[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice dealing with suicidals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: sadface.jpg (24KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
sadface.jpg
24KB, 403x433px
>Girlfriend says she feels empty/depressed/emotionless
>Says she'll kill herself in a month, I say she's bluffing, but then she says she's going to commit suicide along with someone else.
>When I ask her how to help she says to leave her alone

Anything is welcome.
>>
Okay let's start with the usual.

Are you in love with this girl? If no, cut contact. If yes, think about the last thing she complained about. Now replay that memory forever. This will be your life if you both don't communicate better. If she can't open up to you then get her some counciling.
>>
>>18327234
Wait what you mean with someone else? That's sus as fuck.
>>
cuddle her :)
>>
>>18327249
I love her like a big sister (I'm 18, she's 20. We know eachother since highschool) andI love her with all my heart.

>counciling
You mean talking to her family about it?
She's currently lives with her mother and a little sister (her dad is being a dick about the divorce)
So I'm hesistant about whether or not I should tell them immediately
>>
>>18327234
bump to save a life.
>>
File: why.gif (456KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
456KB, 600x573px
>>18327410
bump
to
save
a
life
:(
>>
>>18327435
>>18327410
say something
i'm
giving
up
on
you
>>
Fucking ditch her ass, dumbass.
>>
File: angerisafeeling.jpg (361KB, 1266x2191px) Image search: [Google]
angerisafeeling.jpg
361KB, 1266x2191px
>>18327520
have a heart anon. life can be very brutal for some people. We're all in this together
>>
>>18327520
I'd like to but when people will find out i knew about it and did nothing they're gonna roast my ass man
>>
>>18327533
So go after the person with whom she has a suicide pact.
>>
>>18327234
You dump her and look for a stable girl
If you feel a burning need to help, get her a therapists number or something.
>>
>>18327533

Be a man, ditch her ass, and call the fucking police on her. She is putting herself in danger and threatened to hurt herself. If you knew about it and didn't do anything to stop her, then you are a horrible person. So, do something about it.
>>
>>18327287
Tell them you're worried about her and that she should see a therapist.
>>
>follow her when she goes for it
>Knock both of them out
>(Optional) Fuck both of them
>Have them administered to a local mental health facility.
>No more complaining
>Nobody died
>You technically had a threesome
>>
>>18327234
Don't leave her alone. No matter what she says, no matter how much she keeps you away. We're talking suicide here, so almost every mean necessary is legitimate.
Stay with her, talk to her directly about the issue, talk to friends and family of her about this, talk to a professional.
>>
My gf was suicidal after her mother died, although she mostly just said she wanted to die. I started describing to her every suicide scenario in detail and what she would feel after a while, and sent her to a therapist.

There's only one question here op: are you a graduated psychologist?
>yes
Therapy her
>no
Send her to one

As much as you want to help, none of it will be as good as seeing a therapist, and anything below the beat threatment is endangering her life.
>>
>>18327234
just got out of a relationship similar to this.
>>18327550
hit the nail on the head. Have her talk to a therapist and/or ask a therapist for advice, because you aren't qualified to help her, and she doesn't seem to want to help. No matter what, you both need to end this, because it's destroying both of you. I hope this helps, and best of luck.
>>
>>18327234
hopefully she kills herself she sounds like trouble that is not worth it
>>
>>18327234
The people on this thread are completely ignorant on depression and assume she is a terrible person. This is most likely not the case.

Depressed people need EMPATHY, which is very different from sympathy. They feel alone in their pain. They need understanding. Don't simply tell them "It will get better," or "Man that sucks." To them that seems impossible.

Depressives are trapped within their own self loathing and almost indescribable sadness. Don't simply ask them "what can I do to help." The best thing you can do is try to understand that she is suffering and will be irrational. She needs understanding and support, but you don't need to be overbearing about it. Look at her pain, internalize it, actually feel her pain. She will see this and open up to you.

Your priority should be to get her to seek help. Some depressives can't do this on their own. Some need encouragement or White lies. In the end talking/medication can help most people.

If this begins to take too much of a toll on you, it's best for you to leave and do what's best for yourself... HOWEVER, as a word of caution, I would recommend you at least show support and initiate some help before you do so.
>>
>>18327234
Tell her family.

If you decide you don't want to be around her anymore then that's fine and just break up now. It's not your problem after all.
>>
>>18327234
>she says she's going to commit suicide along with someone else.

Normally I would say to help her out of the situation and give advice on how, but that's cheating. Dump her cheating ass.

If it's with her girlfriend, she's a lesbian. She's upset over her "forbiden love" and that's self centered and not about you. If it's another dude, she's getting dicked by another dude. Either way she's not into you and can't cope with the truth of the situation.

Cover your own ass, tell her family. Then get out.
>>
>>18327234
get her to snort 50mg of racemic ketamine.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.