[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't want to do anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1492668886212.jpg (50KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1492668886212.jpg
50KB, 540x429px
Hello dear /adv/isors,

I don't really want to do anything. I don't feel bad, I just don't especially want to do anything. I have to work later, I don't mind that, I don't want to but I don't not want to either so I just go with it. That's basically how my life is.

Maybe it sounds ok in comparison to a lot of the bad things that affect people, and I guess it is, but I really just find myself lost as to what to do. If I were totally left to my own devices I would probably just sleep a lot as it is physically comfortable. I restrain myself from doing that because then I would be sleepy while working and people would notice and eventually it would become a source of stress. Often thoughts float through my head like "Well, today I could xyz... nah, I'll just chill."

I mean my life is never going to fucking go anywhere like this it's beginning to irritate me. I would welcome any advice / validation / pointless shitposting.
>>
File: 1437313724800.jpg (129KB, 716x798px) Image search: [Google]
1437313724800.jpg
129KB, 716x798px
Bump
>>
Niggers
>>
>>18329570
So what do you actually do when you're awake and not working, and not asking what you should be doing?
>>
>>18329759
A lot of the time I sit at my computer looking at 4chan. This is basically just the minimum effort activity to keep me awake.

I go to the gym a few times a week and sometimes I go mountain biking. I meet some friends to play pool once in a while. But I still end up with a lot of time where I don't really "need" to do anything so I just do nothing (i.e. sit at my computer and browse the internet)

It's not that I especially want to be sitting here reading 4chan, although it's not disagreeable, I just don't have any strong desire to do anything else
>>
>>18329767
Is it desire you really lack, or something else? You go gym and mountain biking and play pool with your friends, why?
>>
>>18329783
I dunno, really, I'm not very good at understanding my emotions. Mountain biking is fun, but I don't have the same passion for it as I used to. The gym is nice for me I guess because I have really clear objectives and everything is very simple. And I like the feeling of getting stronger and looking a bit better. Pool with my friends is usually fun, and it's basically the only non-work social contact I have. Again though I used to be a lot more interested in actually being good at pool, but I lost interest in it and now I really just go to hang out with my friends.
>>
>>18329801
Okay, so what you want is something that's really focused with clear goals, and more friends. When you go mountain biking is it alone? Are you in a club? Have you considered any martial arts (meet new people, clear goals and benchmarks in the tiers)? Have you considered getting a hobby of some form that isn't lurking 4chan but requires just as little effort (reading is probably your 'best' all around option here)?
>>
>>18329844
>When you go mountain biking is it alone? Are you in a club?
Yes it's alone. I've thought about meeting other people to go with, I've thought about finding other hobbies, but the thing it's not really a lack of options that's the issue. I am aware that there's a practically infinite amount of things I could be doing and many of them would probably be quite enjoyable but in the end I just don't do anything. I don't really have an explanation for it, it's just an observation of my own life. I went through a phase of reading a lot earlier this year but again I just don't really feel like it any more. I see a book that I was half way through and I think about picking it up and finishing it, but my mind just kind of slides off it.

None of this stuff is particularly consequential in the short or medium term but I feel like if I don't find something or someone that I connect with I'm just going to keep sliding down (and, eventually, end up homeless/dead/incarcerated through sheer apathy)
>>
>>18329570
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbOeO_frzvg
Watch this, his stuff changed my life.
>>
>>18329870
I don't really give a shit about changing the world to be honest. I don't have time to watch the full video now (have to work ina few minutes) but it doesn't really seem very interesting to me
>>
>>18329855
Well the solution to your problem is to stop being a lazy faggot. If you want more friends you've got options already laid out, join a mountain biking club, reignite a passion and meet new people. Do martial arts or boxing or something, again meet new people and fix it into your existing workout regimes. Finish those books, find better books, focus on climbing the ladder at work, find a job you like more than your current one. You know that really fucking cringy Shia Labeef Just Do It video? He was talking to you. There isn't some easy fix that'll change your mental state, it's just a matter of getting off your ass and doing it. And if you don't want to, then stop fucking complaining.
>>
>>18329890
>And if you don't want to, then stop fucking complaining.
I'm complaining about not wanting to

Some people always look like they're in the driver's seat of their lives. They pursue things they want. I feel like I'm basically a passenger
>>
>>18329900
You have control over that you fucking moron. If you feel like you're just a passenger and you no longer want to be just a passenger then take the wheel, become the driver. If you didn't want to, then you wouldn't be fucking complaining about it to begin with.
>>
>>18329917
I think they are complaining about not wanting anything.
>>
>>18329900
I feel you OP. I'm in the same situation.
what are your beliefs?
>>
File: ads5255_csw_rl.jpg (131KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ads5255_csw_rl.jpg
131KB, 800x800px
>>18329570
Honestly what would help you out would be keeping a small pocket journel and just write out what you do during the day. At first you wont be to happy with it. ie. sleeping half the day/ what not but as you start doing things like hobbies you will fill up the journal and be able to be proud looking back on it. Ive been keeping one for years and it has really helped me out
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.