[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask the Emperor anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

File: Advice will be had.jpg (600KB, 1024x1445px) Image search: [Google]
Advice will be had.jpg
600KB, 1024x1445px
Hello my mortal subjects,

I am here to give counsel and aid you in your ails, queries and questions. Let me help you understand better. Ask, and thy shalt receive advice.

Do not be afraid to step into the light of the Aquila. Ask away.
>>
God Emperor, I seek advice. My girlfriend gets overly emotional during our fights we had 2 during our 1 year being together and every time it happened she was all ready to break up.

What should I do if it happens again? Dump her ass or tell her to stop being a little baby?

Outside of that she's pretty amazing, treats me very well which in turn I do the same.
>>
How bad was your first time and was alcohol involved?
>>
File: good things will come..jpg (221KB, 755x1057px) Image search: [Google]
good things will come..jpg
221KB, 755x1057px
>>18326123
What are you two fighting about? Of course having the occasional (verbal) fight is normal in a relationship, but it should never push any one of you all the way to breaking point.

That she's amazing, is a big plus. and that you two treat each other well, doubly so. The goal is to get closer towards one another.

A lot of fights are caused due to lack of mutual understanding. Always try to stay calm, even if you feel that it's really difficult. Be her beacon of tranquility when she is feeling emotional. And most of all, talk, talk, talk to her. I cannot emphasize this enough.
>>
File: gaze of reconciliation.jpg (8KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
gaze of reconciliation.jpg
8KB, 244x206px
>>18326132
>>
>>18326139
That bad, huh.
>>
>>18326136
I remain calm but she gets very emotional. First fight was about my previous ex, I'm not going to get into details but I suspect jealousy was to blame.

Second fight was my fault, I said something inappropriate about her grandmother who was super important to her and she died few years ago. I apologized but she caused a massive shit storm nonetheless.
>>
>>18326147
Jealousy has a bad reputation, and most of the times, rightfully so. However, jealousy in your situation stems from the fact she holds you dearly and cherishes the relationship you two have. The longer you two will be together, the more history you two will build up, and the pre-history (of you and your partner before you were together) will eventually fade away. Trust me.

The second fight is, with all due respect, your fault and your fault alone. I expect you did not mean to be demeaning, but alas, such things happen. Try to know what things are of import to her and be more careful next time.

A relationship can bring a lot of joy, but at times one must weather the storm. Your girlfriend might threaten with breaking up, but deep inside she loves you very much. Her jealousy is evident of that. Still, getting to breaking point costs both of you a lot of energy that is best spent elsewhere.

You both still have a long way to go, but you two will get there. There is mutual love and you seem to have a good time together. Keep at it, anon.
>>
God-Emperor, I have a problem.

I'm 30 years old, I have a fledgling career as an actor, scriptwriter and getting into directing for a few short films. I'm trying my best to make something of myself after spending my youth looking for a path to follow. I am generally fit, I'm not ugly but I'm not classically handsome due to a bearded Mediterranean complexion so I'm an acquired taste. Despite that, I've had decent luck at times on Tinder and I've managed to bang 8-9/10s, hit the jackpot a few times. Thing is, I have never been able to find someone who will stay long enough to build something with.

I'm kindof confident, everybody says I'm funny and smart and I'm very honest and sincere but I'm not much of a party guy. Every girl I've dated lost her side of the spark after max 2 weeks of dating and it's happened so often that it's taken a ridiculous hit to my self-esteem. It comes and goes but sometimes it hits me full force and the loneliness is severely affecting my productivity, outlook and a bit of my health too. Even when going out with friends I can't shake it off because I become aware of all the couple dynamics within the groups. The girls who like the guys and vice versa and me in the middle of this hurricane of lust and feelings, alone. I go home feeling shittier than when I left.

I'm not one to pick up girls at bars and my work never involves single women (not to mention it would be grossly unprofessional of me).

