[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concern over HPV developing to cancer and being unable to afford

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 20161014_122605.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161014_122605.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
I really need help.

I started seeing a girl whom I grew very close with but am not officially going out with (we just haven't yet adopted the title of boyfriend/girlfriend). She recently came out positive for HPV, showing some cell abnormalities but she was told they were slight and not cancerous. The thing is, she has a weak immune system and the results she received were from last November and she only heard about having HPV from her last visit which was related to her IUD, so she is concerned that the condition could manifest into cancer the more that time goes on. Her insurance can cover all but $345 for the colposcopy, which she can't currently afford and that is really unsettling her because she is unsure about how much time she'll have left before things get worse, if they do indeed get worse. I'm ignorant about all the resources that are available and it is really stressing her out to where she feels helpless and afraid that she'll die because she can't afford the procedures that will follow if she does indeed get cancer. I care about her so much and I want to do whatever I can to help her, but she is so downtrodden right now to where it seems she almost wants to give up. I don't know what to tell her to ease her mind at the very least. Pic obviously unrelated.
>>
Where do you live?
Why the fuck is she getting charged 345$ for a colposcopy?
>>
Remember that you properly carry HPV now. In case you fuck other women in the future.
>>
>>18332096
Texas.
>>18332105
I was aware that I had it before I met her and she found out she had it as well the day after I told her I did.
>>
>>18332105
Oh and for the record, I didn't pass it to her. She had it well before I met her.
>>
>>18332067
Isn't it lucky that we have Obamacare to guarantee insurance cover so we don't have to worry about this?

Oh, wait a minute. . . . .
>>
>>18332658
Top kek
>>
I am in the same position as you guys, they did find something once but it didn't turn out to be cancer. Not yet anyway. Idk how likely it is to ever become cancer, but I know we've both had HPV all our lives from our parents, so it's not like either of us could have ever done anything. The only thing you can do is keep checking, preventative measures are paramount. And if you want kids, well ... look at my situation.
>>
>>18332759
Oh make sure she takes some painkillers before she goes and gets that done. Just weak ones, it's not like torture, just gross and uncomfortable.
>>
>>18332658

Yeah, especially when mommy and daddy cover the $400 a month premium for Obamacare.
>>
>>18332067

>She recently came out positive for HPV, showing some cell abnormalities but she was told they were slight and not cancerous.

This doesn't sound abnormal, especially if the healthcare provider isn't concerned. Did they recommend further investigation?

>she has a weak immune system

Is this clinically established? Or is this, "Well she does seem to get sick more often than most people."

>she is unsure about how much time she'll have left before things get worse

Cervical cancer is uncommon in anyone under age 50.
>>
File: Chewie.jpg (143KB, 768x993px) Image search: [Google]
Chewie.jpg
143KB, 768x993px
>>18332067

"....Sexually transmitted HPV types fall into two categories:

Low-risk HPVs, which do not cause cancer but can cause skin warts (technically known as condylomata acuminata) on or around the genitals and anus. For example, HPV types 6 and 11 cause 90% of all genital warts. HPV types 6 and 11 also cause recurrent respiratory papillomatosis, a less common disease in which benign tumors grow in the air passages leading from the nose and mouth into the lungs.

High-risk HPVs, which can cause cancer. About a dozen high-risk HPV types have been identified. Two of these, HPV types 16 and 18, are responsible for most HPV-caused cancers.

HPV infections are the most common sexually transmitted infections in the United States. About 14 million new genital HPV infections occur each year. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that more than 90% and 80%, respectively, of sexually active men and women will be infected with at least one type of HPV at some point in their lives. Around one-half of these infections are with a high-risk HPV type.

Most high-risk HPV infections occur without any symptoms, go away within 1 to 2 years, and do not cause cancer. Some HPV infections, however, can persist for many years. Persistent infections with high-risk HPV types can lead to cell changes that, if untreated, may progress to cancer..."

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/infectious-agents/hpv-fact-sheet
>>
>>18332067
I really wonder why is usa the only 1st world country without free health care. Like how does the other countries do it?

Is the ultimaze price for freedom to die young from untreated cancer? How long will it take before you push your gov to completely change the game called healthcare? You spent so much money on so many things, but health of citizens is apparently not important.

And this
>>18333143
Literally everybody has some king of hpv in their bodies.
>>
>>18332821
I'm not sure to be honest (about her immune system issue). She has been complaining about abdominal pain, though, and I think that's what worries her coupled with the fact that, should things worsen, she won't be able to afford any procedures or treatment. She has been struggling with depression for quite some time and so I think this whole situation is really fucking with her.

I stayed up until 5 in the morning last night trying to convince her that she shouldn't "may as well just die" and that she should take whatever step she can to look for another source to help determine what her situation really is. She said some things that really broke my heart, and I won't go into detail, but that's how upset she is at the moment. She really is convinced that the condition will inevitably develop into cancer and kill her, but I'm more than sure that outlook is due to depression.
>>
>>18333289
The current administration is a direct response to a black man being president and all the horrible ideas they read in Atlas Shrugged.

2 years minimum to lose congress
4 minimum to lose presidency

and the whole way they'll be gutting social services because they're a 60 year old man why should I pay for insurance to have that slut daughter of mine not give me a grandkid?
>>
>>18333143
I was reading your post and missed the sexts.
>>
>>18333331
So you are saying it will get better, but not now?

Honestly i dont care too much, i am just random europoor, but it is somewhat satisfying to kick the dead horse aka usa health care from time to time.
>>
>>18332658
>>18332810

That really is an issue though with Obamacare itself as it was implemented not generally with forced health insurance. Here in Germany for example my insurance covers basically EVERYTHING that costs more than ~ 10-20 Euro. Everything that costs more they pay for me. The only exception are glasses, but medicamentation, hospital, surgery, teeth - all is covered.

And you can mostly thank the republic vetos -> changes in the implementation for it not working as well as our system.
>>
>>18333346
pretty much.
>>
>>18332067
nigga needs to be injecting immune cells through her veins, idk what the hell she is doing fooling around you. stay away from that.
>>
>>18333320

This sounds far more like depression and anxiety causing hypochondria. You might want her to seek out a psychiatrist, psychologist, or licensed professional counselor. Sounds like she needs therapy and SSRIs.
>>
>>18334294
I'm not sure if she already has but she has tested for HPV and came out positive. I'm not too sure about the details too be honest. She seems to be doing better today as far as her mood is concerned. I have to get tested myself because I'm pretty sure I have genital warts from another girl I was with a couple of years ago. Hopefully the fees for treatment aren't as ridiculous as $345.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.