[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Community college or uni

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1494509202477.jpg (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494509202477.jpg
304KB, 1920x1080px
I am getting a degree in computer science and or IT. I am going to get all basic classes out of the way before my main degree. I am wanting to go to uni regardless, but is it better to go to community college for 2 years or uni for 4 years?
>>
>>18331998
Uni
>>
Unless youre amazing enough to get a full scholarship or you have rich parents, do community college first. Remember to work a part time job
>>
>>18332097
Shit didn't read question. Go to cc for 2 years, then uni for 2
>>
>>18331998
In terms of quality of education, 4 years of uni is better. But sometimes it is legitimate to compromise on quality of the CC route is very much more economical.
>>
>>18331998
Do cc for all your pre reqs and shit. MAKE SURE though that the uni you want to go to will accept the credits. And that they will count towards what you need for your CS degree.

The only "downside" is that you will miss out on the "college experience" but you will thank yourself later when paying off debts.
>>
>>18331998
It's not where you go or what you do. People impressions of you are entirely dependent on your effectiveness at manifesting change and how you taste in their mind eye. community college, university, harvard, yale, doesn't mean jack shit if your accomplishments outweigh the superficial. Learn to develop your charisma and the portfolio of your accomplishments. The degree is just certificate that says you've qualified for X. Best of luck anon.
>>
>>18332703
some cc's have programs that auto do that for you. tho i doubt they have it for CS
>>
>>18331998
I did my gen eds at community college.

>classes taught by a professor
>by himself
>in English
>1/10 the price or free

Can a university make that offer?
>>
>>18331998
Masters student here. Go to a CC. It's cheaper, usually easier, and more chances to get scholarships because its easier to get a good GPA.
>>
Would it be better to take my general classes for two years or take some intro to computer science there as well.
>>
>>18331998
Do any easy accredited CC for 2 years, work hard to have a baller GPA, and then transfer to your Uni of choice. This is absolutely the way to do it.

The only thing you'll miss out on is the """college experience""" which is kinda bullshit. Just work a job, move out, and live with people close to your age. Have fun. There, """"college experience"""".

I did 2 years at a cheap state college, then transfered to Uni. I had no debt going into Uni and will graduate from Uni with only about 2k in debt. One of the better decisions I lucked out to make.
>>
>>18333747
>take some intro to computer science there as well
You can take the basic Intro to Comp Sci class if you want, I did that. I am an Information Systems major (same classes as Comp Sci except I take business classes instead of some science classes). Comp Sci 1301 aka "Intro to Comp Sci" is a prereq for all Junior-level Comp Sci classes, and the sooner you do that the better. You'll likely be learning Java or another simple language like C#.

However, be warned that sometimes credits will not transfer if you are not taking the right classes. Always make sure you're taking the basic classes, and check with your advisors to make sure they're classes that should transfer to wherever you want to go.
>>
>>18333782
How do I find roommates, all my former friends have been gone in different places.
>>
>>18333799
Thanks a lot
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.