and when to make a good dish? The list goes on. I just don't share interests with many people. And I like the subjects I like and love conversing about what I like with people who like what I like as well, because often times they have super interesting things to add to the conversation. I can't share these good conversations with people who dont share my interests.
>>
File: 1493356742741.jpg (10KB, 227x261px) Image search: [Google]
1493356742741.jpg
10KB, 227x261px
>>18334175
Are you me? You read my mind with this one. I dislike socializing with people I have no common interests with because the conversation lacks passion and that connection I often long for. I hate when people confuse this for arrogance.
>>
>>18334199
Yeah, it's super shitty. Honestly for all most people care, it is arrogance, eye of the beholder and all. And it sucks pretty badly.

Ultimately I find it better for both parties when I just don't interact much with people I dont share much in common with. They think I'm somewhat disconenected and it feels super shitty for them, and I think the conversations are hardly worth my time. Neither party really enjoys it, and it's just bad all around.
>>
File: 1412503514383.gif (933KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
1412503514383.gif
933KB, 245x285px
>>18334175

>not being interested in people is having a superiority complex

Claiming that 95% of people you meet aren't interesting enough for you to want to associate with them is having a superiority complex.

You keep phrasing it in a way that just implies you just don't get along with them but that doesn't change the fact that you don't get along with them BECAUSE you have a superiority complex, anon. You can keep pretending like its just a preference you have and not arrogance but the fact of the matter is you came here because you don't interact with a lot of women and you're having a hard time connecting with people.

Obviously you're doing something wrong, and if you're unwilling to even remotely entertain the idea that your difficulty cultivating meaningful relationships is partly your fault then you can just look forward to continuing to be alone.
>>
>Languages

Are you only practicing with males or what? Make some more female language exchange partners and see what happens.
>>
Typically if you are a homebody or don't have too large of a friend circle, online is the way to go.

But honestly if you go out looking for a girl, chances are you won't find a good one because you're not aligning yourself with the type of women you want. You'll find thirsty girls and low quality ones.

There's a common theory that if you improve yourself, write down a list of qualities you want in a partner and deal breakers, re-read it everyday, and make the necessary improvements of yourself so when you do meet your dream girl you can approach and flirt with her with ease, then the universe will magically send her into your life when you are ready. Usually when you least expect it, are focused on your goals and enjoying the single life, and have made all the necessary improvements.

When you walk in public keep in mind your list of dream girl qualities and you will begin to notice girls that match your list start popping up. ALWAYS make eye contact with girls you find attractive and don't break it. If you look away first it displays weakness.

If you see a cute girl smiling at you and making eye contact in the mall or something, just go up to her and say "Hey you have a great smile, what's your name?"

Then if she asks your name after telling you hers, she's most likely interested. If she doesn't even ask your name, probably not interested.

You can flirt with her and chat, but if I'm in public I like to just say "I'd love to talk to you but I gotta run. What's your number?" and pull out my phone and start looking at it ready to enter her number. You can literally get a girls number within 30 seconds using this technique.

But the "be patient and good things will come" technique can be tough for those who are anxious that it will never happen. Try getting laid a few times and it becomes easy to relax and let the universe do it's work.

gl.
>>
I heard this guy who always has a few pieces of paper in his wallet that say "I think you're cute" with his number written on back. If he sees a cute girl at a grocery store or something he just walks up to them, hands them the card, smiles, and walks away. He says almost every single girl texts him. Even if they have a gf they'll contact him to tell him they appreciate his boldness and hope he finds a nice girl.

I'm gonna give it a shot. Tinder is not ideal.
>>
>>18334068

INTJ? You kinda are a unicorn. It's gonna be hard for you to relate to anyone honestly. INTJs are pretty critical and guarded but oddly enough they attract ENFP personalities.
>>
>>18334743

Soo put yourself out there where you can find a weird ENFP chick. You're obvs smart enough to be categorized as an INTJ so try to figure out what ENFPs might like or where they would go to hang out, then hang around til they smell you out lol. See? Such a smart idea. You are super welcome. You owe me 1,000x sodas.
>>
>>18334743
Why is INTJ a unicorn?
>>
>>18334881

I don't know. They aren't that common from what I remember. But you know, these tests aren't 100% accurate or anything
>>
>>18334516
Online. Duolingo and Roseta Stone. When I go back to school, i'm going to take German, which is what I'm studdying, for credits case why not. Gives me a good window to socialize and practice, as well as meet the

>>18334743
>>18334743
We're like 3% of the population, third rarest personality type. Nurturer and INTP are rarer. And yeah, i do find my personality bites me in the ass just about as much as it helps me.

in regards to ENFP, i didnt know that, i'll look into that more. worth pursuing.
>>
>>18334949
>in regards to ENFP, i didnt know that, i'll look into that more. worth pursuing.

You're welcome. Now don't forget 1,000x sodas plz.
>tfw when ppl don't take you seriously when you're super smart and obviously ENFP ahahhaa.
>>
>>18334068
>>18334087
Lower your standards, improve yourself or literally die alone. Your choice.
>>
I'm fucking INTP and online has been the best route for me, I've banged tons of girls from pof/okcupid/tinder. Also, do you have your own place? It's basically necessary to get girls.
>>
File: 1495235639467.jpg (42KB, 842x474px) Image search: [Google]
1495235639467.jpg
42KB, 842x474px
>>18334499

I have to go with what this anon said. From what OP wrote he seems to be extremely picky and intolerant towards people who simply enjoy different things.

