[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

two short questions on writing a book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Noized-SineX v1.0 Help.jpg (103KB, 1085x748px) Image search: [Google]
Noized-SineX v1.0 Help.jpg
103KB, 1085x748px
what do you like in a fiction book?
if you've published a book, how do I publish it?
>>
File: AI 00.png (303KB, 526x566px) Image search: [Google]
AI 00.png
303KB, 526x566px
>>18328724
>if you've published a book, how do I publish it?
You send it to a publishers submissions dept. It helps to write a summary for them. Send it to a publisher which publishes the genre your book is. I'm not quite sure how much you should send of the book, it's been a while since I looked into this myself. I'm just at the point of coming up with an intro draft which I'm comfortable with myself for my book.
>>
>>18328748
thx bro. I'm going to get all high on caffeine and write this in a few days. when I'm not at work that is...
>>
Self publish on Amazon. I guarantee that a publisher will not take your book. Amazon will take anything, they have special machines that only print a book when it's bought, so they don't waste money.
>>
>>18328770
Hope it goes well m'friend! Wish I could offer more insight for ya. You sound like you got the passion for it now, and that helps.
>>
>>18328778
I could say the same for amazon consumers... at least an actual person will tell me my book is crap, amazon will just take my money...
>>
>>18328724
find a publishing agent if you wanted it in print
>>
Bump, I'm interested too in the info.. although I'm an inexperience writer.
>>
>>18328848
I asked lit the other day about what they want in a fiction book... all they responded with was "Something not written by an autist like you..." I asked a few people at my work the other day about what they'd want in a fiction book, they said it needs to have some sort of love in the background, but mainly nonsensical action mixed with plots that don't add up... I work with odd people...
>>
>>18328724
>what do you like in a fiction book?
A strong cast of characters who act according to their situation in order to push forward a well-thought-out and interesting plot (rather than characters who act as plot demands) with an ultimate moral or question that reflects reality in a way that will cause the reader to grow as a human being. Some subtle comedy throughout is good too.
>>
>>18328906
Sort of what I expected... I have the urge to nuke everyone at the end but, yeah I see where you're going with this.
>>
>>18328858
>Something not written by an autist like you..."
Lol so harsh!

>nonsensical action mixed with plots that don't add up
Yeah I dunno people are weird. But if you make it shiny, I think it can get people to look LOL
>>
>>18328922
You can nuke everyone at the end if you like, so long as it serves a purpose to the story and isn't just pointless, bad-end edginess. Don't worry so much about genre, or specific types of scenes or whatever, story is king. Just make sure your prose is on-point. If you ever get bored writing something ask yourself why someone won't get bored reading it.

This is all based on the question of what I like to read and write, though. It might be your ambition is different, perhaps to get a TV show or movie deal out of it, in which case just write any old shit based on something normalfags are vaguely familiar with and fill it with witticisms and shoddily written sex scenes and base characters on popular actors, that way you can use money to dry your tears at night instead of the pages of your unsold masterpiece.

Good luck and godspeed.
>>
>>18328960
I write to convey a truth about something, but this time it's also for money... so a fair balance...that's why I'm asking people what they want this time...
>>
Preview:
Oisac had extensive training, too. He knew how to defeat monsters with a quickness. When he was in high school he defeated the entire school, it was one day after graduation, and still no one had told him, his TRUE power.
Chapter 1
“Oisac, come over here real quick.”
“Alright gramps, I'm comin'.”
“Call the ambulance.”
“What?!”
“Oisac, come here...”
“Grandpa, I'm callin' an ambulance/”
“O.k. But then come over here.”
“We have an emergency my granpa is dying!”
“Sir, I'm going to need to tell you to calm down, what is your emergency?”
“I dunno' my grandpas having a heart attack or something, out address is ******************* ********** ************** ****.”
“O.k we're sending an ambulence.”
“Oisac, come here”
“Yes Grandpa?”
“I need to tell yo your secret.”
“My secret?”
“Yes.”
“I don't think your feeling too well man, do you need anything?”
“No! I need to tell you your secret boy.”
“O.k. I'm listening.”
“You have a great power in you, Oisac.”
“O.k.”
“You have a special ability.”
“O.k, go on.”
“But it may come at a greater cost then you think.”
“What is it?”
“You're autistic.”
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.