[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Party Behavior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: sc9pi8.gif (331KB, 584x875px) Image search: [Google]
sc9pi8.gif
331KB, 584x875px
Im a college freshman, never been to a party in my life. I was loser in High school but in college I made friends with a couple of jocks and they invited me to a party. I have no idea how to behave at a party without being awkward, help.
>>
It's gonna suck you'll go home regretting every minute. Don't go and save yourself the trouble.
>>
>>18331156

>I have no idea how to behave at a party without being awkward, help.

You want to know a secret?

No one knows how to behave at a party without being awkward. That's why young kids drink. They're all insecure, hormonal messes and they use alcohol and being drunk as an excuse to act out their deep seated need for validation.

That's why kids get too drunk and randomly fuck each other and fight and smash shit and jump through windows; because being drunk is the only time their heads aren't filled with the fear and anxiety of getting older and finding out who they are. Drunk words are sober thoughts so, following that logic, it makes sense why everyone invites their crushes and does crazy over the top shit at parties because its the only place where they have an excuse to say and do the things they want to do but just don't have the courage to do otherwise.

I'm not saying parties aren't fun, I'm just saying don't step into a room and assume you're the only person there who lacks confidence or social awareness. It is literally 100% of the room.
>>
>>18331177
Normal people are socialized by age 5. They drink because it's fun to be disinhibited. You and I and the OP are all social retards and there's nothing to do about it.
>>
>>18331182

>Normal people are socialized by age 5

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

>They drink because it's fun to be disinhibited

Yes, and when you're disinhibited you have the courage and acceptable social enviornment to act out and validate all of your hidden insecurities and desires.

Everyone drinks for different reasons but, as children, the reason is typically predictable. Children are unsure of themselves, insecure and impulsive. What better excuse to get all of these feelings out of your system then getting drunk and do something crazy.

Yes, its fun to be disinhibited but the disinhibition is not arbitrary, anon. It serves a specific purpose. That was the entire point of my post.
>>
You're not even at the party and you're thinking too much. Don't even think about how you're acting. Take your focus off yourself.
If someone offers you drugs, make sure it's not crack, heroin or meth, then take them! Don't forget to redose!
Also get into a fight about 3 hours in. Pick on someone who you know is weaker than you but looks like a fair match. Have no mercy. The cool kids will see that you are able to defend your territory and will likely accept you into the herd.
DO NOT forget to make fun of the Asian kid, this cannot be stressed enough. Use this to mask your own awkwardness.
Lastly do not forget to throw up inside. Nothing like a pool of puke indoors that says "good party". You will be seen as a mighty warrior! Nothing can stop you from partying, no puking no nothing!
>>
File: 50 shades of grey.jpg (31KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
50 shades of grey.jpg
31KB, 1024x576px
>>18331182
> I made friends with a couple of jocks and they invited me to a party
First, are you male or female?

If you are female, don't pretend that they made "friends" with you. They invited you because they want to get you drunk and fuck you.

If you are a guy, be cool. Drink, but do NOT get drunk. Keep your drinking to 1-2 / hour. Always know where the back door is. I've been at parties where the rednecks get a little too rowdy and pull a gun. If that happens, don't say a word. Just bolt out the door and don't look back.

Good luck.
>>
>>18331254
Im a guy so I dont think im being taken advantage of

>>18331177
Thanks man this actually boosted my confidence a lot I think Im ready
>>
Watch 13 Reasons Why.

It's super helpful with examples of how to act, and has great real-life party etiquette tips.
>>
>>18331177
t. a socially awkward neckbeard

I have never been anxious at a party, and i often even go solo to clubs or shows when none of my friends are interested at the event. Always have a blast and meet tons of new people
>>
>>18332365
>meet tons of new people
To never see them again.
>>
>>18332425
Even if that's the case, who the fuck cares though? Point is to have fun and socialize with people
>>
>>18332428
It is just the fact that despite going to parties, one is still lonely in depth of their heart.
>>
>>18332461
You still have a better chance of meeting someone than if you were sitting home in your underwear playing WoW
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.