[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I use Tinder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 1484648247461.png (1MB, 1223x880px) Image search: [Google]
1484648247461.png
1MB, 1223x880px
I was talking to a good friend of mine today. She said she was worried about the fact that I spend all my time working and barely socialize with anyone outside of work (I even stopped posting on 4chan for a few months and only came here to post this.) She suggested that I use Tinder to talk to women and also network. Her reasoning was that she uses Tinder to go on a bunch of dates with guys whom she is simultaneously dating. She thinks I should do this because I have a month left in this city before I leave for a PhD program and I need to start acclimating myself to being around people in social settings.

How do I do this? I want to make a good faith effort to follow my friend's advice because I gave her a book that helped me with my emotions and I want her to make a good faith effort to read the book (in other words, I don't want to be a hypocrite.)

But I haven't been on a date in years, and I have never used Tinder before. I am not a virgin but basically have a very low libido and have never been into sex other than a couple of times when I was younger to see what the fuss was about.

What do I do? Please walk me through this like I am a retarded person (which I basically am when it comes to social situations.)
>>
>>18328096
This is going to sound like an /r9k/ rant, but women are clueless about what online dating is like for the opposite sex. Don't bother with Tinder: best case scenario you'll get some landwhale or shallow bitch looking for a sugar daddy. Most times the women won't even respond, however, due to being swamped with attention from men.
>>
>>18328128
Well, I brought that up and she said I should just brute force it, like a hacker or something.
>>
>>18328136
Basically all men swipe right on every photo already. Have her set up a profile and try to find a match for you. It's a win-win, really
>women know better what women like
>she'll get clued in on how horrible women are online
>>
>>18328096
>phd
>knows how to search for information, use them, cite them and use them to push humanity forward in some obscure research
>ask /adv/ on how to attract girls

1) google how to make attractive selfie photo
2) google how to make average dating profile
3) google other dating sites (tinder isnt the only one)
4) start hitting on girls

The only secret advice when online dating is:
>the opener
Hello Jane! Greet them with their name. Then ask them what they are looking for on tinder and keep going.
>boldness
You dont want text buddy, but gf / sex. Keep texting on minimum and ask them on date asap ideally on the same day.

And that is it really. If nobody wants to date you, either improve profile, improve yourself or lower your standards.

Use science approach and keep tuning your conversation and profile via hit & miss technique.

If in doubt, post screen of your profile on adv or on soc to get tips.

Date the bitches!

>>18328128
Nice attitude. The odds are against boys, but it is not THAT bad. Swiping costs you nothing and other apps like okcupid or eharmony works a bit better.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>18328096
>Her reasoning was that she uses Tinder to go on a bunch of dates with guys whom she is simultaneously dating
>>
>>18328149
>The odds are against boys, but it is not THAT bad
How about you try it out yourself then, Jessica?
>>
>>18328153
Sorry, I guess I lost track of things while typing. She is going out with several guys (like, people in post-graduate education or with advanced degrees like computer science grad students or architects) on a rotation, and is getting to know about their professional lives. She said that this is a good way to network and I would basically be killing two birds with one stone, since I would still be working on my career while also improving my social skills.
>>
>>18328165
>She is going out with several guys on a rotation
Are the people she is going out with aware of this?
>>
>>18328171
I didn't ask. I just sort of assumed that this was what people on Tinder did.
>>
>>18328179
It's what sluts on tinder do, yes. Massive STD-riddled sluts.
>>
>>18328171
If you arent seeing multiple girls at the same time while online dating, you are probably using it wrong. Until you declare relationship status or exclusivity, it is fair game for everybody.

>>18328156
I am anon, not femanon. But now you will call me chad or normie, dont you?
>pro tip
Single moms and fat girls are desparate for anybody.
:-)
>>
>>18328183
>Single moms and fat girls are desparate for anybody
Can you even imagine if this was the dating advice for your average man 20 years ago? Our world is fucked.
>>
>>18328183
>>18328182

OK, so I am getting conflicting signals here. On the one hand, it seems like there is already a high risk of STIs because the people who use Tinder are possibly more promiscuous than the average person, but on the other hand I am expected to see multiple women at the same time, which would multiply the already high risk of getting a disease.

But I still want to get to know someone and improve my social skills, so how can I put off sex for as long as possible while talking to women until I feel confident that they are not some sort of really high-risk person?
>>
>>18328195
>so how can I put off sex for as long as possible while talking to women until I feel confident that they are not some sort of really high-risk person?
By not using tinder.

Tinder is for sex.
>>
>>18328199
So what should I use instead?