I need some advice.

t. A Thousand Sons player (sorry about the webway gate)
>>
God-Emperor, do you have any suggestions for organization?

Mine is severely lacking, but I must change my ways.

I am being diagnosed with ADHD soon, and the drugs will aid my focus.

But not my organization.
That is a skill I must aquire.
>>
Who the fuck is Aquila? Thats not the dude im used to calling himself "Emperor"...
>>
File: Think before you act.jpg (60KB, 367x376px) Image search: [Google]
Think before you act.jpg
60KB, 367x376px
>>18326185

Your gene-father is to blame, my wayward son. Fear not.

You sound like a prime specimen. You talk about your youth as if it is a thing of the past. You are only 30 years of age. Shift your outlook on life: only talk about your past youth when it is actually in the past, you sound like an elder already, however you have much already that others could only hope.

Your low self-esteem is like a mask you have to take off. You being both an actor, director among other things is actually a testament to the self-esteem you DO have. Take pride in that and take that mask off. There is so much strength underneath!

It is never easy to meet a proper mate, I firmly believe that Tinder is nothing more than a tool for people to get their dick wet/get a wet dick and will almost never lead to an actual relationship nor will it lead you to meet women that are relationship material.

Being or not being handsome isn't important, it is how you carry yourself and more importantly, how you see yourself. This reflects on how people see you. If you only fuck around with girls from time to time, than that is how girls will see you and continue to see you unless you change.

Change is difficult (though perhaps not for one of Magnus' sons) and requires a lot of effort. True changes always comes from within and never without.

You could simply try to meet women by going out. Not to bars or clubs, but say, to cultural gatherings. Enroll into things like group sessions at museums, go to lectures about your interests, enroll into a sport. A lot of sport clubs for examples, host gatherings like barbecues, bi-yearly parties and the like. Not only will you meet women, but you will likely meet new friends as well.
I could go on and on, but you get my point. The only limits that exists are the limits you place upon yourself.
What exists in the mind, never exists without it. Take strength from this knowledge and head out, broaden your horizon.
>>
>>18326159
It shall be done God Emperor.
>>
>>18326193
This is a very, very broad subject. Could you care to specify it a bit more?

What do you want to organise? Your day-to-day planning? Your work, or friends. Or perhaps life in general? Elaborate, my friend.
>>
File: Aquila.jpg (34KB, 1000x379px) Image search: [Google]
Aquila.jpg
34KB, 1000x379px
>>18326211
I frequent this board very often to give advice to Mankind. What makes you doubt so?
>>
>>18326103
Oh my God Emperor,
Does the mind rule the body or does the body rule the mind?
>>
>>18326262

In your mind are million seeds filled with hope. Seeds that cry out in unison and die as reality shifts. Is your mind madness or the messiah?

It’s a dystopian vision of hell. In other words it’s a utopian vision of heaven. It’s all in the double negatives.

Do you ever wonder who created your character? And why your life is a computer simulation? Do you ever wonder who decided the rules of the game?

We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would mean to create one such as you. We are living in a time beyond ideas. A time in which the only idea you understand is the idea that you know nothing whatsoever. Isn’t that comforting?

It makes you realize the one eternal truth: You're fucked.
>>
>>18326225
Thank you for your words, God-Emperor.

I can't say I haven't tried. I have plenty of hobbies but the ones I'm legit into or skilled enough to take seriously tend to be dominated by males. I can't say I fully agree with you on the Tinder issue though, I've met some stellar people I've grown great friendships with, the biggest issue is probably the fact the ones I had the greatest chemistry with were tourists. Obviously I can't build anything past friendship with someone who lives on the other side of Terra.

Regardless, I heed your advice. I know I'm better than this, I have tangible proof from my achievements, but it wears you down at times. Constant failure makes you feel as if you're the problem after all.

I just have to try harder.
>>
>>18326103
God-Emperor, should I reply to a text from my ex boyfriend?