Also, immediately dismissing almost everyone alive on the basis of small prejudices (fitness chicks disliking video games, average girls not liking fitness/games, etc) suggests someone who isn't very world savvy. People will surprise you on how deep/different they are. The wise housewife, the stonemason who's pretty cultivated, the nerdy chick who's also a fitness bunny, etc. It's true there are walking clichés but there are also people who go completely outside of what one would expect based on the generalizations and prejudices we're all taught.

td;dr : OP, grow up and expand your worldview. You're not God's gift to humanity and you can't know other people before actually taking the time to know them. Give them a chance, you'll be surprised.
>>
>>18334068
Why do you want to date a nerdy chick?
Even if I am nerdy, I don't usually date nerds and it's okay anyway.
>>
>>18334068
>demisexual
Back to tumblr.
>>18334087
>I'm a nerdy girl
Self wanky
>>
>>18335322
Disinterest=/=intolerant.

If I'm intolerant to an individual or belief, I will activly aproach an individual in a way that villainizes them. Often with fairly open verbal hostility, dismantling everything they say and do.

The act of being uninterested is not a choice. If I could chose to be more open to people, I would. However that's not how I am, and that's basically it. I enjoy spending time with people similar to myself.

I give generalizations for the sake of ease. I don't inherantly believe everyone is cookie cutter, I do believe you can easily sum up a majority for the sake of mass generalization and ease of processing information. Which is why EXPLICITELY said X people type TEND to Y, not X=Y. I'm avery literal person if i mean X tends to be Y, I mean X tends to be Y. I don't mince words.

Never in any of my posts have I displayed any form of ego or being 'God's gift'. I genuinely do not see myself above any other person. I stated facts about myself, asked a question, and want answers. I'm getting them. I'm also responding to false claims with relevant information.

Are you under the belief that I'm missing some core aspect of living life to its fullest? My life is fine. My lifestyle is fine. I'm not extremely antisocial. I can hold a conversation. I don't hate people. I am entirely apathetic to the majority of people because I fail to see how I relate to their lives. Apathy and disinterest are a far cry from intolerance and superiority. I often think people are far better of than myself.

If you see my state as a problem, fine. However it's not relevant to my question of 'where do i meet a girl that I'd like', when I've provided information. You're not answering the question, you're debating the details of a person you dont know.
>>
>>18335517
OP. I am an INTJ girl who shares your interests - work out 4 times a week, speak 3 languages fluently and learning my 4th, cook pretty well, decently nerdy. And, trust me, you don't want to date a girl like me, especially at 20.

I love meeting people like me. I feel like I can relate so much and I always get crazy about them.
Then after a few months I realise that they are like me. They cannot fucking communicate an emotion for the love of god. They are arrogant as hell and always want to be right. They are so analytical that every disagreement turns into a 3 hours dissertation on that word you used in that sentence in a text in 2013. They are absolutely autistic and clueless and don't get a hint. You share so many interests but you never actually do anything new and miss doing things alone.

Find yourself a person who compensates you. Someone sensitive, mature, kind. Someone who shares some of your interests but is able to teach you new shit. Someone who is able to guide you through your emotions and who argues well with you.

Relationships aren't a matter of shared interests or similarities, they are a matter of finding someone who is different from you in the right way.
>>
>>18335517

Dude, nobody's arguing with you here.

Lets take it step by step. You came here asking for advice on where to meet girls. This seems to be a problem for you otherwise you wouldn't ask for advice on it. In your first post you came off as someone who *seems* to dismiss others based on stereotypes. I don't know if this is true or not and I don't much care but I agree that what you wrote suggests that. Being that way will make you miss out meeting some pretty wonderful and interesting people. The advice I give you, to aid you in meeting interesting people, is to stop giving in to those mental shortcuts and to give other people a chance. If you did that you'd find that meeting other people, including girls, is pretty easy and can happen everywhere : in a park, on the internet, in a bar, in a hobby club, etc, etc.

On a side note, one Anon suggested your tendency to dismiss other people might be due to a superiority complex. Honestly, the more you post the more I agree with Anon. This isn't a university class, we're in a Nepalese animu image board full of trap loving perverts. Write like a normal person.
>>
>>18334129

You do not get where OP is coming from. For example I have an IQ of 131
*gives myself pat on my back*
so dating a normal girl for me is not that interesting, because were not having the same interests and dont run at the same speed. So me/op dating a normal girl would be the equivalent of you dating a retard, assuming you have average intelligence.
>>
File: peggy.gif (1MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
peggy.gif
1MB, 426x240px
>>18335935
>tfw I am a girl and I have an IQ of 136
>>
>>18335558

Lolol so funny and so honest. That's why INTJs rule.
>>
>>18335940
I'm sure you're a smart cookie but it's just a number, hun.
>>
>>18335968
I know sweetpea, I don't honestly care about it.
Just joking.
>>
>>18335968
I can sniff the jealousy through my screen.
>>
>>18335956
<3 Thanks.

Just got to find myself a feely boyfriend to be autistic with.
>>
>>18334087
You're one of those plump pears that call themselves a 8 or a 9 huh?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.