I don't have facebook or anything really except a researchgate account and a gmail.
>>
>>18328202
might as well try okcupid

you could also try plentyoffish, but that's usually where you find the low-class ghetto chicks
>>
>>18328195
You'll do much better if you can pull it off in person. If you're at a university, hang out at some of the local watering holes for students and try to meet people there. Just steer clear of Tinder if you at all can: it creates an absolutely cancerous social atmosphere and it's a losing proposition if you're a guy. It sounds like you're not giving yourself enough credit, socially.
>>
>>18328218
Yeah, maybe you're right. My friend told me I had become more off-putting and robotic over the months, and that I used to be more fun but that just means my social skills have atrophied so it's just a matter of practicing again.
>>
File: rca_incassetteback.jpg (14KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
rca_incassetteback.jpg
14KB, 256x192px
Go to a business place...
or call somewhere you get things done that is local.
If a guy is there... flirt,
eventually one will say "Hey wanna go out?"
Done.
>>
>>18328710
Sorry I forgot to mention I'm not a girl or gay, and though it seems like either one would improve my chances I'm not interested in faking being a gay or a girl.
>>
>>18328096
Don't use dating apps, period. They are filled with crazy desperate people. Go outside and talk to a women/man that isn't behind a screen.
>>
File: 1488734181158.png (6KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488734181158.png
6KB, 600x450px
>>18328199
>Tinder is for sex.
Then why does every female profile in my area include some variation on "no hookups"?
>>
>>18328096
>Her reasoning was that she uses Tinder to go on a bunch of dates with guys whom she is simultaneously dating

she sounds like a gold digger. is she using guys for a free meal ticket?
>>
>>18328136
The juice is not worth the squeeze just focus on your education instead of risking everything. Women carry a loaded gun ready to pull the trigger on a false rape accusation and they trap you with child support extortion.
>>
>>18330030

Covering their asses. They don't want to appear as or be labeled as sluts, despite the obvious reality.
>>
>>18328096
>Her reasoning was that she uses Tinder to go on a bunch of dates with guys whom she is simultaneously dating.

Whenever someone says that "The Red Pill" is exclusively for whiney virgins and beta males, I like to point to the fact that women prove TRP "theory" themselves. If you just shut up and pay attention to shit, like the fact that women have so many options for dating it's not even funny, then your realize it's not about being bitter, it's about refusing to remain naive and overly romantic.
>>
>>18330030
>>18330138
It's also a shit test. "I'm not going to fuck you" is like saying "prove to me that I should fuck you, do your little alpha male dance and if I want I'll spread my legs".
>>
>>18329976
>dating apps are full of desperate people
The world is full of desperate people. Dating apps exist because of this desperation. If you go out and meet people in "real life", there's a solid fucking chance they are one of those "crazy, slutty, desperate people" that use those dirty old dating apps, because [SPOILER]dating apps are used by real life people that exist, not robots/anime girls[/SPOILER]
>>
since we're already discussing Tinder - is there any emulator for windows/linux? I fucking hate those funny phones with too large screens
>>
>>18328096
>Using tinder
>Actively and willingly merchandising yourself in the most degrading way possible

This is exactly where I get my sense of superiority from
>>
>>18330045
No, I don't think so. She has actually been the more responsible person in her previous relationships, and the guys in her rotation don't seem like typical gold-digger targets (for example, one of them is a philosophy grad student.)
>>18329976
Where should I go? I don't enjoy drinking outside of rare occasions, so the bar is out.

>>18330054
Is this really a big risk? I mean, yeah, there is a chance of a man being accused of rape, but there is also a chance of the man raping the woman, should women just not go out with men at all, following this logic? It does seem scary but I'd like to see the numbers before ruling out women entirely...
>>
>>18330030

>girl has that on her profile
>take her back after first date
>stammering she gets really nervous as I drop her off, super obvious she wants me to make a move on her
>dont and tell her bye
>she never messages me again

Tindr sluts are all the same despite what their profiles say otherwise.
>>
>>18331709
Hmm, maybe I will try this strategy. This way I can get some social exposure and follow my friend's advice without actually exposing myself to the risk of STIs.
>>
don't bother unless you're 6'+ and ripped
>>
>>18328096
First, stop LARPing as some pre-PHD candidate who magically stopped posting on a Chinese basket-weaving board with actually living female friends that care about you. Let's start from reality. How much do you weigh?
>>
>>18332306
I weigh 145 lbs, I think, the scale at the gym is broken.

I can show you my acceptance letter once I get to the lab, but then you have to tell me what your job is. Deal?
>>
>>18330157
To be fair, my friend is kind of an outlier compared to most other women I've known, in terms of how sexually active she is.
>>
>>18328096
Literally take the most flattering picture of yourself ever and put it as your display pic. Put one picture of your full body and another which is a picture of hobbies or shit you do or have done.

Blue/green/orange are good attractive colours. Use filters on your display picture

For your bio put a statement like "let's have a chat and see where things go :)" use an emoji not a text smiley. Simplicity is key and less is more. Don't put an essay as a bio. Three sentences max. Short and sweet.

When you get matches best fool proof hands down way to get replies is to just message their name with exclamations. No joke. It works. If she doesn't respond she's probably already talking to someone. Brianna! Jamie! Etc. You get the picture.

Whatever she says just follow up with "what on earth are you looking for on tinder??"

Thank me later OP
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.