[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

social anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Anyone here overcame their social anxiety?

How did you do it?
>>
Force yourself to interact with people, really helps with getting a job.
>>
>>18326233

Identified whether its social anxiety or atmospheres.

I had a huge divde between my behaviour around close friends, and my behaviour in professional settings and meeting new people in more formal pretenses (also really good. Got praised often for personability).

And clubs and bars (instant social retard.. Yet fine again in the smoke pit).

Eventually learned im socially fine. I just need to.avoid loud places with too many people and no tangible ice breakers. I dont know what to do with myself in these situations and i cut them out and my confidence went up.

Other than that its practice.

Find your spaces and just learn that people are generally pretty nice and not judging you, and if they are it doesnt matter anyway.
>>
>>18326233
>Got really successful, cured it for a little bit
>was on top, had tons of friends etc. wasn't an awkward fuck or afraid to talk to people, was just myself.
>stopped being successful, fell behind, got fat, stopped working
>it came back in a second
>working towards not being socially autistic again
My social anxiety was because of my insecurities, as soon as they were gone i became myself, and as soon as they came back i lost myself.
Try improving yourself.
>>
Yea, I bought a house in a middle of nowhere and I buy food in bulk once a month or so.

Werks out pretty gud. However I'm schizoid, so not the typical socially anxious person. So loner/asociality is my forte.
>>
>>18326233
You just have to do it. Go out and MAKE ourself talk to people. Start at stores, cashiers, waiters, etc. In high school my social anxiety was terrible. Eventually your exposure will make talking to people second nature

Don't be afraid. No one will attack you. No one will judge you, the world won't gang up on you.
Just take it slow friend, you'll make it work.
>>
I talked.

yeah..
>>
>>18326810
what's your job, this sounds like the life
>>
>>18326888
NEET PRO
>>
>>18326233
>Anyone here overcame their social anxiety?
>How did you do it?
I did a lot of social experiments to understand how social norms were perceived trough people or group of people. Then I understood this is all abstract. You are being judged for your whole, from what you can say, do or look like.
Try to fullfill your mind with so many things that you will start to perceive people minds. For every questions there is in today society a limited range of answers which are socially the norm or not.
Try to have 3 questions and answers in advance at first, and before they even finish their sentence. Then go for the most interesting things people would like to ear or talk about. This come with a first part of listening and understanding of the kind of people you talk to. You will gain confidence from the silence and listening of other. It does take time but eventually you have to trust yourself, you are fine, you are just to conscious of what other perceive but don't handle the social pressure you feel. You will teach yourself that you are the pressure toward others now. People are pretty simple in the end. You could even start feeling bored because not a lot of people are deep enough.
>>
For me: Most people I've met disappear from my life in few years along with their opinions about me.
>>
Yeah here's how you do it - express your thoughts and opinions that are the most interesting. And people will naturally conversate with you. You have things you care about right? Don't just shut off on autopilot, hanging out with people s like a game, you actively have to be a part of it for there to be any point. Everybody's gotta contribute to the flow. And if you want to yank the flow in a certain direction, you can do that if you really want. But also be genuine and don't just say things to force saying something. It's a balance.
>>
Kind of, but not in a good way. Didn't overcome it. I died and went here (hell) and every day is worse than the previous. Social anxiety is trivial in comparison to all I have now.
>>
anxiety about what exactly
>>
I got a job that forced me to talk to people a lot. But I eventually lost that job and have now been a NEET for 2 years and my social anxiety has come roaring back.

First thing to remember, it's not about "curing" social anxiety. It's about reducing it. Completely curing it is impossible because pretty much everybody has at least some social anxiety.

I think it comes down to increasing your self-esteem (this is done by improving yourself) and
repeatedly forcing yourself to do the things that make you anxious.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.