He's married and lives in another country.
>>
>>18326343
Let us name some pros and cons here. If he married, that makes the text suspicious in my auric eyes. However, if he lives abroad you have nothing to fear.

It all comes down to what was in that text message. Does he want to come in touch with you again? Do you actually want to get back in touch with him, despite his marriage and the distance between you two?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170518-065855.png (428KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170518-065855.png
428KB, 1440x2560px
>>18326103
How much cash should you leave town with? Story explained in screen cap
>>
>>18326375
He said that he thinks of me and misses me, and he's sorry for breaking up and hopes I'm happy.
We had a very messy break up.

I'd like to get back in touch with him, but I don't think I could be friends with him, no.
>>
>>18326381
You either go full-throttle on this, or not at all. There is no middle ground sadly.

To my honest opinion, you would be better off letting it all rest and move on. A messy break-up is never nice and can leave quite a scar. However, you diverting your energy into him again prevents you from using that same energy into meeting new people, perhaps getting a new relationship. A platonic friendship with an ex rarely works.

Ask yourself, what can he, who is married and lives abroad, offer you what someone else could not?
>>
>>18326380
Quite a rough story you have got going there, my friend. Whether or not it is truthful, is not of import. You should take enough money to see to your basic needs, depending on how long you will go. Keep it in several places on you, not just your wallet. You do not want to risk losing it all in one go due to losing your wallet or being robbed.
Ask yourself what you need to get through a day without thirst or hunger, buying the absolute basics.
Another important thing is where you will be staying. Will you be travelling a lot, or do you stay with a friend, or do you need to rent a room/bed at a hotel or hostel?
>>
File: photo.jpg (403KB, 1100x1020px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
403KB, 1100x1020px
>>18326103
Let me re reply, my god emporeror how much money is a safe bet to leave town with and start over via greyhound?
>>
>>18326399
Prolli a hotel my highest , i will prolli take 2,500$ plus the greyhound ticket purchased
>>
>>18326381
I'm just a pleb, not the God Emperor but I recently replied to my ex's text. I wanted to keep in touch but I didn't think a friendship could work, exactly like you.
Well I have feelings for him again now, and I wonder if he feels the same but I can't ask because I know it wouldn't be good for me coming back together.
Don't reply. And my guy is not married or anything, so your case scenario could be even worse.
>>
Oi Emprah, I found dis fing wiff a 'umie on it, but da 'umie had lumps an stuff an made me feel fingz wot I aint menta feel in me fungus. I ask da pain boyz an dey sayz its summat called lady 'umie. I keep wotching da fing wiff da lady 'umie on it an my fungus keeps feelin weird an I fink I wontz one. I ask Gork n Mork but deys not say nuffin bouts it, just WAAAAAGH. Wot you fink I shud do?

Signed, a reglar Spehs Mareen
>>
Got any techniques for dealing with stress and anxiety about doing a task? I have to write my thesis, but when I get to doing it I need a few hours of doing other things to calm me so I'm not so god damn anxious. I think it's mostly because it's unfamiliar territory for me, but when I ask for help people either dismiss it or give vague useless advice. Not to mention that all my friends' advice is "it's easy for you bruh, just do it" which makes it even harder.
I guess I wanna learn more about dealing with stress and anxiety, because spending 2-3 hours "preparing" so that I can work on my thesis for that long isn't really effective.
>>
>>18326103
Oh great God Emperor of Mankind, how do I hate myself less?

I'm a 19 year old M, motherless and fatherless. Right now, in order to survive and achieve my goals I need to accept who I am flaws and all. I struggle with this since I focus on my flaws mainly.
>>
File: happiness is the goal.jpg (68KB, 390x821px) Image search: [Google]
happiness is the goal.jpg
68KB, 390x821px
>>18326494
First, you need to know what specifically causes your anxiety. Are you afraid to fail, is the task so tiresome that you constantly long to do other things? Find out what it is for yourself.

The other thing is finding out what calms you down. Perhaps music is something that helps you relax, or reading a book does the trick. Or, perhaps a video game helps you unwind.

If the task ahead of you is vast, divide it into smaller chunks. Lay out your plan in front of you. Write it down. I mean it. Grab a pen and write down how you plan to do it.

Then set yourself to work on a single chunk, if you feel a performance block coming up, lay down your task for a moment and try to do something calming for 15-30 minutes. After that, get back to that chunk. Don't think of the whole task, just focus on that separate bit you are working on.

The trick is to feel relief when you have finished your 'chunk' of work. If you only allow yourself to feel relief when the entire task (or thesis) is done, then it will be a constant source of stress and pressure. Many small moments of relief are better than a big sigh of relief at the end. Use those moments to reward yourself with well-earned moments of video/game/reading/music/whatsoever.

And stick to your plan as much as you can. Of course, some chunks are more difficult than others. The foreword of a thesis is less effort than the conclusion, but then again, the reward of you completing it will be bigger.

I know you can do this, anon. If your friends say you can, they are not wrong. The only thing you need to find out is how exactly to go about doing it.

A task divided into smaller tasks might look like a lot of work, but a herd of cows is easier to control than a single elephant.
>>
>>18326103
>>18326103
Oh God Emperor, wisest of us all I come seeking guidance.
Why do i feel guilty for finally being happy?

For the ,majority of my life I have been unhappy, abused, beaten and bested. Yet now I find my self stood at the gates of what seems to be the Imperial palace it's self.

I have found a woman who loves me, joined the Military and am enjoying my training and I have consolidated my friends.

Yet I feel guilty, like I am not worthy of this blessing and that I should cast it aside in the hopes some one more deserving should obtain this.
Will this feeling ever pass?

Your Loyal subject, Anon
>>
>>18326516

The thing with flaws is, they define who you are, That might sound dire, but see it this way: If not for your flaws, you wouldn't have any strengths; without the negatives, there wouldn't be any positives. And Terra be turned, you have quite the strengths. You are parent-less, but still manage to be where you are, regardless. That requires strength.

Adding to that, you should never see flaws as something you will always carry with you. Some flaws are situational, others are temporary. Still others can be dealt with and overcome.

It is easiest to only see flaws, but in order to have flaws, you need to have strengths. One cannot be without the other. It works both ways. Know this and allow yourself to laugh at fate. You are in control.
>>
>>18326103
Oh mighty Emperor How do I stop obsessive thoughts about my ex? She's the mother of my kids, so I have to see her. But I don't want to think about her other than that.
>>
God-Emperor of Mankind, I have a moral dilemma.

I have been asked to help out at an openair festival by a woman for whom I developed feelings, but decided to keep my distance as she already was in a relationship and has made it fairly clear that I am not physically her type.

I still hold her dear as a good friend, and so I want to help her out, yet at the same time I don't want to spend two days watching her kiss and hug another man if she still is in that relationship or has entered another.

Should I be stoic and do what's right, or should I protect myself?
>>
File: Palatine Aquila.jpg (38KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
Palatine Aquila.jpg
38KB, 640x398px
>>18326567
The feeling will only pass once you allow it to do so.
You are punishing yourself for having a good time, because you, as you say, have felt bed for your entire life. For some reason your current stability and happiness doesn't feel right, because it might feel dishonest to your past self. I know that pain, anon. I have felt it countless times.

The key to this must come from yourself, but heed my advice. Live in the moment, live in the now. What is behind you is quite literally, behind you and will never come back. Past literallly doesn't repeat. The future may emulate the past, but will never be exactly the same.

If you live in the now, and only focus what is in front of you, the burden of the past will become less and the light at the horizon of your future will become bright indeed.

Whenever you feel guilty, make the Sign of the Aquila upon your chest. This may sound silly, but bear with me and let me explain what the Aquila means.

The Aquila, or the two-headed eagle is blind-folded on the right side, and the left side has eyes. The blind side of the symbol represents you looking back into your past at the lessons of your history and traditions, while the sighted eagle is looking into the future and the hope of the better life.

You can do this, anon. I know you can.
>>
>>18326585

I would say that you need to be stoic. If you do not help your out just because you do not want to risk seeing one, perhaps two moments where she gives her spouse a loving hug or perhaps a quick kiss, you risk your friendship with her, but more importantly, you are not honest to yourself. Do not be a slave to desire and wallow in the reality that you are not with her.
And let's be honest, couples don't constantly snug and kiss in public. That is an exaggerated prospect.

If your friendship to her is purely a by-product of you wanting to be her partner, then it is best to protect yourself and not go at all, and drop the friendship altogether.

I am afraid I cannot give you a definitive answer, and for that, I am truly sorry,
>>
>>18326623
I can wholeheartedly say that it was firstly the things that made me perceive her as a friend that led to me developing feelings, and in that aspect, I have received a definitive answer from you.

Ave Imperator.
>>
>>18326576
It seems the Emperor does not favor me.

All I can think about is her even when I have the children in my care. But I do take care of them. Better than her I'd say so maybe that's why, but these thoughts are like a slow creeping poison.
>>
>>18326103
Good Emporer,

I have done everything you want from me, for my hole life. You know the girl i fall in love with, Birgit was her name. You know how fucked up she was on last Thursday. I owe you my life and even ore. But please one last wish, let a small tyranid-swarm spawn this night in her house.
>>
File: 1493787479093.jpg (170KB, 764x1045px) Image search: [Google]
1493787479093.jpg
170KB, 764x1045px
>>18326780
>>18326576
Patience is a virtue.

You need to unburden yourself from your past, just as I summarised in >>18326595. Look forward, allow yourself to get in contact with other people, work on yourself to get a new spouse that will fill the void of your ex-spouse, The road you are walking currently is the road to self-destruction.

You are very strong, anon. You fathered children, you weathered the storm of separation and you are currently here, in the now. You are strong and you need to realise that you are. Stop being a slave to wants and needs and be rational. Your children need you, but you also need yourself.

Look past your own horizon, for the rays of the sun still shine there. I know you can do it.
>>
>>18326103
Emporer, halp

I am in love with my girlfriend of over a year. I haven't connected with anyone else like her. So many levels, especially musically (we're both musicians) and that's probably more important to me than anything. Except..

This new girl. Who came into my life and forged a connection that makes me question everything. I am 50/50 torn between them. And either way I go, I am filled with regret. I would miss out on both of them. And I can't chose

It gets worse. The other night, I got way too drunk. And I cheated on my girlfriend, with said girl.
I never thought I was this type of person. I always imagined the moment it could happen, and I would say no. I didn't think I could live with the guilt. But I drank. Not an excuse, it's what happened. I am the most garbage of humans.

Help
>>
>>18326783
Your life is my currency, spend it well.

When you wish upon a falling star, a Daemon spawns where you are.
>>
>>18326790
The Emperor protects.

I weep for the children and the life that could've been. I pick them up and they are dirty, tired, and not fed. Yet she's all dolled up more than likely to see her new man. While I still pick over every little detail. I send home clean happy kids.
>>
>>18326242
The Emperor Satan said.
>>
File: 1490994155363.png (531KB, 436x553px) Image search: [Google]
1490994155363.png
531KB, 436x553px
Hello, emperor. I ask your assistance.
How do I prepare for an exams, in one month, considering the fact I have to sit ten exams/subjects? There are three subjects which are top priority. Any tips?
>>
>>18326103
God Emperor, I seek counsel.

I am an unusual looking creature. 6'6", 130lb, disproportionately long limbs and neck, extraordinarily thin and hunched, speckled all over with freckles and moles. I hesitate to use the word ugly, but that's potentially what I am.

How can I use this bizarre visage to my advantage? I am very socially awkward and my interests are as weird as my appearance, yet I crave the affections of a female companion.

Please, God Emperor, bathe me in your illuminating wisdom.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.